Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Joe Mayo: Prospect Watch - Top 10 Listings and top 100 MLB Prospects for 2013

Top 10 Right Handed Pithers

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
    4. Zack Wheeler, Mets: After being picked sixth overall by the Giants in 2009 and signing for $3.3 million, Wheeler was traded to the Mets for Carlos Beltran in ‘11. Wheeler split time between Double-A and Triple-A last season, pitching well at both levels while generating a lot of strikeouts. Wheeler’s fastball and curveball are both considered plus, and he complements them with a slider and changeup. Wheeler has made the trade with the Giants look like a coup for the Mets, as he has all the tools to become a frontline starter.

10. Noah Syndergaard, Mets: Syndergaard was taken in the sandwich round in 2010 by the Blue Jays out of the Texas high school ranks. His full-season debut in 2012 was a big success, and he was named to the Midwest League All-Star team. Syndergaard was sent to the Mets in the R.A. Dickey trade and could end up being the best player in the deal, though it may take more time for him to develop. The big right-hander has a ton of arm strength to go along with three pitches that could be at above-average when all is said and done.

vCash
    He will do a top 10 for every position over the next week or so and then do his top 100 prospects on January 29.

It will be added to this thread as they come out.

vCash
    If Syndergaard pans out he has JJ pre injury written all over him

vCash
    Is Syndergaard at a similar spot that Wheeler was when we got him?

vCash
    It's definitely exciting to see 2 Mets pitchers on that list. I can't wait to watch them develop this year.

vCash
    I dont think Jose Fernandez should be ahead of Wheeler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Is Syndergaard at a similar spot that Wheeler was when we got him?
    They were at different levels when the Mets acquired them.

Syndergaard at A Lansing and Wheeler at A+ San Jose, there was also a 2 year age difference.

Baseball America already had Wheeler as their #55 prospect going into 2011, whereas Syndergaard hasn't made that list yet but will this year.

I think that was more because of where they were drafted.

Syndergaard being a sandwich pick in 2010 and Wheeler being the 6th overall pick in 2009 so i don't think the experts had Noah being as good as he was last season.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-22-2013 at 06:04 AM.

vCash
    It's gonna be great watching all our stud young pitching get no run support.

vCash
    We definitely need hitters, but we needed the pitching as well. Look at 2009, we led the league in BA, and what did that get us?

We need to add at least 50 RBI to go along with those young guns; Buck already adds 20+ over Thole. Iff we add two good major league outfielders we could contend; one stud OF and one good OF and I might be happy.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Syndergaard at A Lansing and Wheeler at A+ San Jose, there was also a 2 year age difference.

Baseball America already had Wheeler as their #55 prospect going into 2011, whereas Syndergaard hasn't made that list yet but will this year.
    They were both roughly the same age when they were traded.

I didn't know BA didn't have Syndergaard in their top 100, but Jon Mayo/mlb.com had him #83 entering 2012-

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Bulls wont make the playoffs you can write it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I've talked to some Nets and they told me they are saving their energy for the playoffs and people talking down on them are going to be suprised. One player told me "this was our plan all along"
    DMF on May 4th 2013:

11. 01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
    Reason
    Stop it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    They were both roughly the same age when they were traded.

I didn't know BA didn't have Syndergaard in their top 100, but Jon Mayo/mlb.com had him #83 entering 2012-

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/
    Well Wheeler was 21 when they acquired him and Syndergaard 20 so it's a year difference instead of 2..

That's my bad..

But yeah Noah wasn't on the 2012 list of BA's top 100 prospects..

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2612998.html
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-22-2013 at 03:54 PM.

13. 01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
    Reason
    Stop it

vCash
    Top catching prospect
    Travis d'ArnaudRank: 1
    Scouting Grades (present/future): Hit: 5/6 | Power: 5/6 | Run: 3/3 | Arm: 5/6 | Field: 4/5 | Overall: 5/6

If it hadn’t been for some injuries, talk about d’Arnaud as a prospect would have long been a thing of the past and the buzz would be about him as one of the bright young catching stars in the big leagues. In 2012, he was tearing up the Pacific Coast League when he tore the PCL in his left knee. During the offseason, he was traded for an ace for the second time in his career. Initially a Phillies prospect, he was dealt to Toronto in the Roy Halladay deal. This time, he was the key part of a package sent from the Blue Jays to the Mets for R.A. Dickey. When healthy, he has the tools to be a top-flight all-around backstop. He’s agile and athletic with a good arm and has worked hard to improve his throwing. He has the ability to hit for both average and power and is a natural leader behind the plate, skills he should be able to show off in New York soon.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2013/#list=c

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Cecchini does not make the top 10 in Mayo's top 10 SS prospects.

vCash
    I love our pitching going forward. 2015ish can come fast enough (Harvey, Wheeler, and Syndergaard).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Interesting, none of his tools are "plus" according to this, but average to above average at everything but speed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast