Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: kaepernick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_raiders_KERS View Post
    i hope kaepernicks success changes the way some of you look at pryors future.. ALL THREE PLAYS scored by the niners, against the falcons, where on option plays.. thats what you get when you play against mobile QBs.. its a gameplan nightmare for opposing teams. now imagine the raiders with a better oline + mcfadden + reece + pryor.
    I like Pryor but a mobile QB has never won a Superbowl. He's a great band aide until we get a franchise QB. We may even be a playoff team with Pryor at the helm. McFadden is not a starting RB. We need a big bruising back. Ronnie Wingo is a draft steal. He's 6'3'' 231 and runs a 4.4 He plays at Arkansas so he splits time with 2 other backs, which is going to drop his stock. Reece stepped up when needed. He's a keeper. I would trade McFadden while we still can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I disagree heartily with that. Got an example?

-Stork
    The only one I could come up with is Alex Smith

I also think you can't judge a QB based on 1 game and 1 preseason game either

vCash
    Pryor would look great in San Fransisco too. Any QB in the NFL would. They are a world class caliber organization with talent pouring out of it and solid coaching. I do not feel like the option is the answer. This entire "pistol" offense reminds me of when Miami was so successful running the wild cat and introducing that new look to the NFL.

Everyone would scream and shout "we have to run the wildcat!". However it lasted about a year and then other teams game planned for it and it was obsolete. I see the same thing happening with this. The best you can hope for from one of these "mobile" QB's is a Mike Vick or Randall Cunningham. Both of which have and will never win a superbowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DatFatCat View Post
    The only one I could come up with is Alex Smith

I also think you can't judge a QB based on 1 game and 1 preseason game either
    Undeniably correct. And frankly, a QB couldn't have looked worse than Alex Smith did in his first year.

Maybe it was the BS he pulled in college, and maybe its just the fact that he's another in a long line of Al draft picks based soley on measurables....but something about Pryor bothers me. And without question, his lack of accuracy and his decision making have something to do with it. I'd be shocked if he managed to become even an average NFL QB. We can, and need to, do far better.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Pryor would look great in San Fransisco too. Any QB in the NFL would. They are a world class caliber organization with talent pouring out of it and solid coaching. I do not feel like the option is the answer. This entire "pistol" offense reminds me of when Miami was so successful running the wild cat and introducing that new look to the NFL.

Everyone would scream and shout "we have to run the wildcat!". However it lasted about a year and then other teams game planned for it and it was obsolete. I see the same thing happening with this. The best you can hope for from one of these "mobile" QB's is a Mike Vick or Randall Cunningham. Both of which have and will never win a superbowl.
    To further your point, Randall had his best season ever when he stayed in the pocket, let Robert Smith run and just threw it up to Moss 10x a game. I don't remember Randall running at all that year.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    you can't be further from the truth. I have watched pryor his entire career. Pryor's ability to scramble and make time, avoid sacks, and make plays is his thing. Not the most accurate but good enough. People get him mixed up with running qb's like rg3 or kaep (running qb). He is like cam and wilson (qb's that can run). Also one of his best qualities is that when he scrambles, he has the ability not to take the big hit. Go to youtube and bring up a highlight film. What you will find is a qb that gets flushed out of the pocket where most qbs throw it out of bounds, get sacked, or run for a small gain. Pryor buys time to hit an open reciever or runs for 20 plus and frustrates the defense cause they can't make a hit on him. Again, huge difference between running qb's and qb's that can run. (pryor is more compared to cunningham)
    w-t-f

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Actually, you can teach a QB accuracy.
    Never heard of that bro, Ive played sports my entire life. You can teach technic, which may lead to being more accurate..but not accuracy. Its really hard to change thing about guys at this age.. Old habbits are hard to break

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_raiders_KERS View Post
    i hope kaepernicks success changes the way some of you look at pryors future.. ALL THREE PLAYS scored by the niners, against the falcons, where on option plays.. thats what you get when you play against mobile QBs.. its a gameplan nightmare for opposing teams. now imagine the raiders with a better oline + mcfadden + reece + pryor.
    Plus a much improved defense, special teams & play calling...
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    The most important thing to me in a QB is accuracy. Also how accurate is he throwing deep. I don't need a Qb throwing 70 yards but can't do ****. Ill take one that can throw 60 but still have excellent touch on the ball. Pryor won't be that guy. I don't see how anyone can see Pryor being the starting quarterback well into his late 30s.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon View Post
    I like Pryor but a mobile QB has never won a Superbowl. He's a great band aide until we get a franchise QB. We may even be a playoff team with Pryor at the helm. McFadden is not a starting RB. We need a big bruising back. Ronnie Wingo is a draft steal. He's 6'3'' 231 and runs a 4.4 He plays at Arkansas so he splits time with 2 other backs, which is going to drop his stock. Reece stepped up when needed. He's a keeper. I would trade McFadden while we still can.
    Steve Young was mobile, maybe not super fast but he was mobile. And won a super bowl. Kaepernicks in the SB, he's mobile.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Kapernick is so overrated.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Accuracy can definitely be taught...every qb in the nfl is proof enough....brady brees manninh arent more accurate than they were as rookies?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Well it seems to me that Steve Young is just another human being with an opinion. But I would like to hear his reasoning.

Have you ever played football? High School, maybe? If you were ever near the QB's, you'd know that a good coach CAN teach a QB how to throw the ball more accurately.
    Well, I stated what a HoF QB stated.....one who was the most accurate %-wise, plus highest QB rating in NFL history....so his opinion >>>>>>>>than any of us on PSD.

Look, a QB can be 18-20 for 95 yds by employing bubble screens, WR screens, two yard comebacks, etc. But you can't make a 50% accurate QB into a 65-70% QB.......now, you can teach them to throw to the back shoulder, and to throw it to a certain place, to an extent, but you can't teach them to throw a 30 yard pass that is to fit into a 5 inch window, like the elite QB's can. Some things, such as God-given abilities, just can't be taught.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Of course you can teach a QB to throw the ball where only the WR can make the catch. Only few things in football you cant teach. One of them is arm strenght, speed, leg strenght and maybe instinct to make plays.

examples. You cant teach Tebow to throw the ball farther than 30 yards. You cant teach some kicker to kick 60+ yard field goals. You cant teach Chris Johnson speed and you cant teach players to play the MLB like Lewis or FS poistion like Reed in his younger days where they make plays.
    lmfao@ the reason why this was edidted.. hahahhaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Kapernick is so overrated.
    Then what is your boy McFadden?

Yall let me slip?!?!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast