Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Don't forget Jim McLvaine!
    Oh god.

That was the beginning of the end. ****ing Wally Walker.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsBullsBucs View Post
    1)Who was the greatest Sonic of all time? I'm too young to remember them during their 'glory days'. The Sonics I remember were Ray Allen/Rashard Lewis (lol). Maybe Gary Payton but even my memory of him is foggy. Whenever the Bulls versed the Sonics my mom would have to record the game on VCR because it was passed my bed time

2)Will Ray Allen return? He played his best days there. Would he want to play one last year where it all started? I hope so. I love him but hate that he is on the Heat... If Ray returned as a member of the Heat next year, would he get a standing ovation??

3) If they return next year, what arena will they play in? Are they going to build a new arena?

4) How is their fan base? Seahawks fans are great, Mariners fans arent so great, though thats probably because they usually suck. Everyone says they have great fans. Would they be on the same level as Utah/GSW/OKC?

5)Would you root for them? I personally would. It just sucks. Its cool the Sonics are back but sucks that the Kings are gone and probably will never return.
    1) Gary Payton. I think this is a no-brainer. No one else REALLY comes close. Ray Allen is close but he put some good years in Milwaukee. When you think about Payton you think Emerald and Gold.

2) I doubt he returns. He'll retire with Miami at the end of next season. Obviously he'll play at Key Arena next year and will get a standing ovation.

3) Key Arena. That's decided. For two years until the new arena is built south of Safeco Field.

4) Sonics fans are great. I went to a number of Sonics games and the arena was always loud, full and booming.

5) Yes I will, they will be my homer team. Ill be at 10-15 home games a season.
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    1. Gary Payton.

2. No, if he did it'd be kinda different considering it's not really the same team.

3. Key Arena.

4. Sonics fans are great.

5. Hell yes. Not to mention Demarcus and Tyreke will look sick as **** in emerald and gold if they decide to go back to original colors.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    ** I know its not 100% official yet, so chill, but assuming the Kings move to Seattle.

5 Questions

1)Who was the greatest Sonic of all time? I'm too young to remember them during their 'glory days'. The Sonics I remember were Ray Allen/Rashard Lewis (lol). Maybe Gary Payton but even my memory of him is foggy. Whenever the Bulls versed the Sonics my mom would have to record the game on VCR because it was passed my bed time

2)Will Ray Allen return? He played his best days there. Would he want to play one last year where it all started? I hope so. I love him but hate that he is on the Heat... If Ray returned as a member of the Heat next year, would he get a standing ovation??

3) If they return next year, what arena will they play in? Are they going to build a new arena?

4) How is their fan base? Seahawks fans are great, Mariners fans arent so great, though thats probably because they usually suck. Everyone says they have great fans. Would they be on the same level as Utah/GSW/OKC?

5)Would you root for them? I personally would. It just sucks. Its cool the Sonics are back but sucks that the Kings are gone and probably will never return.
    1.gary payton

2.no,dont see any reason why he would.

3.they are going to build a new arena,but until it's complete they'll play at the key arena

4.the fanbase is as with any other fanbase.if they're worth watching than they'll come out;if they suck than fans wont pay to watch.but they'll probably show up the first few years even though they'll most likely suck just to show support and happiness of having a team.

5.sure i will,they arent my top team,but would still like to see them do well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Ok... firstly.. who was the best? Perhaps Payton or Kemp... I'd go with Payton. Some other great players: Jack Sikma, Michael Cage, Bob Rule, Spencer Haywood, Fred Brown, Gus Williams, and Lenny Wilkens (player/coach at the same time). And Dennis Johnson probably played his best basketball in a Seattle uniform, though he is remembered as a Celtic by most.

Second, Ray Allen didn't start there, he started with the Buck. He went there in the trade for Payton.

Third: they will play in a the Key arena, a new arena is scheduled for 2015.

Fourth: How is their fan base? Not so great. I mean, the franchise did move after all. When they win, people show up, when they don't.... there are a lot of empty seats. From 2002 onward, they were in the bottom ten for attendance every year. And they haven't been in the top 10 for attendance since 1984... not even when they made it to the finals.

Finally, will I root for them? I like Seattle... they have good fans, I felt bad that their team left, and the team they should have is a contender, so I hope for the fans in the area that they can put together a contender quickly, but since I'm a fan of the game, I won't be converting into a Supersonics fan or anything.
    This is not accurate. The arena had a low capacity, but the fans filled it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Don't forget Jim McLvaine!
    Shot blocka!

vCash
    ** I know its not 100% official yet, so chill, but assuming the Kings move to Seattle.

5 Questions

1) Shawn Kemp.. growing up I wanted to be him with those vicious tomahawk dunks
    2) No
    3) I heard Key Arena, until the new one is built
    4) Fans are amazing
    5) Have always liked the sonics so yeah why not

vCash
    who is gonna be their tv announcers and PA announcer? Did they have any good ones that theyd want to bring back or are they gonna start fresh

vCash
    who is gonna be their tv announcers and PA announcer? Did they have any good ones that theyd want to bring back or are they gonna start fresh
    Kevin Colabro.

One of the best to ever do it, I hope he comes back to be the voice of the Sonics.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    at Seattle being "where it all started" for Ray Allen

But yeah, Sonics fans were fantastic

OP, and any NBA fan really, should watch 'Sonicsgate' if they haven't already. it's on youtube.

vCash
    I know Ray Allen had his best years in Seattle, but I will always remember him as a Buck with Glenn Robinson and Vin Baker.

vCash
    It's gonna suck for Sonics fans when they play the Thunder.

Our QB > Yours

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12