Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jude LaCava rips Rober Sarver on tv.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...%3DjiMh6tFX47c

He said exactly what we all think. I applaud Jude for calling out Sarver because it's time someone did.

vCash
    My biggest question is why he keeps choosing gamble picks for his front office. Everytime its the same thing, he picks a guy with absolutely no experience at the position for which they are hired. Babby and Blanks neither had experience but had some offshoot strength that Sarver tries to sell as the factor that will save the team. This guy trusts his gut but he needs to learn the difference between good gut and bad gut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by good2goo View Post
    My biggest question is why he keeps choosing gamble picks for his front office. Everytime its the same thing, he picks a guy with absolutely no experience at the position for which they are hired. Babby and Blanks neither had experience but had some offshoot strength that Sarver tries to sell as the factor that will save the team. This guy trusts his gut but he needs to learn the difference between good gut and bad gut.
    Sarver does this because guys with the least experience have no bargaining power when it comes to their contracts/salaries.

vCash
    Its honestly, the Suns fans fault that Sarver is still the owner of this team. It should be obvious by now that Sarver cares most about making a profit. So what does that mean? It means that the Suns are still making a profit.

If you honestly care about this team at all, then stop going to games. Seriously. When you stop going to games, the Suns become a team that is losing $$ and Sarver will have no choice but to sell.

I have a friend in Florida who lives in Jacksonville and he told me that their fans took a stand against the Jaguars. And because of that, that team got sold.

vCash
    We had Steve Nash which is why people always had hope but now that he's gone people are starting to see the whole picture. Give it about a year more of these stupid decisions and we will be going down the same road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Its honestly, the Suns fans fault that Sarver is still the owner of this team. It should be obvious by now that Sarver cares most about making a profit. So what does that mean? It means that the Suns are still making a profit.

If you honestly care about this team at all, then stop going to games. Seriously. When you stop going to games, the Suns become a team that is losing $$ and Sarver will have no choice but to sell.

I have a friend in Florida who lives in Jacksonville and he told me that their fans took a stand against the Jaguars. And because of that, that team got sold.
    I'm doing my part. I haven’t gone to a game all season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post

That's not a smart way to do it. Who's going to spend 500 mill on a franchise that's losing money? Someone with more money than sense maybe? We'd more than likely end up with another sarver and worse case, the NBA might not think Phoenix is a credible market for the NBA anymore. With the prices of NBA teams going up and fewer people willing to invest in them, not going to games/buying products is a good way to get rid of the Phoenix suns franchise altogether.

No matter how dysfunctional things are this season, no one will be interested in a crap team who also has no fan base.

vCash
    That Mexican guy who so happens to be the richest man in the world should buy the team that way money is not an issue .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    That Mexican guy who so happens to be the richest man in the world should buy the team that way money is not an issue .
    ...or all of us PSD Suns fans pool all our money and buy the team -- i appoint King as General Manager and you bro head of recruiting

vCash
    Haha I wonder if everyone on PSD pooled their money they could afford a sports franchise. My first thought is that it would be awesome but then you realise that, based on the arguments you see on here all the time, it would probably be the worse run franchise in history.

Cool idea though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    Haha I wonder if everyone on PSD pooled their money they could afford a sports franchise. My first thought is that it would be awesome but then you realise that, based on the arguments you see on here all the time, it would probably be the worse run franchise in history.

Cool idea though.
    LOL it would be one hell of a party though

vCash
    That's not a smart way to do it. Who's going to spend 500 mill on a franchise that's losing money? Someone with more money than sense maybe? We'd more than likely end up with another sarver and worse case, the NBA might not think Phoenix is a credible market for the NBA anymore. With the prices of NBA teams going up and fewer people willing to invest in them, not going to games/buying products is a good way to get rid of the Phoenix suns franchise altogether.

No matter how dysfunctional things are this season, no one will be interested in a crap team who also has no fan base.
    Its general knowledge that fans in Phoenix are excited and enthusiastic as hell about our team. People know that the reason for our poor attendance is because every single Suns fan out there hates Robert Sarver and how he runs this team.

As soon someone with knowledge on basketball buys this team, the fans will come back. Its obvious. The team doesn't even have to be good quickly, it just has to make smart decisions.

vCash

On the contrary, a shrewd investor would see this as an excellent opportunity – buy low, sell high. Any potential owner would have to believe that they can do a better job than Sarver.

vCash
    But they won't be 'buying low'. It's costing more and more to buy a franchise. The warriors, for example, sold for over $450 mill (a record amount) in the last couple of years and they've been to the playoffs, what, once in the last decade and had nothing on the roster to warrant that type of investment. Also, Considering Sarver was the owner thought most of the Nash era, doing better could be harder than you might think.

vCash
    But they won't be 'buying low'. It's costing more and more to buy a franchise. The warriors, for example, sold for over $450 mill (a record amount) in the last couple of years and they've been to the playoffs, what, once in the last decade and had nothing on the roster to warrant that type of investment. Also, Considering Sarver was the owner thought most of the Nash era, doing better could be harder than you might think.
    It's still relatively low to what the investors will expect to get back. If that wasn’t true, no owner would be able to find a buyer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast