Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad start

vCash
    125 bucks to sit in the 400s behind the goal and watch them play the leafs.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    125 bucks to sit in the 400s behind the goal and watch them play the leafs.
    Makes me feel old. I used to pay $14-$18 for green seats.

vCash
    I think the main problem this year is the disparity between our top end talent and lower end talent as compared to last year. I think we were more balanced last year as we had more mid range guys who could chip in offensively. Now dont get me wrong, I love having Nash on this team. He brings a new dynamic to the team. My only issue is our lack of mid level guys. This year, we have a lot of bottom 6 shut down forwards who are not gonna contribute as much offensively.
    Last Year:
    Top End:
    Gaborik
    Richards
    Callahan
    Medium Talent:
    Stepan
    Dubinsky
    Anisimov
    Boyle
    Hagelin
    Lower Talent
    Prust
    Fedotenko
    Rupp

This year
    Top End:
    Gaborik
    Richards
    Nash
    Callahan
    Medium:
    Stepan
    Boyle
    Hagelin
    Lower End:
    Rupp
    Asham
    Pyatt
    Halpern
    Last edited by thegame248; 01-26-2013 at 10:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame248 View Post
    Top End:

Medium Talent:
    Stepan
    Hagelin
    [
    I think these two are the key. Are they this generations young version Darren Turcotte and Tony Amonte? Both were good skaters at this age yet disappeared often. One matured years later while other was gone from hockey.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    I think these two are the key. Are they this generations young version Darren Turcotte and Tony Amonte? Both were good skaters at this age yet disappeared often. One matured years later while other was gone from hockey.

Neither of them will ever be Amonte. he score what 420+ goals? they might end up being Turcotte but not Amonte

vCash
    Hagelin isn't a goal scorer, he's actually the perfect third line guy but since we have no LW options he'll be a #1 or #2 LW. This is why I hope Kreider gets his a$s in gear. Kreider is a point getter when he's playing like he should. As much as Nash was key for us this year Kreider was also a huge part in that deal in that he'd be able to replace Anisimov or Dubinsky. If we just get Nash and lose Anisimov, Prust, Dubinsky and Mitchell and replace them with Pyatt(so far so good but overachieving), Asham (fighter) and Halpern (seems to have lost a step) then we aren't much better unless Kreider fills that #1 or #2 LW spot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12