Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I thought we were talking what ifs with your Palmer on SF's team post. Why so angry, chill. Me responding to a what if with another got me a "Maybe IF you knew wtf you were talking about"?

Also Palmer hasn't been a great QB for years, not just with us. There is a reason why the Bengals couldn't care less that he quit on the team while under contract, and IMPROVED without him.

who wouldn't improve with a guy like AJ Green?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Also Palmer hasn't been a great QB for years, not just with us. There is a reason why the Bengals couldn't care less that he quit on the team while under contract, and IMPROVED without him.
    Jesus, thank you. Sometimes it feels like "De Emperor, he be nekkid" around here.
    People throw out CP stats all day long, like he's really gonna be great when he
    just has the right team around him. He's already HAD the right team around
    him and he wasn't great. The Raiders bought a used-car QB and didn't believe
    the CARFAX, so they skrewed themselves. Everyone says, "He's the least
    of our problems". No he is not. The truth is, until you get him out of QB,
    YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED, no matter WHO you get on the field around him.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    People can say all they want about QB being the least of our problems, but if RM and DA are tearing this down and rebuilding, they want their guy, and with any rebuild it starts with it's QB. I'm not on the Alex Smith agreement, as I would like for RM and DA to find their guy through the draft. If it's this draft, I'm all for it. Alex Smith could be a great guy to bring in with our rookie QB though since this topic is about him. Maybe have them battle it out through the off-season like the Seahawks did. A contract shouldn't automatically make you the starter if this is the reason why we shouldn't move on from Palmer. He can sit then if it means RM finally found the guy he wants to take over his team.

vCash
    Carson had great years in Cincy on some very good teams, his game slipped after he blew out his knee. I have been following him a long, long time. He had games as a Raider in 2011 that reminded me of his prime in Cincy. He played well last year, all things considered. He does need to take better care of the football, but be that as it may, he has thrown 189 career TD's to 130 career interceptions. Those that claim the Raiders cannot succeed with him simply don't like him, and never will.

vCash
    We need to spend our money where it is most beneficial. The QB is not that position this year.
    D backs are more important.

vCash
    We can all assume that CP3 needs to go?? Not all assumes that.

We don't need Alex Smith! He has one good season in his career and now like when a back up has one good game we want to sign him so he can be the next Petyon Manning.

Come on people!

vCash
    Alex Smith is awful IMO. He was Ok for a season and a half under Harbaugh but that's about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carson had great years in Cincy on some very good teams, his game slipped after he blew out his knee. I have been following him a long, long time. He had games as a Raider in 2011 that reminded me of his prime in Cincy. He played well last year, all things considered. He does need to take better care of the football, but be that as it may, he has thrown 189 career TD's to 130 career interceptions. Those that claim the Raiders cannot succeed with him simply don't like him, and never will.
    this ^^^

vCash
    You make great points, but I guess it is what our expectations are for him in the last 2-4 years of his career. In my opinion, you could if available get a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick or Alex Smith who could probably bridge the gap so-to-speak at a smaller price point until DA and RM find or draft the QB they want for the future. That is all Palmer is, he obviously is not the future, but is a gap filler until they are able to get their guy. We have LOTS of holes to fill and are several players away from a roster that has quality depth. Lets spread Palmer's value throughout the roster and not tie it up for 2-3 years with a guy who won't be around for the future.

vCash
    He seems to be a team guy, type a player that wouldn't resist a renegotiation of his contract for the betterment of the team. 2013 is a big year for Carson, make or break. He could be the answer for the next 4 years or he could be out of the NFL in 2014. Its all up to him taking care of the ball.

vCash
    He seems to be a team guy, type a player that wouldn't resist a renegotiation of his contract for the betterment of the team. 2013 is a big year for Carson, make or break. He could be the answer for the next 4 years or he could be out of the NFL in 2014. Its all up to him taking care of the ball.
    I agree, I definitely think he will restructure as well, but down to what number will be the interesting part. Like I have said in other threads both old and new, I would lay it out with Palmer that part of him staying on this roster is guiding and teaching the future QB of this team at a reasonable price point.

You cooperate and give this team and future QB all you have and you will be the starter with the chances of bonuses if you make the playoffs, Pro Bowl, etc. Don't follow our plans and we look at other options.

vCash
    I would like to see Carson play one full season under a competent offensive coordinator in Oakland. Pryor is still raw, so it wouldn't hurt him to sit another season.

vCash
    Palmer is a stop gap and an expensive one at that. The problem is we do not know if we have any qb waiting to replace palmer in the near future. Sure Pryor might be good in the long run but we cannot tell that based on the one game he has played as a pro.

We go into the season with Palmer as the lame duck QB and Pryor as the #2. If RM and DA see a potential stud in the senior bowl and the combine then we take a late round QB or wait until next season when the good prospects come out and take a early round QB.

I say let the season play out and roll with Pryor and Palmer. Sign a cheap #3 to help hold the playbook and teach Pryor.

Pryor will get his shot at some point next season, if he sucks up the place we target the future signal caller in the first next year and build the trenches this season through draft and free agency.

vCash
    I am not married to Carson Palmer, but I'll take him 10/10 opposed to Alex Smith.

vCash
    Palmer is for sure one thing. He is way better option then smith. I mean you bring smith on this team and we will be in serious trouble. We dont have the pieces the niners had to make smith look decent. We gave up way to much for palmer tho. We shouldnt have thrown away important draft picks for him in the first place. It is what it is at this point tho so that doesnt matter. Carson now is a fill in guy while we build this team the right way. We dont need to go out and get a veteran QB in FA because thats not whats right for the future. Let palmer play out his contract cause were stuck with him. let him fill in until we get our young future guy in the draft next year or i guess maybe even this year. THese QB arguements are pointless when this team has way to many fundamental issues.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast