Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    he has had off ice issues, he hasn't produced on the ice, he is slow and often out of position. I would deal him now when there is still some value there. I wouldn't mind getting a player like Tyler Kennedy to Florida.
    You would be willing to trade a D that could potentially become another Weber for TK? He was rushed into the league, give him time. He should have played in the AHL or back in juniors last year. D prospects take longer to develop, I don't know why he played in the NHL last year. Then again, he technically made the team in 10-11 also, but he was sent back down due to contract issues. Give him time, he's gonna be a stud.

That being said, I'd still love him on the Pens. He's the kind of D prospect that the Pens need (gritty, shutdown D), since we have 10,000,000 puck-moving D prospect. He would be a great partner for Letang. Replacement for Orpik? If you really wanted to trade him, I think it would take at least Pouliot.
    Last edited by penguins2946; 01-23-2013 at 06:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    NYI and Washington are my guesses.
    Dude youre dead in with the islanders... Im a diehard isles fan. Tsn.ca did say that it wasnt an obvious team which cancels out philly and toronto. However, they also said its with a team that has to do something with one of their ayers. That tells me its nino neiderrieter of the islanders since he requested a trade recently.

My guess is as follows.

To NYI
    Loungo
    2nd
    Cash

To VAN:
    Nabokov
    Neiderrieter
    Ness

vCash
    ^Thats an excellent point really. IDK how id feel abotu that... Nabby has played really well for us... And I dont want to give up on Nino, hes gonna be awesome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    I think San Jose is the sleeper team here. It makes plenty of sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    ^Thats an excellent point really. IDK how id feel abotu that... Nabby has played really well for us... And I dont want to give up on Nino, hes gonna be awesome...
    Would Lu even accept a trade to NY?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Why
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Shelf 13 View Post
    Dude youre dead in with the islanders... Im a diehard isles fan. Tsn.ca did say that it wasnt an obvious team which cancels out philly and toronto. However, they also said its with a team that has to do something with one of their ayers. That tells me its nino neiderrieter of the islanders since he requested a trade recently.

My guess is as follows.

To NYI
    Loungo
    2nd
    Cash

To VAN:
    Nabokov
    Neiderrieter
    Ness
    Why not Backstrom from minny instead of luongo?

vCash
    I read somewhere he might be on the block for the right deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Would Lu even accept a trade to NY?
    So he can start

vCash
    So he can start
    He doesn't have to go to NYI to start.

vCash
    ^ The point is he'll go wherever as long as he can start, not many teams are breaking doors down to get that contract and Lu is too good to sit behind Schnieder. This year is perfect to roll with both of them but next year is a different story.

vCash
    ^ The point is he'll go wherever as long as he can start, not many teams are breaking doors down to get that contract and Lu is too good to sit behind Schnieder. This year is perfect to roll with both of them but next year is a different story.
    Apparently not, because he has a no trade clause, and Gillis has recently stated that this is one of the factors that is complicating a deal.

We have a guy in the Czech Republic not wanting to play for them, a prospect in their system demanding a trade, and Luongo, who was drafted and traded by them. I would think NYI would be at the bottom of his list, or the top of his no-trade destination list, whichever way you want to look at it. lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Apparently not, because he has a no trade clause, and Gillis has recently stated that this is one of the factors that is complicating a deal.

We have a guy in the Czech Republic not wanting to play for them, a prospect in their system demanding a trade, and Luongo, who was drafted and traded by them. I would think NYI would be at the bottom of his list, or the top of his no-trade destination list, whichever way you want to look at it. lol.
    I think a lot of what Gillis says about the Luongo situation is smoke and mirrors. He knows that to trade Luongo he needs to get a significant return because if he gives Luongo up for peanuts and Crawford falls on his face he will need to make a quick exit stage left. Right now they are ok with splitting games similar to what St. louis does with Halak/Elliott. If Crawford gets hot and proves himself to be a good number 1 then Gillis is going to lose any leverage he has because no one wants a backup making that kind of dough.

Personally I think Luongo can afford to be picky because he is getting paid and by the end of his contract he will be retiring. What do you think he prefers to go to the Islanders where he will have almost no chance of winning a cup or splitting time in Vancouver where he has a shot at a cup......even if it is as a 1b/Backup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    I think a lot of what Gillis says about the Luongo situation is smoke and mirrors. He knows that to trade Luongo he needs to get a significant return because if he gives Luongo up for peanuts and Crawford falls on his face he will need to make a quick exit stage left. Right now they are ok with splitting games similar to what St. louis does with Halak/Elliott. If Crawford gets hot and proves himself to be a good number 1 then Gillis is going to lose any leverage he has because no one wants a backup making that kind of dough.

Personally I think Luongo can afford to be picky because he is getting paid and by the end of his contract he will be retiring. What do you think he prefers to go to the Islanders where he will have almost no chance of winning a cup or splitting time in Vancouver where he has a shot at a cup......even if it is as a 1b/Backup.
    He has more options than those two, that's the point. There are other teams talking to the Canucks than the Islanders as we know for a fact, since GMs have been fairly open about that fact. I don't think Luongo is going to waive his NT to play for a dysfunctional franchise. Yes, he would rather stay in Vancouver where the team plays well, he is treated incredibly well, he has tons of support, he has turned around the fanbase's opinion of him, and he has close friends, including Schneider, on the team. He is not going to leave a professional environment like that no matter how much the blathering media try to fan it into a controversy.

vCash
    I don't want to sound like a broken record here but Luo doesn't have many places to go, you can probably even scratch the Leafs off the list because people here are loving this "youth movement" and Scrivens and Reimer have played very well. Sooner or later Luo is going to want/demand to start and even to a team like the Leafs or Isles, he has the talent to make any team a playoff team. All he needs is a shot to do it and i don't think he will be given anymore in Vancouver.

vCash
    Crawford? Lol. Schneider in my opinion has shown he is a #1 goalie. 30 + games last year and look at the numbers. One bad game to start the year doesn't all of a sudden make him unproven again. The Canucks are slowly getting more comfortable with this. Of the young guns in Vancouver can step it up and help out offensively like last night, there is zero pressure to get the trade done. Honestly I think they push each other to play better anyways.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast