Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Buzzer Beater Senarios

I know it is "Melo's" team and all because he is the biggest legit scorer, but does this automatically mean he gets the nod to take the final shot in a buzzer beater scenario? I personally would like to see JR Smith take them, and that is not just because he has made two already this season, but because I think he is one of the better 'tough shot' shooters in the league. When someone is in his face and he has an awkward body position he seemingly shoots better than when he squares up and lets it fly... JR also can create space very well to get his shot off. I also think that if the shot isn't there JR would be more likely to pass to an open teammate than Melo...

That is just my opinion of course.

vCash
    JR Smith is one of the better tough shot makers in the NBA but not better than Melo. Best player takes the big shots when you need them and Melo has done very well with them throughout his career.

vCash
    JR is a great second option for the buzzer beater if Melo is being fronted and can't get a clean catch and face up.

Being a 'bad shot shooter' seems to benefit guys like JR when it comes to taking buzzer beaters because your forced into a tough contested stepback fadeaway - JR's favorite shot.

But I'm being serious, why do you think Jamal Crawford has been so good with his buzzer beaters his whole career?

vCash
    Melo used to be the best at this untill this year. He had a chance to win 2 games against BK with a buzzer beater and miss both of them. I agree with u. Coach should draw a play make melo the DECOY, and let Jr take the shot.

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    I have noticed that Melo has lost his clutch "gene" so far this year. I hate calling it that lmao.

Still, I hope he is saving it fr the post season.

vCash
    I think Melo almost always going to get the first look and it's really up to him to pass or not to another option if the shot is not there. I think MOST of us feel more comfortable with the ball in Melo's hands at first, after all he is our best scoring option.
    JR Smith had 0 game winning shots prior to this year.

vCash
    Last 2 seasons it seemed Melo would never miss when the game was on the line. I remember the first game against DEN last year, he was ice cold, pretty sure Gallo dropped 40 in the Garden, but Melo while at one of his worst points of the season still drills a ridiculous fadeaway to put it into OT. It seems even when hes on nowadays hes not hitting the biggest shots of the game. Something we got spoiled with the past 2 seasons. Even in a down year he was ice water late in games last year.

Outside of the two Nets games, he also had a chance to ice the Celtics and bricked a forced 3. Those were some of the biggest games of the year for us too.

vCash
    So people think Melo just isnt clutch anymore because he hasnt hit a game winner this season? Really????
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksPain View Post
    So people think Melo just isnt clutch anymore because he hasnt hit a game winner this season? Really????
    I don't think anyone is saying hes not clutch. Well at least I'm not. I still put the ball in his hands everytime with the game on the line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying hes not clutch. Well at least I'm not. I still put the ball in his hands everytime with the game on the line.
    Im just saying Im glad we have a legit second option on a game winner in Jr and lets not Forget Kidd if he is open, but like you said "I still put the ball in his hands everytime with the game on the line."
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking