Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: kaepernick

vCash
    I am still pizzed off that we didn't draft this guy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    You can't be further from the truth. I have watched Pryor his entire career. Pryor's ability to scramble and make time, avoid sacks, and make plays is his thing. Not the most accurate but good enough. People get him mixed up with running QB's like RG3 or Kaep (running qb). He is like Cam and Wilson (qb's that can run). Also one of his best qualities is that when he scrambles, he has the ability not to take the big hit. Go to youtube and bring up a highlight film. What you will find is a qb that gets flushed out of the pocket where most qbs throw it out of bounds, get sacked, or run for a small gain. Pryor buys time to hit an open reciever or runs for 20 plus and frustrates the defense cause they can't make a hit on him. AGAIN, huge difference between running qb's and qb's that can run. (Pryor is more compared to Cunningham)
    1. TP should never be compared to a great QB like Cunningham. I would compare him to Akili Smith.

2. I keep hearing about how great of a leader and a player that cam newton is. The most games he has won was 7. Last year I think they won 5 games. They have 2 good rbs, a good o line, 2 good WRs and a solid front seven on defense. He is not that good. Along with being immature and not very smart. And he is no Cam Newton. At least Cam is accurate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    1. TP should never be compared to a great QB like Cunningham. I would compare him to Akili Smith.

2. I keep hearing about how great of a leader and a player that cam newton is. The most games he has won was 7. Last year I think they won 5 games. They have 2 good rbs, a good o line, 2 good WRs and a solid front seven on defense. He is not that good. Along with being immature and not very smart. And he is no Cam Newton. At least Cam is accurate.
    1. I don't think he is anything like Akili Smith, we really don't know what the kid is capable of yet so camparisons to past players will change
    2. Scam Newton is NOT a good leader. He is a self centered whiner with talent.

vCash
    Pryor is an athlete playing quarterback not a quarterback that happens to be athletic. His whole career he simply was bigger or faster than most of the guys chasing him. His footwork is terrible and throwing the ball with both feet off the ground comes into play as well. He doesn't have the throwing abilities of Newton, Wilson, Griifin or Kaepernick at the moment. Sure he can throw on the run and make plays with his feet but when it comes to setting his feet and gunning one out of the pocket he hasn't shown that. I like the thought of the guy that can make a play with his feet but i still think he is a few years away from being more than that.
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

vCash
    Well, for now the read option is all the rage.

I think there's some that think it's a fad that will pass once defenses adjust.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    I think a read option can always work maybe not as much now but there should always be a place for it

vCash
    Your right Pryor has not shown anything to make comparisons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post

I'm not comparing how good Pryor is. I was simply comparing Pryor to Conningham's style of play. A qb that can avoid sacks and frustrate a defense by running, throwing on the run, while still being a pocket passer. How good Pryor will be....... nobody can say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    Pryor is an athlete playing quarterback not a quarterback that happens to be athletic. His whole career he simply was bigger or faster than most of the guys chasing him. His footwork is terrible and throwing the ball with both feet off the ground comes into play as well. He doesn't have the throwing abilities of Newton, Wilson, Griifin or Kaepernick at the moment. Sure he can throw on the run and make plays with his feet but when it comes to setting his feet and gunning one out of the pocket he hasn't shown that. I like the thought of the guy that can make a play with his feet but i still think he is a few years away from being more than that.
    Yea sounds about right, supposidely he's a gym rat so hopefully he'll shock us all and show signs sooner rather than later. Im really pulling for TP since he was Al's last pick and it would also save us from having to waste a pick in this year or possibly even next years draft...
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Pryor is a false prophet and a lot of People on here just like him because they are impatient and don't like the idea of waiting for a better QB. The 49ers stuck it out with Alex smith for almost 8 years before making a switch. Yea they grabbed who they could cheap to compete with him while disguising the fact they were loading the rest of field with prime talent waiting for their chance to compete

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234