Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Interesting, none of his tools are "plus" according to this, but average to above average at everything but speed.

Dont think anyone ever said he had plus tools. But when compared to other players at his position he excels. I expect him to be a .280-.285 20-25hr 85rbi guy none of that is "plus" when compared to other position players but it puts him near the top of catchers in the mlb.

vCash
    Mayo's list for top 10 minor league third baseman.

9. Wilmer Flores, Mets: Signed out of Venezuela in 2007 for $750,000, Flores had trouble getting out of A-ball but took a big step forward in 2012. A two-time Futures Game participant, he earned a promotion to Double-A and hit well there, starting to show power and plate discipline and turning potential into performance. A shortstop for much of his career, he shifted to third in 2012, though he dabbled a bit at second base as well. His feel for hitting should help him get to the big leagues. Where his long-term defensive home is remains to be seen.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...41139974&c_id=

vCash
    They are doing the top 50 MLB prospects on MLB network.

#29 Noah Syndergaard

vCash
    #8 Zack Wheeler

vCash
    #6. Travis d'Arnaud

vCash
    I was really surprised to see Flores not crack the top 100.

We all know he's a defensive liability but his bat should have made him a top 100 prospect in my mind.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-29-2013 at 11:26 PM.

vCash
    3 in the top 50 and 2 in the top 10. That's awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash

Trio of Mets Crack Top 30 Prospects List

It has certainly been a while since we've had this much talent so high up the list. But here's the part of the article that I can't get past:

The Mets will most likely start d’Arnaud on their Triple-A team, thus delaying arbitration a full year.
    In other words, these pricks have no problem charging top dollar but they won't promote their top players if they can save a few dollars by postponing arb.

They all call go F themselves.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...pect-rankings/
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    It has certainly been a while since we've had this much talent so high up the list. But here's the part of the article that I can't get past:

In other words, these pricks have no problem charging top dollar but they won't promote their top players if they can save a few dollars by postponing arb.

They don't have time for that. They're too busy F-ing the fans.

vCash

They only have to delay his call up 20 days into the season to get that extra arbitration year.

Every team does this, they would do the same with Wheeler if he was ready at the beginning of the season.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-30-2013 at 03:12 PM.

vCash

So what where the Nationals doing then?

vCash
    Awright, so maybe i got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Trio Of Mets Crack Top 30 In MLB’s Annual Top Prospect Rankings

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – There may be a cushion for the Mets’ free-fall from National League relevance over the past several years.

The Amazin’s have three players on MLB.com’s Top 100 Prospect List, each ranking in the top 30. Most notably are catcher Travis d’Arnaud (ranked sixth) — who was snatched up in the R.A. Dickey deal — and Zack Wheeler (ranked eighth), who has been slowly developing his pitching chops in the minors since 2010.

Minor league hurler Noah Syndergaard, who was also acquired in the trade that sent Dickey to Toronto, ranked 29th.

“Honestly, it’s an honor to be ranked really high, but I try not to think about it,” d’Arnaud told MLB.com. “I just go out and work hard, and try to contribute to each game I play.”

D’Arnaud and Wheeler climbed the ranks from last year’s list, when they checked in at 25th and 28th, respectively.

The Mets have big plans for the 23-year-old catching prospect, who crushed 16 home runs in less than 70 games last summer with Toronto’s Triple-A Las Vegas team. He was sidelined with a knee injury halfway through the season. The Mets will most likely start d’Arnaud on their Triple-A team, thus delaying arbitration a full year.

“I wouldn’t say I’m really too anxious,” d’Arnaud said. “I can’t really control if I can make the big league squad or not. I’m really just going to go out there and meet as many new faces as I can, and learn everyone’s name as fast as I can, and then just go out there and play as hard as I can. That’s all I can really do.”

The Mets were the only team in baseball to have two prospects in the top 10. Seattle was the only other club to have three players crack the top 30.

The list, released on Tuesday, was assembled by MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo. Mayo utilized scouts and scouting directors in an effort to rank players based on criteria such as skill set, upside and closeness to reaching the big leagues.

vCash
    Awright, so maybe i got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
    Or couch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They only have to delay his call up 20 days into the season to get that extra arbitration year.

Every team does this, they would do the same with Wheeler if he was ready at the beginning of the season.
    I can think of two instances in recent years where teams didn't do that; Atlanta with Justin Heyward in Bobby Cox's last season and Tampa Bay Rays with Evan Longoria but he just received a contract.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast