Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad start

vCash

Bad start

Not the start we were all hoping for. I know its early but with a short season we cant afford to play like crap for a long period of time.

LGR!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr2002nyr View Post
    Not the start we were all hoping for. I know its early but with a short season we cant afford to play like crap for a long period of time.

LGR!
    No need to worry, started 0-3 last year and won the conference, they'll be fine, just got stuck playing some tough opponents early. This is still very much our season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Foge7 View Post
    No need to worry, started 0-3 last year and won the conference, they'll be fine, just got stuck playing some tough opponents early. This is still very much our season!
    I'm not worried about the record but I really would like to see more exciting hockey. So far the only excitement has been a little bit of Nash here and there. Call me crazy but I would rather watch fun entertaining hockey and be a 4-5 seed than watch boring grind grind grind dump chase dump chase side board side board hockey and be a 1-2 seed. I'd really like to see us start stretching the ice. We have 3 of the fastest guys (Hags, Kreider, Gabs) in the NHL but you would never know it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Foge7 View Post

Last year they had more time to recover from a bad start. They also had a full training camp last season
    Last edited by nyr2002nyr; 01-22-2013 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    The Rangers are a good team they just aren't as dominant as advertised. There's a ton of really good teams out there. Bruins, Pens, Kings, Flyers, Blues, Blackhawks, Capitals, Canucks, Wild, etc, all have very good hockey teams. Too many people were saying the Rangers were the clear cut favorite to win it all. It'll be another struggle.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The Rangers are a good team they just aren't as dominant as advertised. There's a ton of really good teams out there. Bruins, Pens, Kings, Flyers, Blues, Blackhawks, Capitals, Canucks, Wild, etc, all have very good hockey teams. Too many people were saying the Rangers were the clear cut favorite to win it all. It'll be another struggle.
    Well i didnt expect them to walk through everyone but either way they are not playing good hockey so far

vCash
    It's a rough schedule, very little training camp, and new parts in transition.

They've also come out flat in the first 2 games but they still have 46 games to get their **** in order.

Even if they don't finish in the top 4, from what we know in hockey is that regular season seedings don't matter much.

vCash
    It's only 2 games.... we'll get it going. They just need some adjustment time with the limited TC and new line combos. I have faith in Torts and Co. to get the team energized.

vCash
    Honestly, I think Torts is going to have to alter his plan a bit. I don't see this team playing the grinding style of last season. Nor should they have to. Our first two lines have more than enough talent to be dangerous at all times, and even the 3rd line of Kreider/Boyle/Halpern should chip in with more than a few goals.

Plus I don't know if the personnel really fits the style we played last year. Not saying the team has to play wide-open, but there needs to be some more room for the skill guys to do what they do.

vCash
    I think they have to be a little bit more wide open to be honest.

With skill position speed guys like Kreider and Hagelin, then adding Nash they need more space for these guys to maneuver the puck.

Again this is part of the problem with such little TC and not as much practice time during the season. Torts would have adjusted his style a bit to compensate for the difference in personnel.

He really didn't have that opportunity with this lockout.

I am not encouraging wholesale changes to what got us where we were last year and our defense and goaltending is indeed still paramount but they need to tweak some of what hasn't been working to what could work with the assets they have (especially in the offensive zone)
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-23-2013 at 06:39 AM.

vCash
    We changed a lot of our team and having a very very short training camp is really not helping. It's gonna take time to be consistantly good especially since we have so many games during the week that there's less practice time. Everyone forgets that our forwards have swapped Dubi, Artie, Prust, and Mitchell for Nash, Asham, Halpern, and Pyatt. That's a lot of change and a lot of players that have to learn the system.

vCash
    I dont think it matters at all. As long as we make the playoffs we are good enough to go to the SCF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    I dont think it matters at all. As long as we make the playoffs we are good enough to go to the SCF.

I think it is often just about who is healthy, who gets hot and who has the goaltending in the playoffs but even more so this strike shortened season. With that said in the main NHL forum there is already a thread about which coach will get fired first.

vCash
    The bad start certainly hasn't affected ticket prices.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The bad start certainly hasn't affected ticket prices.
    That is true. I think that having around 15 million people within an hour of a facility that holds 18000 people may play a larger role in ticket prices at times than the teams record. The corporation buys play a large role as well. I remember around 10-12 years ago there would be a noticeable amount of empty seats but they were still announced as sell outs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast