Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Talking Guggenheim, Time Warner Reach agreement on Dodgers TV network

per Scott Soshnick

@ @soshnick

Bloomberg News Sports

Guggenheim, Time Warner Reach agreement on Dodgers TV network, sources tell Bloomberg #Dodgers #MLB

Guggenheim will start regional sports network around Dodgers. Time Warner will serve as administrator. More Details to come. #Dodgers #MLB

more news:

The battle for the television rights to broadcast Dodgers baseball may finally be over, and it appears that Time Warner Cable Inc. will be the victor to a share of the rights — this according to two people familiar to the situation.

Per the sources, the announcement is imminent.

The current plan is for the games to be broadcast on a completely new sports network, which will be developed by Guggenheim Partners, the owners of the Dodgers. Expect something similar to TimeWarner SportsNet, the channel that carries Los Angeles Lakers basketball.

It’s important to point out that Time Warner Cable will just be a partner, and will not exclusively own any rights.

The reported sale price as of a month was said to be hovering between $6 and $7 billion, with Time Warner Cable heavily competing against Fox, who had previously owned the broadcast rights to the Dodgers.

MORE:

“From a Dodgers standpoint, this puts them at the same rank as the Yankees, Red Sox and Giants,” Lee Berke, head of a sports-focused media consulting firm said. “Valuation is the name of the game. That’s what Guggenheim is going to achieve by developing a Dodgers network with Time Warner.

Soshnick says that Guggenheim will own the regional sports network…

The games will be carried on a new regional sports network to be bankrolled by Guggenheim Partners, which owns the Dodgers. Sounds like TWC's partnership will involve administration and distribution rather than actual programming. In effect, this gives the Dodgers its own channel. An announcement is expected soon. The team owners had been negotiating with Fox, which has the TV rights through 2013, and the numbers that were thrown around - $6 billion according to one report - would have been unprecedented. But ownership of a sports channel had always been an option for the team.
    Last edited by bluedawgalex; 01-22-2013 at 11:24 AM.

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    http://t.co/6M50YiU9

The battle for post-2013 cable rights to the Los Angeles Dodgers appears to have been won by Time Warner Cable, according to a published report.
    Bloomberg News has reported that Time Warner Cable will be a partner in a new regional sports network that will be developed by Dodger owners Guggenheim Partners, according to Bloomberg News.

Time Warner Cable representatives did not confirm the deal early Tuesday.

The result would be a surprise on two levels. Fox Sports, which is in the final season of its current Dodger contract this year, had exclusive negotiating rights to the Dodgers through the end of November 2012, and figured to have an advantage in locking up the team as the ongoing centerpiece of Fox Sports West -- as well as the incentive, especially after the departure of the Los Angeles Lakers to Time Warner Cable.

Conversely, if Time Warner Cable won the Dodgers, it figured they would join the months-old English- and Spanish-language networks that feature the Lakers. Instead, yet another new Los Angeles-based RSN is potentially in the offing, with the Dodgers apparently trading the guaranteed revenue stream from a rights sale for the retention of an ownership stake and potentially a greater windfall.

Guggenheim paid more than $2 billion to buy the Dodgers nearly a year ago, an unprecedented sale price that was predicated on the boon of televised sports revenue.
    Woooo!

vCash

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash

vCash
    good looks like we can finally have an all dodgers channel

vCash
    Verizon fios better make a deal fast with TW. I don't want to miss any games even ST.

vCash
    Rock and roll...!!!

vCash
    Luckily we don't have to worry about the subscription drama till 2014.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    ^I'm ahead of you. I'm already thinking how this will bring change to my subscription. Anyway, as long as DTV carries the channel without have me to pay for more will be a good one. If this will be all Dodgers channel, I hope they air our affiliates games as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Bill Shaikin ‏@BillShaikin
    Source: #Dodgers tentative deal with Time Warner Cable worth between $7 billion and $8 billion to team.

vCash
    No more fox!!!
    Oh yeah

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    Great news! Dodgers 24/7!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    ^I'm ahead of you. I'm already thinking how this will bring change to my subscription. Anyway, as long as DTV carries the channel without have me to pay for more will be a good one. If this will be all Dodgers channel, I hope they air our affiliates games as well.
    Yes that would be nice to have.

vCash
    If the Dodgers make it to the World Series next year, then your subscription fees will certainly go up.

vCash
    Thank God I have the Dodgers to watch this year. Being a Laker fan is tough potatoes right now. lol. I dont care, if we fall short a game again like last year from making the playoffs, at least this team will be fun and entertaining to watch. Ok, I care but still. THis is going to be a fun season I hope.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast