Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Oakland & Alex Smith?

I think we can all assume that Palmer needs to go and that Pryor may or may not be an answer, right now. At the very least Pryor should not be rushed. Look at what Aaron Rodgers did with time on the bench. So why not make a move for Alex Smith? His time is up in SF.

vCash
    He's on the bench for a reason. He's nothing more then a back up. If the Raiders choose to dump CP3 I sure hope it ain't for Alex Smith. Is there any way Carson can still restructure? Im sure he would if he can, he's a professional unlike Alex!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JTR8dr85 View Post
    He's on the bench for a reason. He's nothing more then a back up. If the Raiders choose to dump CP3 I sure hope it ain't for Alex Smith. Is there any way Carson can still restructure? Im sure he would if he can, he's a professional unlike Alex!
    Why isn't Alex Smith a professional? I don't see him as being such an outlandish suggestion.

-Stork

vCash
    I would not call it outlandish. I however personally have never been impressed by anything Alex Smith has done. I can agree the Palmer will be out of Oakland when this team starts to make a playoff push, however that is still a couple years away. It really comes down to supply and demand. If other teams want to make a play for him or DMC or any of our players that we can all agree with be gone soon, then it will happen but if the price isnt right they will stay here till the contracts are gone.

vCash
    Can we please end these nonsense posts??

For the 8 billionth time....

If Palmer is cut, we owe him 17 MILLION DOLLARS.
    If he stays we owe him 13 MILLION DOLLARS.

PALMER IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

This is not Madden. Its a business. You don't just PAY someone 17 million dollars to work somewhere else. It DOESNT happen.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon View Post
    I think we can all assume that Palmer needs to go and that Pryor may or may not be an answer, right now. At the very least Pryor should not be rushed. Look at what Aaron Rodgers did with time on the bench. So why not make a move for Alex Smith? His time is up in SF.
    No we can't ALL assume. Theres about 6 people here that assume that. Everyone else is a realist. Carson Palmer is >>>> Alex Smith AND Pryor RIGHT NOW.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon View Post

I have never assumed Palmer needs to go and Pryor is far from the answer. Alex Smith is not the answer either ,the Raiders will drafty a QB before the take on another veteran,we don't even have an established offense or identity,this year we will show the NFL who we want to be and we'll go from there. I do see us possibly drafting a QB the following year if Pryor doesn't show signifigant progress..

vCash
    Nope.

This is the same sort of thinking that kept this team falling back into the basement.

When they replace Palmer, they need to make that an improvement in the position, not swap him out for more damaged goods.
    PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW COACH OF YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS.....

vCash
    Alex Smith was removed from his starting role in SF because of the lack of his play MAKING ability. The one thing he did well in SF was protect the ball, but they had a dominant defense to back up his poor play. I can't tell you how many times that defense has pulled his *** out of a bad drive. IMO Carson is better than Alex Smith can and will ever be in this league. With Palmer's cap the way it is, I doubt he goes anywhere. I am biding my time waiting on Pryor. We don't have the D (yet) that SF has. Alex Smith is not our answer.

vCash
    We are "stuck" with Carson Palmer, Due to salary cap issues. There is now way he will be cut or traded...His cap number is too big. His cap number is over $16 million dollars. Cutting Palmer would destroy what little cap space we have. So no matter what QB is available in 2013 he ain't comin to Oakland. So Greg Olson has gotta make this work with Palmer.

vCash
    If we are going after a QB it must be an improvement, this would not be......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFa8thful View Post
    Alex Smith was removed from his starting role in SF because of the lack of his play MAKING ability. The one thing he did well in SF was protect the ball, but they had a dominant defense to back up his poor play. I can't tell you how many times that defense has pulled his *** out of a bad drive. IMO Carson is better than Alex Smith can and will ever be in this league. With Palmer's cap the way it is, I doubt he goes anywhere. I am biding my time waiting on Pryor. We don't have the D (yet) that SF has. Alex Smith is not our answer.
    I agree with Hawiistyle, Crazyru & you...nuff said!
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Palmer > A. Smith
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyru View Post
    Can we please end these nonsense posts??

For the 8 billionth time....

If Palmer is cut, we owe him 17 MILLION DOLLARS.
    If he stays we owe him 13 MILLION DOLLARS.

PALMER IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

This is not Madden. Its a business. You don't just PAY someone 17 million dollars to work somewhere else. It DOESNT happen.
    Amen. Now let's close this thread. Palmer is our guy going forward, unless some ridiculous miracle happens involving a trade of some kind.

As for Alex Smith, he's going to the Jets or Cardinals. Or he's going to stay in SF and carry a clipboard for their up and coming dynasty. He's already made his money, he might as well collect rings and run for office when his career ends. He'll retire one of the most popular guys in the Bay Area no matter what.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Smith to the raiders no thanks. Jason Campbell 2.0 and raiders don't need 49ers left overs.

RAIDER NATION

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast