Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Lightbulb Bryz Buyout. With Luongo coming in.

Luongo deal is coming. Any thoughts on Bryz getting bought out with possibly Courtier getting dealt for Luongo?

vCash
    My thoughts: completely asinine and would be one of the dumbest decisions ever made by the Flyers

My thoughts if you take Couturier out of the deal: dumb and pointless
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45999&dateline=133521  2357

vCash
    If we dealt Bryz nobody would ever sign in Philadelphia again, we can't seem to honor any contracts...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    If we dealt Bryz nobody would ever sign in Philadelphia again, we can't seem to honor any contracts...
    People would still sign. Players would understand that Bryz got bought out because he was not playing like the goalie they expected him too be. But as for Loungo over Bryz... More money for more years, and you have to trade for him... No thanks. You have a season and a half to evaluate Bryz and decide if he is worth the contract and if there is anything available to replace him.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman94 View Post
    Luongo deal is coming. Any thoughts on Bryz getting bought out with possibly Courtier getting dealt for Luongo?
    a) couturier wasn't traded for Shea Weber ... no way is he being traded for a marginally better goalie

b) i think you would have had to use the 2012-2013 buyout prior to the beginning of the season, and it can't be used again until the off-season for 2013-2014 (someone check on this for me?)

c) bryz has been our 2nd best player this year so far

d) spell Couturier correctly, it takes 3 seconds to google

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    a) couturier wasn't traded for Shea Weber ... no way is he being traded for a marginally better goalie

b) i think you would have had to use the 2012-2013 buyout prior to the beginning of the season, and it can't be used again until the off-season for 2013-2014 (someone check on this for me?)

c) bryz has been our 2nd best player this year so far

d) spell Couturier correctly, it takes 3 seconds to google

Exactly. Bryz has looked good so far. No reason to trade anyone, let alone Couts, for a goalie of a similar talent level with a similar contract.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    I know it's a short season, but it's still WAY too early to be worrying about this. I haven't been able to see every minute of every game so far, but from what I have seen Bryz has been holding up his end of the deal and has looked solid. Hopefully he's poised to have a strong season because if he doesn't we're toast. That said I'd say that unless we make a deep run to the playoffs where Bryz is just outstanding then he gets bought out. He won't get bought out necessarily because of poor play, but the bigger reason for a buyout will be the realization that this was a bad contract for the organization to invest in. Even if he plays very good this season, the fact that they still have to face six more years of never being able to remove his cap hit from their books is too much of a risk to not buy him out when we have the chance. I get the Bryz supporters and the optimism, but to risk a contract on a guy that we can't waive, send to the minors or trade without his consent is just an unnecessary risk. Buying him out will be more of a business decision than a pure hockey decision. The only thing that will make it more difficult is if he plays great and we make a serious cup run. I'm still hoping the guy can be stellar and give us some hope for this year.

vCash
    Barf to everything in the OP