Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerSemper View Post
    Kobe thought that by D'A coming in he could take as many shots as he wanted without the coach getting upset. Well he got his wish and it's not working for him and his star has lost some luster. He's saying it ain't working and he's part of the problem that started this mess, this snowball, and now nothing seems to be able to stop it.
    How is Kobe responsible for this? He has been saying lets get the ball in the low post from day 1. D'antoni starts to do it and then just reverts back to trying to run and gun.

vCash
    Kobe thought that by D'A coming in he could take as many shots as he wanted without the coach getting upset. Well he got his wish and it's not working for him and his star has lost some luster. He's saying it ain't working and he's part of the problem that started this mess, this snowball, and now nothing seems to be able to stop it.
    this is laughable.
    "Tittays"

vCash
    "Listen, no one is more critical of their game, of how they're playing, than I am. And right now, I've got to shoot at a higher percentage, have to play better. But most important, I have to focus on my defense, our team defense. If I show a commitment there, like I did vs the Bucks, the rest will fall in place. Will my offense game struggle? Will I have to play a few less minutes to save my legs? Sure, but it's what the team needs and it's what I'm willing to do. If we figure out our defense...our offense will come around. "
    Am I the only one that REALLY REALLY wanted Kobe to say something along the lines of the quote above. Our #1 priority has to be defense, and Kobe needs to recognize that. All his quotes are about offense and shooting. Who gives a **** about that when you can't stop the other team. Every game we have won has been a result of Kobe playing and leading on the DEFENSIVE end. We need a leader on that end!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bren2237 View Post
    Am I the only one that REALLY REALLY wanted Kobe to say something along the lines of the quote above. Our #1 priority has to be defense, and Kobe needs to recognize that. All his quotes are about offense and shooting. Who gives a **** about that when you can't stop the other team. Every game we have won has been a result of Kobe playing and leading on the DEFENSIVE end. We need a leader on that end!!!
    Unfortunately kobe sucks too much to do it on his own. Trade gasol and Nash for an elite pg
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    Basically the offense will lead to better defense, This is a subtle knock on the D'Antoni offense. The run and gun is not working. We need to slow it down work the ball through our bigs and allow him to post more. Too many 3's and we are too slow to get back in transition and also too slow to make the rotations in the half court. And since D'Antoni doesn't stress defense in the first place. Then you have this! Countdown to Death Stare....1 week
    I think last night, in the postgame interviews, I saw a death stare or two, but directed into empty space after a couple of questions... so the laser-vision did not burn a hole in the coach's soul this time. Pretty soon, we may witness the firepower of another armed and fully operational Death Stare.

I think it takes a few days to power up.

vCash
    i love kobe but this is something he should have said before they hire Mike No-D, they should have look for a coach that fit the talent and not try to make the talent fit the coach.
    Phil is making Jim Buss look really stupid, the best thing LAL can do is get Brian Shaw in for cheap, allow him to implement Phil Jackson System, and bring Phil in to play the overseer Pat role like in Miami.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Your blind Kobe hate damages your credibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    i love kobe but this is something he should have said before they hire Mike No-D, they should have look for a coach that fit the talent and not try to make the talent fit the coach.
    Phil is making Jim Buss look really stupid, the best thing LAL can do is get Brian Shaw in for cheap, allow him to implement Phil Jackson System, and bring Phil in to play the overseer Pat role like in Miami.
    I think everyone thought d'antoni would make adjustments based on the roster. He had to too management that's what would happen and then just refused to do it. I don't think anyone thought after his style clearly failed and the only success we have had is playing inside-out, that d'antoni would not adapt. I mean it's absurd that he doesn't make the simple adjustments.

vCash
    he's right.

it is an absolute joke that Nash and Howard don't run pick and roll all game. nash is the best pick and roll PG, and Howard is the best pick and roll C in the league. Howard should be playing an Amareesque PF roll man, which would allow Gasol to play on the box. Kobe would be the wing who the ball gets kicked to if the roll doesn't get broken down. so simple yet we don't do it, ever. howard sucks off the box, get him in to some pick and roll- something he is great at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    more like renders his posts useless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    well, excuse me, Mr Objective. Kobe's talented, but not very smart. Until he starts thinking on the court, our team will suffer. I refuse to buy into the NBA's fan manipulation & enshrinement of these "stars"

vCash
    then don't watch.
    "Tittays"

vCash
    Yup, they really need to get back to the basics. It starts with a T and ends with a riangle. Lakers are 2nd in the leage in pace. W......T......F!!!! This old slow *** Laker team is 2nd in pace is ****ing absurd. That's more possessions, more running up and down the court and just more wearing out our players who already have enough miles as it is.

vCash
    KOBE hasnt been shooting the ball that good lately. has taken many bad shots
    last 3 games all loses 25 FGM/79 FGA

vCash
    **** Dwight. He can't even call himself Clark Kent never the less superman right now

Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
    Just went through every LA off possession on Synergy. Dwight had 17 touches, 2 other attempts to get him ball were TO's. 11 touches..

Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
    ..ended in something negative, not including missed FT possessions. He said "look at the stat sheet" I did. He's delusional.

Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
    He also had 5 fouls, couldn't set screens last night. It's not that he had a bad game, it's that he takes 0 responsibility for his poor play
    Dwight has been regressing in the post the last two years. In the 2010-11 season, Dwight was scoring 0.93 points per post possession, making 50.6 percent of his shots in the post, and turning the ball over 14.5 percent of the time. Last season as Dwight battled injuries and trade rumors he initiated, those numbers slipped to 0.88 PPP and 49.9 percent, while his turnover rate of improved to 13.6 percent.

This season? Dwight is scoring just 0.78 points per possession in the post, making 48.2 percent of his shots, and turning the ball over an astounding 19.7 percent of the time. One out of every five times you throw the ball into the post with Dwight, he’s turning it over. That can’t be a heavy part of your offense. Kobe probably knows that but begrudgingly still attempts to feed him. This is why the quality of the post possessions you give Dwight is so important.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast