Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Seattle Supersonics

** I know its not 100% official yet, so chill, but assuming the Kings move to Seattle.

5 Questions

1)Who was the greatest Sonic of all time? I'm too young to remember them during their 'glory days'. The Sonics I remember were Ray Allen/Rashard Lewis (lol). Maybe Gary Payton but even my memory of him is foggy. Whenever the Bulls versed the Sonics my mom would have to record the game on VCR because it was passed my bed time

2)Will Ray Allen return? He played his best days there. Would he want to play one last year where it all started? I hope so. I love him but hate that he is on the Heat... If Ray returned as a member of the Heat next year, would he get a standing ovation??

3) If they return next year, what arena will they play in? Are they going to build a new arena?

4) How is their fan base? Seahawks fans are great, Mariners fans arent so great, though thats probably because they usually suck. Everyone says they have great fans. Would they be on the same level as Utah/GSW/OKC?

5)Would you root for them? I personally would. It just sucks. Its cool the Sonics are back but sucks that the Kings are gone and probably will never return.

vCash
    Shawn Kemp was one of my favorite players growing up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsBullsBucs View Post
    ** I know its not 100% official yet, so chill, but assuming the Kings move to Seattle.

5 Questions

1)Who was the greatest Sonic of all time? I'm too young to remember them during their 'glory days'. The Sonics I remember were Ray Allen/Rashard Lewis (lol). Maybe Gary Payton but even my memory of him is foggy. Whenever the Bulls versed the Sonics my mom would have to record the game on VCR because it was passed my bed time

2)Will Ray Allen return? He played his best days there. Would he want to play one last year where it all started? I hope so. I love him but hate that he is on the Heat... If Ray returned as a member of the Heat next year, would he get a standing ovation??

3) If they return next year, what arena will they play in? Are they going to build a new arena?

4) How is their fan base? Seahawks fans are great, Mariners fans arent so great, though thats probably because they usually suck. Everyone says they have great fans. Would they be on the same level as Utah/GSW/OKC?

5)Would you root for them? I personally would. It just sucks. Its cool the Sonics are back but sucks that the Kings are gone and probably will never return.
    1. Gary Payton for sure, at least from a player aspect. The two most influential Sonics of all time would probably be Lenny Wilkens and Nate NcMillian. I really hope they bring Nate back to coach again.

2. I doubt that 100%. Ray wants to win at this point in his career, and the future Sonics will be far, far away from contention.

3. Key Arena, the outdated one they were playing in before Bennett stole the team. But the new ownership group is filthy rich, and they've got an arena plan already constructed that should be ready in a few years. In the meantime, the Sonics would play in Key Arena.

4. Seattle fans kick ***.

5. Hell ****ing yes I will.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Ok... firstly.. who was the best? Perhaps Payton or Kemp... I'd go with Payton. Some other great players: Jack Sikma, Michael Cage, Bob Rule, Spencer Haywood, Fred Brown, Gus Williams, and Lenny Wilkens (player/coach at the same time). And Dennis Johnson probably played his best basketball in a Seattle uniform, though he is remembered as a Celtic by most.

Second, Ray Allen didn't start there, he started with the Buck. He went there in the trade for Payton.

Third: they will play in a the Key arena, a new arena is scheduled for 2015.

Fourth: How is their fan base? Not so great. I mean, the franchise did move after all. When they win, people show up, when they don't.... there are a lot of empty seats. From 2002 onward, they were in the bottom ten for attendance every year. And they haven't been in the top 10 for attendance since 1984... not even when they made it to the finals.

Finally, will I root for them? I like Seattle... they have good fans, I felt bad that their team left, and the team they should have is a contender, so I hope for the fans in the area that they can put together a contender quickly, but since I'm a fan of the game, I won't be converting into a Supersonics fan or anything.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 01-21-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Ya, and we dont even know how many more years Ray will play. I bet he will play as long as he can until he breaks down so he can pad his all time record.

vCash
    ya, Seattle would be contending for a championship if they hadnt left. sucks to suck

vCash
    I think most of the problem with the M's is ownership they treat the M's like a business and not a sports franchise you never see the ownership at games.

vCash
    Shawn Kemp
    Hersey Hawkins
    Gary Payton
    Detlef Scherempf
    Sam Perkins

....and they might have won it all if it hadn't been for that meddling Michael Jordan.

The Knicks are back!

vCash
    When will they leave Seattle again?

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    Durant should go back if they move back the team. and maybe westbrook too.

vCash
    Best players:

Jack Sikma, Gus Williams, Paul Silas, Johnny Johnson, Dennis Johnson, Lonnie Shelton, "Downtown" Freddie Brown, Wally Walker

Slick Watts

Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, Nate McMillian, Detlef Schrempf
    Internet gamblers warning: Do NOT use Sports Interaction. They will steal your bankroll with hidden "administration fees" if you don't lose your money to them while betting.

vCash

5 Questions

D Gloveee!

vCash

5 Questions

Well kind sir...

1. Gary Payton is probably the best, but the true glory days of the Sonics was in 1979 where they won our cities only championship (unless you count the Stanley cup like 90 years ago). A lot of old timers like to talk about Downtown Freddie Brown, or Jack Sickma, and Lenny Wilkens (more as a coach than a player). Other guys that were overshadowed during the Jordan era were Shawn Kemp, Detlef Schrempf, Same Perkins, and Hersey Hawkins.

2. Ray Allen would be more then welcomed back to Seattle. Great player, and a terrific leader, but I think he's happy shooting three's for Miami right now .

3. They will play in Key Arena for a year while they build the new one.

4. Great fan base. It'll be weird once they leave the Key. The Key Arena has a different feel then any other stadium. Mariners are a great fan base too, but they've been so bad for so long. Basically after the 2001 season it's been a giant spiral, but baseball use to be everything in Seattle.

5. I'd definitely root for the Sonics. I don't like being a bandwagon fan, and for the last few years of been rooting for the Heat (love Lebron, and after they beat OKC, and signed Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen it's like they were calling for me).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Ok... firstly.. who was the best? Perhaps Payton or Kemp... I'd go with Payton. Some other great players: Jack Sikma, Michael Cage, Bob Rule, Spencer Haywood, Fred Brown, Gus Williams, and Lenny Wilkens (player/coach at the same time). And Dennis Johnson probably played his best basketball in a Seattle uniform, though he is remembered as a Celtic by most.

Second, Ray Allen didn't start there, he started with the Buck. He went there in the trade for Payton.

Third: they will play in a the Key arena, a new arena is scheduled for 2015.

Fourth: How is their fan base? Not so great. I mean, the franchise did move after all. When they win, people show up, when they don't.... there are a lot of empty seats. From 2002 onward, they were in the bottom ten for attendance every year. And they haven't been in the top 10 for attendance since 1984... not even when they made it to the finals.

Finally, will I root for them? I like Seattle... they have good fans, I felt bad that their team left, and the team they should have is a contender, so I hope for the fans in the area that they can put together a contender quickly, but since I'm a fan of the game, I won't be converting into a Supersonics fan or anything.
    I feel like that's obvious. Saying Kemp is better than Payton is like saying Griffin is better than Paul.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    Shawn Kemp
    Hersey Hawkins
    Gary Payton
    Detlef Scherempf
    Sam Perkins

....and they might have won it all if it hadn't been for that meddling Michael Jordan.
    Don't forget Jim McLvaine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast