Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Why didn't AV announce who would start Wed's game?

If Cory truly is our #1 goaltender, why didn't AV announce him as the starter? Did Cory's reign as the #1 goaltender really only last for 25 minutes?

The Canucks are creating their own goalie controversy.

P.S. I got this topic idea from the team1040 post game show after the Edmonton game. Blake Price brought it up.
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 01-22-2013 at 01:20 AM.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I thought they should have gone back to Cory for the Edmonton game. If they are truly wanting Cory to be the #1 then Luongo did his job as the backup against Anaheim, take over when the #1 is having an off night, and then back to Cory for the next game. Although with the latest rumors about a possible deal in place for Luongo something may happen before the game against Calgary.

vCash
    You guys are fine. Cory is a great goalie, he's just rusty. Your D didn't do him any favours but i doubt his struggles continue.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1rty D4ve View Post
    I thought they should have gone back to Cory for the Edmonton game. If they are truly wanting Cory to be the #1 then Luongo did his job as the backup against Anaheim, take over when the #1 is having an off night, and then back to Cory for the next game. Although with the latest rumors about a possible deal in place for Luongo something may happen before the game against Calgary.
    AV always has his goalies split back to back so he was just going with his plan. Didn't read too much into Luongo starting on Sunday considering that's what AV said would happen.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    You guys are fine. Cory is a great goalie, he's just rusty. Your D didn't do him any favours but i doubt his struggles continue.
    Didn't say we weren't fine. just odd that AV didn't announce the starter.

Cory was named starter today, and if that was the plan all along, why not announce it SundaY?

#3in5

<3

vCash
    I have never understood why we feel we should know who the starter will be. Coaches like to keep this close to their chest, trying to leverage whatever advantage they can out of it before a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Didn't say we weren't fine. just odd that AV didn't announce the starter.

Cory was named starter today, and if that was the plan all along, why not announce it SundaY?
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I have never understood why we feel we should know who the starter will be. Coaches like to keep this close to their chest, trying to leverage whatever advantage they can out of it before a game.
    Exactly, Carlyle did the same here with Scrivens and Reimer. he kept it quiet because he didn't want the media to overwhelm the young goalies (you know how it is here) and i bet AV has even more of a reason to do that there with this "goalie controversy" as it's called. Two capable tenders isn't really a controversy lol but they keep calling it that.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Exactly, Carlyle did the same here with Scrivens and Reimer. he kept it quiet because he didn't want the media to overwhelm the young goalies (you know how it is here) and i bet AV has even more of a reason to do that there with this "goalie controversy" as it's called. Two capable tenders isn't really a controversy lol but they keep calling it that.
    Not announcing who the goalie is fuels the controversy, IMO.

#3in5

<3

vCash
    ^^ I honestly don't see that.

IMO the media fuels the "controversy". If we buy into it we're accessories after the fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    ^^ I honestly don't see that.

IMO the media fuels the "controversy". If we buy into it we're accessories after the fact.
    of course the media fuels the controversy. AV not announcing it feeds into what the media wants. They want an excuse to call this a controversy.

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    of course the media fuels the controversy. AV not announcing it feeds into what the media wants. They want an excuse to call this a controversy.
    If we don't respond the media will realize how silly their attempts are. If we respond we feed them.