Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    At what point in the fight? Because Rampage clearly was running out of gas as the fight when on and alot of those later punches had far less juice on them than normal.
    I can not remember for sure. Some were in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. They just did not look like the Rampage punches from the past. I'm sure he gassed at times. He let some easy take downs happen that he would not have in the past. Maybe some of the early blows he took did too much damage. He did seem off balance a bit through out the fight but I think he seemed a little off balance even early before he took punishment. They say the power is the last thing to go but in Rampages case I think his power may have diminished while his chin remained pretty strong. I just looked and saw his last KO was in 2008.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Well something else to keep in mind is that as recently has his previous fight he was said to be using Testosterone.

vCash
    Rampage was laughable. I figured he would get KTFO, but I'm glad he lost and hope he's out the door. Guy just doesn't take training serious enough (though he looked in good shape this time around).

Happy for Anthony Pettis. That's my guy and I've been watching him since WEC like some others. He's a very fun guy to watch and I would kill for a rematch against Hendo - Hendo must be dying for it.

Dodson and Mighty Mouse..What else can I say, the Flyweight is just so damn fast. Really exciting.

Nice finish by Bader. Good win to get him on track but he needs to be fighting guys a lot younger if he's expecting to get back in any type of talks for title fights

vCash
    I don't get the over-excitement with Anthony Pettis. I mean he's really good, but to go on and say he's the best LW in the world right now is way too much. He dropped Cerrone, a guy who stands straight up and tries to bang with anyone, with no regard to gameplaning or anything of that kind.

As it was said earlier, I'd like to see him go up against another wrestler before he gets a title shot, cause he looked terrible against Clay Guida and that just tells me that this new and improved version of Bendo would just run through him.

vCash
    would people take Pettis over Maynard?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    would people take Pettis over Maynard?
    I wouldn't IF Maynard used his wrestling in that fight. But he's been known to fall in love with striking, so it depends on which Maynard shows up. He is underrated though, and not being mentioned enough although he's clearly a top 5 LW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuya View Post
    I wouldn't IF Maynard used his wrestling in that fight. But he's been known to fall in love with striking, so it depends on which Maynard shows up. He is underrated though, and not being mentioned enough although he's clearly a top 5 LW.
    As we know matchups make fights. I like Pettis chances better against Bendo than a guy like Maynard although very slightly I think Pettis can beat Maynard.

vCash
    i agree he's underrated but pettis is too skilled on the feet for maynard.

vCash
    I don't get the over-excitement with Anthony Pettis. I mean he's really good, but to go on and say he's the best LW in the world right now is way too much. He dropped Cerrone, a guy who stands straight up and tries to bang with anyone, with no regard to gameplaning or anything of that kind.

As it was said earlier, I'd like to see him go up against another wrestler before he gets a title shot, cause he looked terrible against Clay Guida and that just tells me that this new and improved version of Bendo would just run through him.
    No he didn't. Pettis big mistake was being too comfortable on bottom. That's what happens when you have an active guard, you think you can get the sub because your opponent is on the defensive, but in the meantime, the guy on top gets all the credit only because he's on top and it's landing "shoulder strikes."

The same thing happen in the Hioki fight. Guida was on the defensive the whole time, all he did was pin down Hioki and that was enough to win the fight.

By the way, in the first Bendo fight, Bendo was 3/10 in TD attempts. So getting Pettis down isn't so easy...
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    No he didn't. Pettis big mistake was being too comfortable on bottom. That's what happens when you have an active guard, you think you can get the sub because your opponent is on the defensive, but in the meantime, the guy on top gets all the credit only because he's on top and it's landing "shoulder strikes."

The same thing happen in the Hioki fight. Guida was on the defensive the whole time, all he did was pin down Hioki and that was enough to win the fight.

By the way, in the first Bendo fight, Bendo was 3/10 in TD attempts. So getting Pettis down isn't so easy...
    I think Pettis himself would agree that that was his worst fight by far, and being on his back the entire fight probably wasn't really where he wanted to be, being that he's a great striker primarily...

I can see you're his fan but come on, you can't say that you were pleased with that fight?

Also, Bendo has improved A LOT since their last fight, and he has fought more than Pettis did, and had tougher opponents, so I don't think it's gonna be the same fight as the first one.

And I'm not really a fan of either of those guys, just sharing my view.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    i agree he's underrated but pettis is too skilled on the feet for maynard.
    I never said he isn't too skilled for him, I agree with you. I said if Maynard used his wrestling that would be a problem for Pettis, on the feet - Gray probably ends up like Cerrone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    anyone else think they should put some type of padding on elbows? where they can still be used as a weapon but it wont be sharp.
    Pads would cause more cuts than bare elbows. A lot of the vicious elbow cuts aren't from anything sharp at all, but instead a focused surface area sheering/tearing the skin apart or repeated pressure to an already growing hematoma.

A 'sharp' elbow is the ability of a fighter to repeatedly land precise strikes with the exact same 'point' of his elbow.

(I loved my Thai boxing classes)
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 01-28-2013 at 02:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    Pads would cause more cuts than bare elbows. A lot of the vicious elbow cuts aren't from anything sharp at all, but instead a focused surface area sheering/tearing the skin apart or repeated pressure to an already growing hematoma.

A 'sharp' elbow is the ability of a fighter to repeatedly land precise strikes with the exact same 'point' of his elbow.

(I loved my Thai boxing classes)
    an elbow isnt pointy? most cuts happen because of elbows. i dont understand how you think having some padding on there would create more cuts. so in that logic having no gloves would mean less cuts right? im pretty sure there would be a lot more blood if it was bare knuckles.

vCash
    I think Pettis himself would agree that that was his worst fight by far, and being on his back the entire fight probably wasn't really where he wanted to be, being that he's a great striker primarily...

I can see you're his fan but come on, you can't say that you were pleased with that fight?

Also, Bendo has improved A LOT since their last fight, and he has fought more than Pettis did, and had tougher opponents, so I don't think it's gonna be the same fight as the first one.

And I'm not really a fan of either of those guys, just sharing my view.
    Yeah, that was by far his worst fight and on his worst fight, he still should've won. The problem with that fight and Pettis has said as much, he was way too comfortable on the ground. And how can you blame him? He was the one that had Guida in trouble, he was was the one that was looking to finish the fight. While Guida was doing what exactly? Landing shoulder strikes?

In a rematch, I think we would see a different strategy from Pettis, but more importantly, a different result.
    -----

vCash
    He would probably finish LAY Guida in a rematch.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast