Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I'm not sure what we should do to be honest. I think Ersan, Ellis and Jennings are the most reasonable and attractive targets (assuming Sanders is off the market), and they all pretty much serve a roll on the team that won't be easy to replace. Ellis is probably the most likely to be traded, but as much as some people dislike him, we really don't have a replacement option at the 2. I like Beno at the point, but Jennings is a good albeit streaky shooter who won't be easy to replace. Although we have a ton of depth in the front court, Ersan is the only one who really offers an outside shot at the forward position.

The way I see it, the only trades we can make right now probably make us worse short term, so if that's the case, why not wait until the offseason to re-explore the trade market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    What is everybody's infatuation with JJ Redick? Did you just see him on Sportscenter the other day and reminisce about his Dukie days or something? We don't need yet another slow white 3 point shooter...we need ATHLETES. How about a small forward? Rudy Gay would sure look nice right about now...especially if we could get him without parting with Jennings, Ellis, or Sanders.
    gay would pretty much have us pick jennings or sanders for extension other walks and also he's really over rated!

we need a back up 2 and reddick may be sold for the lowest price! because they want expiring n picks and i personally think if jennings and ellis rack up all these min bc we dont have a back up 2 by playoff time there gonna be spent!!!
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    gay would pretty much have us pick jennings or sanders for extension other walks and also he's really over rated!

we need a back up 2 and reddick may be sold for the lowest price! because they want expiring n picks and i personally think if jennings and ellis rack up all these min bc we dont have a back up 2 by playoff time there gonna be spent!!!
    It's all a moot point now with Gay in Toronto, but my view behind it was like somebody else stated in here...why not pick up a class B superstar that has the POTENTIAL to be a class A someday with a couple years left on his deal...it's not like everyone's crying to come to Milwaukee.

vCash
    I think what ever we do has to set us up to get a scoring big man. Either trade Ellis for one, trade to open some cap space, or trade for a young talent that could develop an offense threat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    It's all a moot point now with Gay in Toronto, but my view behind it was like somebody else stated in here...why not pick up a class B superstar that has the POTENTIAL to be a class A someday with a couple years left on his deal...it's not like everyone's crying to come to Milwaukee.
    hes no more efficient than ellis though so why give up a 2 (who are harder to find throughout the league imo) for a 3 that needs 16.5 shots to get 17 points?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I think what ever we do has to set us up to get a scoring big man. Either trade Ellis for one, trade to open some cap space, or trade for a young talent that could develop an offense threat.
    a young talent that can develop an offensive threat is Henson the kid puts up solid numbers when he gets solid min. not to mention he's not to shabby on defense either! I dont think we really need a scoring big man we need ersan to keep up his hot play that he's had the last 2 weeks and need sanders to get 4-8 more points per game. He could probly get 2-6 points off hustle points every night along with hitting his jumper a bit more and developing a hook shot! I think that would be most ideal instead of giving up our much needed scoring from the 2 spot for a big that we already have plenty of!

I know a few things Hammond wont do, he's not going to take on salary or at least enough to risk losing any chance of signing jennings/ellis/udrih/dunleavy/henson/sanders which ever players they decide to keep long term! He's also said he likes the back court of jennings and ellis! I hate ellis but right now I dont see us getting another 2 that is going to do what he can for us! I really think we need a back up 2 to rest ellis and jennings some, also need to find a way to get a legit starting 3 luc and tobias are not cutting it. Mikes been great off the bench but we really need a legit starting 3! To round out our starting line up

vCash
    If we stand pat we gonna need a future 2 guard how but Jeremy lamb he is cheap and could net okc some cap space. I like a deal were we get lamb and take but a couple of contracts of maybe collison or Perkins or both and give okc are first rounder this year and expiring contract it a win win for us both as they could re-sign Martin and I think we could amnesty Perkins and have the space back to re-sign are guys.
    Last edited by FrazierBoy89; 01-31-2013 at 10:24 AM.

vCash
    We probably could get Dudley or Meeks or maybe Burks through trade with Ellis out going. Hard to see Jazz parting with Burks yet unless we package a first with Ellis. Meeks could be a throw in with Gasol headed back our way in a multiplayer swap. Woelfel mentioned Suns were interested in Ellis on pre game prior to that Suns game. Also read somewhere that Dudley could be had on the cheap.

vCash
    I really want the Bucks to make even a small trade. Try and upgrade somewhere, there are so many areas we cold use more help at.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    We need back court help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    The problem with trading Ellis for a scoring big man is the slight upgrade you get from the scoring big man, you're probably getting an even bigger downgrade since we don't have a 2 guard that can step in and really be a decent starter. We have a couple starting quality bigs, but we really only have one starter quality SG.

Quote Originally Posted by FrazierBoy89 View Post
    If we stand pat we gonna need a future 2 guard how but Jeremy lamb he is cheap and could net okc some cap space. I like a deal were we get lamb and take but a couple of contracts of maybe collison or Perkins or both and give okc are first rounder this year and expiring contract it a win win for us both as they could re-sign Martin and I think we could amnesty Perkins and have the space back to re-sign are guys.
    First off, we can't amnesty Perkins. You can only amnesty a player that was on your team when the amnesty rule was instituted. We can still amnesty Gooden, but we can't amnesty any incoming player. Also, I could be wrong on this, and I'm this truly is a guess, but I really think OKC had Lamb in the deal for a reason. I don't think they forsee Martin as a long term option, but I think they view Lamb as a guy who could potentially fill that role in the future. Again, its only a guess, but I'm guessing they aren't really actively shopping him.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    We probably could get Dudley or Meeks or maybe Burks through trade with Ellis out going. Hard to see Jazz parting with Burks yet unless we package a first with Ellis. Meeks could be a throw in with Gasol headed back our way in a multiplayer swap. Woelfel mentioned Suns were interested in Ellis on pre game prior to that Suns game. Also read somewhere that Dudley could be had on the cheap.
    My biggest issue with that is do you really think a lineup of maybe someone like a Jefferson/Burks is that much better than Sanders or Ersan/Ellis? Maybe Burks helps in the long term, but if you're looking at this season, none of those Burks, Dudley, or Meeks types of guys are really an adequate fill in for Ellis, even if we get a better big. I don't think we need an upgrade at the 4 or 5. I wouldn't mind a legit scoring center, but if it costs us Ellis and we have to fill in some garbage SG.

Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    I really want the Bucks to make even a small trade. Try and upgrade somewhere, there are so many areas we cold use more help at.
    I would venture a guess that our best bet would be trade Sammy D for a backup perimeter player, whether it be a backup shooting guard, or another decent scorer to plug into the small forward rotation.

vCash
    We can also go after guys like Wilson Chandler, Wes Matthew,jj Reddick,Derrick Willams, Courtney Lee, o.j Mayo,tyreke Evans,and I would mind going after them plus a deMarcus Cousins,and Derrick favors, but I think we have a better chance of getting Cousins then Favors with his history in sac-town and then the challenge would be paying Sanders, Jennings, Cousins and where ersan would play at the SF? and do we trade him if those trade go down to get the money.

vCash
    http://www.sportsradio1250.com/topic...udioId=6221692

Gary Ellerson,Sparky,LeRoy Butler asking Gery Woelfel Why is Udoh getting minutes over Henson? Woelfel mentions that Boylan likes Henson but he is a rookie and misses assignments and first play of him in the Bulls game he threw the ball out of bounds. So that didn't help him. Then Gary asks Gery if the Bucks are gonna makes any trades this deadline?

Gery said we might try and trade either Dalembert or Udoh or maybe even possibly Ellis. Since they think he opts out. They said they would love to trade Gooden but his contract most likely prohibits that.

vCash
    John Henson will never be a scoring big man, he may score 15 points if he gets 35 minutes but I'm talking about a strong post player. I can't think of one guy who has developed from basically a non scorer to a scorer. We have Dunleavy to play the 2 and we Udrih could play some 2 if we trade Ellis for a big and not get a two back.

Honestly I would trade Jennings if it means getting a solid post. Heck I'm starting to think that it might be better to bench Jennings for Udrih because Udrih is a more efficient scorer and much better passer.

vCash
    Moute and Ekpe Udoh for Matthews works for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast