Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    It's to add an extra year of player control.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I do think Syndergaard is a little to high.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    What?! I think you're a little too high.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Well i expect the wilpons to be cheap owners so i wouldn't be suprised by the move

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnIckFaN.2883 View Post
    Well i expect the wilpons to be cheap owners so i wouldn't be suprised by the move
    This isn't a Wilpons issue.

All teams do this with their rookies with the exceptions that Clay mentioned..

It make sense, why lose a year of arbitration and let the player hit FA a year earlier when they only have to wait 20 days into the season to bring them up?
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-30-2013 at 05:02 PM.

vCash
    Do we have to take away your guns to FoC?
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Syndergaard really put up some elite numbers in every category at 19 years old. He deserves to be where he's at given his stuff and top of the rotation ceiling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Do we have to take away your guns to FoC?
    Don't mess with my Second Amendment Rights!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Can we be underrating Travis D'Arnaud? Mayo seems to see him as much more than we project him to be. His tools seem to be good and not just above average as we have it placed. Can he be more than the .280-.285 BA, 20-25 HR, and 75-80 RBI guy we see? It seems that many of the reports by Mayo and Sickels and etc. show him to be even more. They describe him as a really good hitter, not a really good hitting catcher but a good hitter.

Maybe we'd actually see .300/.380/.530 type stats. So around .280-.285 BA, 25-30 HR, and 90-100 RBIs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Syndergaard really put up some elite numbers in every category at 19 years old. He deserves to be where he's at given his stuff and top of the rotation ceiling.
    I think most other list will have in the 45-60 range.

I like the kid, and this is the year for him and some of the other young flame throwers to emerge this year. Also he needs to still work on his secondary stuff.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I think most other list will have in the 45-60 range.

I like the kid, and this is the year for him and some of the other young flame throwers to emerge this year. Also he needs to still work on his secondary stuff.
    I agree. I'd put him around 55-60 to be honest. Top 30 is too high for someone who is still so low in the system and not ready to be in the big leagues for a pretty long time (2-3 years)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123