Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Just got back from the event. It was an entertaining time, but I cannot stand the drunken idiots - people who spent the whole even booing until someone tapped, got KTFO, and then it was all high fives and "dude did you just see that?" Thankfully most of those people finally left in the second round of the Rampage affair.

The weigh-ins were awesome - just about anyone that wanted to meet Bones and ask him a question got a chance to, including similar asshats who, while holding out a pair of UFC brand gloves for an autograph from Bones, asked him "when Chael knocks you out in the first round, who do you think will be your next opponent?" (Bones' could not believe them, looked at them and said "are you serious - that's what you've got," laughed, and walked by)

Lots of UFC/ex-SF talent was around willing to hang out with the crowd and the UFC really did a better job than they do in Vegas at getting fans and talent together. Maybe it was just the venue or the old-hat nature of events in Vegas, but the UFC has really improved in this regard since I was last in Vegas for an event.

Johnson and Dodson are truly small guys - like really small. I had to chuckle when, prior to their match starting someone shouting out "is it those two versus McCarthy?!"

I could not believe that Bader's choke had enough angle to secure the win. From what I could see, it didn't even look like he was under Matyushenko's chin - but it was certainly effective. I initially thought he caused a neck injury of some sort.

Pettis was a riot at the weigh-ins and second only to Dodson in terms of charisma.

Loved the liver kick. I could almost hear Bas shouting "bada-bing - LIVER SHOT!" Lamas' finish was so brutal they only showed the replay in-house once. Grants elbows were crazy.

vCash
    everyone knows pettis is my guy i was loving that he shut cowboy out exsp. after calling him out after he had surgery n saying dude was ducking him!!! id love to see pettis vs hendo 2 the first one was a straight up war! hoping when it happens henderson is the heavy fav so i can make some money on pettis

vCash
    I really enjoyed the event. I'm easy to please though.

Watching that cut on Koch opening up in slow motion was pretty cool. I know how it feels to get a huge gash on your face with one strike. It's a scary feeling when you can feel yourself losing that much blood at once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    Just got back from the event. It was an entertaining time, but I cannot stand the drunken idiots - people who spent the whole even booing until someone tapped, got KTFO, and then it was all high fives and "dude did you just see that?" Thankfully most of those people finally left in the second round of the Rampage affair.

The weigh-ins were awesome - just about anyone that wanted to meet Bones and ask him a question got a chance to, including similar asshats who, while holding out a pair of UFC brand gloves for an autograph from Bones, asked him "when Chael knocks you out in the first round, who do you think will be your next opponent?" (Bones' could not believe them, looked at them and said "are you serious - that's what you've got," laughed, and walked by)

Lots of UFC/ex-SF talent was around willing to hang out with the crowd and the UFC really did a better job than they do in Vegas at getting fans and talent together. Maybe it was just the venue or the old-hat nature of events in Vegas, but the UFC has really improved in this regard since I was last in Vegas for an event.

Johnson and Dodson are truly small guys - like really small. I had to chuckle when, prior to their match starting someone shouting out "is it those two versus McCarthy?!"

I could not believe that Bader's choke had enough angle to secure the win. From what I could see, it didn't even look like he was under Matyushenko's chin - but it was certainly effective. I initially thought he caused a neck injury of some sort.

Pettis was a riot at the weigh-ins and second only to Dodson in terms of charisma.

Loved the liver kick. I could almost hear Bas shouting "bada-bing - LIVER SHOT!" Lamas' finish was so brutal they only showed the replay in-house once. Grants elbows were crazy.
    It was the same in Seattle back in December.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Dodson just seemed to be a bit too happy to be there. It is good that he is having fun but I almost feel like he cheated himself by not going for the knockout and taking the fight more seriously. Somebody in his corner should have let him know some guys never get a second title shot. Go for it right now.

vCash
    Anthony Pettis looked great. I had not seen him fight much outside of "the kick heard round the world". Who do you guys think would win Pettis vs Diaz?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Anthony Pettis looked great. I had not seen him fight much outside of "the kick heard round the world". Who do you guys think would win Pettis vs Diaz?
    That would be a great fight, but Pettis is quite possibly the best LW in the world.

I've never seen someone run through Donald Cerrone like that. Obviously Diaz destroyed him, but this was just an annihilation of a top 10 LW, and to make it even more impressive he finished him with a liver kick. No one has ever KOed Cerrone before and Pettis did it in under 3 minutes of the first round with a liver kick. It was such an impressive performance that I have to put him at no.1 right now. I love Melendez I love Henderson, but I think he he's either or top 2 right now after that performance.

vCash
    I thought Pettis looked incredible as well, but can we see him go through at least another wrestler in the division. He got stifled by Clay Guida. Let's see how he much he's improved his TDD before anointing him #1.

I think Bendo has to be the favorite over him right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I thought Pettis looked incredible as well, but can we see him go through at least another wrestler in the division. He got stifled by Clay Guida. Let's see how he much he's improved his TDD before anointing him #1.

I think Bendo has to be the favorite over him right now.
    i agree. as good as pettis is, henderson keeps getting better as well and right now he's the champ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    i agree. as good as pettis is, henderson keeps getting better as well and right now he's the champ.
    Yep. Bendo's striking has improved massively since his WEC days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    That would be a great fight, but Pettis is quite possibly the best LW in the world.

I've never seen someone run through Donald Cerrone like that. Obviously Diaz destroyed him, but this was just an annihilation of a top 10 LW, and to make it even more impressive he finished him with a liver kick. No one has ever KOed Cerrone before and Pettis did it in under 3 minutes of the first round with a liver kick. It was such an impressive performance that I have to put him at no.1 right now. I love Melendez I love Henderson, but I think he he's either or top 2 right now after that performance.
    If he could deliver those paralyzing liver kicks in every fight I would say he was #1 for sure but only time will tell.

vCash
    This was another great free card. Seems like the UFC is finally putting things together on Fox and that can only mean we the fans reap the rewards.

I know some fans don't like the FLW's, but how can you not appreciate their skills? That was one hell of a fight, Johnson is making it hard to overlook him when it comes to P4P talk.

I disagree about Dodson being afraid to go for the kill, if I remember correctly, he hurt MM twice in the 2nd, but both times MM quickly got back to his feet. Not much you can do when your opponent takes your best shot, goes down, but before you can blink, he's back on his feet. Credit goes to MM for not panicking and keeping his cool.

Teixeira beat a game Rampage, he traded with him and even took some shots and stood his ground. Good win over a legend. As for Rampage, he's in the same boat as fighters like BJ (at WW ) and Franklin. Good enough to beat the lower half of the top 10, but not enough to beat the elites. No shame in that, but if you can't make peace with that, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

What can I say about Pettis that hasn't been said. The guy is a future champ. I cannot wait to see him fight for the belt, but what I really look forward is a potential fight vs Aldo.

Those were some nasty elbows by Llamas, he has a nice winning streak and maybe that's enough to get him a title shot.

Bader's sub was pretty slick. I think is safe to say the guy is top 10, but he will have a tough time breaking the top 5. He called out Shogun (in a very respectful manner) and you know what, that's not a bad fight to make.

Pascal Krauss looked really good. Those superman uppercuts were doing some damage. Very interested to see where he goes from here.
    -----

vCash
    anyone else think they should put some type of padding on elbows? where they can still be used as a weapon but it wont be sharp.

vCash
    I have never seen Rampage land several flush shots and nothing happen. Did Rampage lose some of his power? Is Tex's chin just that good?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I have never seen Rampage land several flush shots and nothing happen. Did Rampage lose some of his power? Is Tex's chin just that good?
    At what point in the fight? Because Rampage clearly was running out of gas as the fight when on and alot of those later punches had far less juice on them than normal.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast