Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBoyJ View Post
    I support his cause. It's nice to see someone stand up for something like mental illness especially when it's over looked in this society. The fact is none of us knows what it's like to live with a mental illness and what obstacles he may face on a day to day basis. The fact that he's advocating for this just shows that this is bigger than him and his sanity can't be bought and I respect that. What is he going to profit from playing in the NBA and make millions but lose his mind in the process.
    The problem is, he's gone about it the completely wrong way..

vCash
    just because i hate the rockets. go royce white!
    My TOP 10 favorite NBA players of All Time

1. Kobe Bryant
    2. Allen Iverson
    3. Reggie Miller
    4. Andrew Bynum
    5. Wilt Chamberlain
    6. Steve Nash
    7. Lamar Odom
    8. Ben Gordon
    9. Ray Allen
    10. Carmelo Anthony

vCash
    You know what would be funny? If they did things to accommodate him and he still was a bust, lol

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    Where's the only person allowed to have an opinion ChillWill? Did you see that he lied to them Will?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    The problem is, he's gone about it the completely wrong way..
    All we can do is speculate and gather the little information we get from the media but we don't really know what's going on. Him being outspoken about it and taking a stance is giving us a little insight to what is going on but that's just a small piece to a bigger picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBoyJ View Post
    I support his cause. It's nice to see someone stand up for something like mental illness especially when it's over looked in this society. The fact is none of us knows what it's like to live with a mental illness and what obstacles he may face on a day to day basis. The fact that he's advocating for this just shows that this is bigger than him and his sanity can't be bought and I respect that. What is he going to profit from playing in the NBA and make millions but lose his mind in the process.
    Why did he lie to get drafted? That's the biggest mistake.

He's clearly a scammer. Instead of being honest and saying that he's still afraid of flying, he told Houston that he's fine now and he's normal

Nobody can side with White.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    He's clearly a scammer. Instead of being honest and saying that he's still afraid of flying, he told Houston that he's fine now and he's normal
    Whoa, don't put words in his mouth. He didn't say anything about being cured. He just said he could fly. I'm sure he truely felt this thinking about the opportunity of playing in the NBA and putting his fear to the side. But when the time comes your disorder gets the best of you and you find yourself losing to it. I had a period of about a half year where I experienced anxiety and panic attacks and let me tell you, you may think you can do something (especially if it sounds like fun/good time) but when it comes time to do it your anxiety kicks into overdrive and crushes you.

It may not of been the smartest move to say you could fly without 100% knowing you would be able to but I can COMPLETELY understand where he was coming from!

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

vCash
    I don't understand why he revealed the letter, unless he just likes attention (negative or positive). All it does is make him look bad.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    I don't understand why he revealed the letter, unless he just likes attention (negative or positive). All it does is make him look bad.
    Yup, completely agree.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zgQGfBOnh8

see? the solution is tehre, 30 years in advance.
    ]

vCash
    Royce white is such a troll

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Planes a steel death trap???

Give him some statistics on more likely ways to die. More people die each year of the following

Driving cars
    Alcohol
    Heart attacks
    Cancer
    Shootings

Dude wouldn't even get out of bed ever for fear of some sh-it....

vCash
    I love flying overseas, i do it about 2 times a year.

On topic, I think the most telling thing here is that the Rockets in the letter asked him to come to practices and games if he was capable. They are handling this just like any other ailment, which IMO is the right way to go. If he cant fly to games, they arent asking him to. Just that he do what he is capable of. The fact that he is not is the problem.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    This makes me sick, there are a million and one people that would kill for this opportunity and if your biggest issue is which direction your ******* hats are in then you need to take a step back and look in the mirror, what are you really doing? I mean i respect mental illness but this sounds like OCD mixed with anxiety. I worry about some of the things royce does like flying and driving but it doesnt mean i shut my life off because idiot motorists make me nervous. Get off the meds or on the meds whatever works just get your head straight and play ball or go home , give the money back and stop saying look at me. He's trivializing this for people with real issues.
    You also don't have a debilitating mental illness. For him, this **** isn't just "oh no my hats!" It's impossible for him to function normally because of it. It'd be like if there were 22" of snow outside and you had to drive to work somehow, but not only couldn't you find a shovel, you couldn't find your hat and shoes. No ****ing way are you going to leave your house anyways. That's how bad this crap is for some people, and he seems to be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Why did he lie to get drafted? That's the biggest mistake.

Nobody can side with White.
    He probably "lied" because when asked, "Hey, are you gonna be able to live your dream or is this flying thing gonna stop you?" He was super excited and thought he could just get passed it because this is playing in the NBA, something he's probably dreamed about forever. Then when it came time to get on the plane he was like, "****. I can't do this." He's a ****ing young kid, you can't expect him to be able to be that mature. Nobody is. Regardless of what issue someone has when they're asked if they will be able to fill their own dream, they're not going to be like, "Nope! No way." Even if they're lying to themselves a little, do you think it'd be that hard for him to convince himself he could do it?

And since he's not getting paid, it's basically the worst scam in history.
    Last edited by Doogolas; 01-22-2013 at 08:05 AM.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    Planes a steel death trap???

Give him some statistics on more likely ways to die. More people die each year of the following

Driving cars
    Alcohol
    Heart attacks
    Cancer
    Shootings

Dude wouldn't even get out of bed ever for fear of some sh-it....
    and that matters how? I have a phobia of dogs, I can control it now, but a few years ago I change sides if I saw something bigger then a poodle. No statistic in the world about Dogs would have changed my mind. No really nice dog owner could talk it out with me.

With Anxieties and Phobias it's not about rational arguments and causes, it's totally irrational.

That said with if he lied about his anxiety before signing the contract, he has no leg to stand on, if he wants to make this a matter of principal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast