Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What could Hakeem do for Blake?

So I was just watching the video on NBA.com about Hakeem and it made me think.

Imagine what he could do for Blake Griffin. Let's face it Blake came into the league as an athletic wonder. But you have to give him credit because he seems to be slowly expanding his game.

15' jumper
    slightly improving post moves
    improved defensive intensity

Blake is the perfect specimen for Hakeem to mold. He has the athleticism to do some of the things Hakeem was able to do.

Just for sheer enjoyment of watching basketball I hope this happens.

Hakeem, MJ and Lebron are my top three favourite players to watch. If Blake could learn even half the footwork that Hakeem had he would be up there. Just for clarity I am not saying these players are my favourite players but they were/are so skilled they were/are incredible to watch.

I think Hakeem could make Blake easily the best PF in the game. Thoughts?

vCash
    He'd certainly help. Not sure what moves he could learn that would elevate him to the best in the league. He just needs to keep on developing his D and shooting. After that, I don't think there's much else he can learn that would take him to the next level (assuming he's not already there)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    He'd certainly help. Not sure what moves he could learn that would elevate him to the best in the league. He just needs to keep on developing his D and shooting. After that, I don't think there's much else he can learn that would take him to the next level (assuming he's not already there)
    I can't remember, but I know on one of the blocks he is in the 86th percentile, but the opposite side he is only 46th percentile. Improve the bad side.

vCash
    I'd love to see both Blake and DJ work with him!

vCash
    I don't get this. Hakeem's been working with guys for years now and we still have yet to see some's game drastically improve. Probably the guy that got the most out of it was Bryant.

vCash
    I think Bosh's game, would greatly benefit if he would ever train with the Dream.

Blake game is more like Stat, drives by you and jumps very high to finish, but it would help him out if he can pick up a thing or two for Hakeem.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Ibaka would benefit the most from Hakeem.. He can already hold defense, rebound, & shoot

If he added that post game he'd be A1

vCash
    Some people can get it, most people can't. Hakeem can't change the way players play. Look at Dwight. The only person who utalized what Hakeem taught most significantly was Kobe and maybe Yao.

vCash
    Can probably polish his developing post-game.
    "A hero can be anyone."

vCash
    i know shaq would love to work with blake

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Every post player could do with a few lessons from Hakeem...

That said, I thought you thread would be about what Hakeem could do to help Steve Blake... :-(
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    I'd like Blake to go to Malone or Shaq first. Learn to be more dominant with his amazing physical tools rather than trying to be more finesse. He's got such a unique and underrated skillset and I think it's a faulty assumption that Hakeem is the guy who will improve everybody's post game. Hakeem himself may have been the best in the post but it doesn't mean you will hit your best with him over somebody else teaching you.

I wish Shaq and Malone would teach Blake to throw more elbows, be more nasty on the boards and bully people in the block more. His shot, free throws and post game are already coming along. Today the man had 26 points, 13 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks. Not bad for a dunker.

vCash
    nothing... look at Amare Stoudemire, case closed

vCash
    I like the Malone suggestion as well mostly because of Blake playing with Paul though. Not sure about Shaq however, different kind of game. Shaw overpowered people in his prime like few others have been able to do.

And I in no way think Blake is just a dunker. He was but he has expanded his game quite well over the last few years. Which is why I think he would benefit from working with Hakeem because he has shown drive.

And don't compare Amare with Blake. Amare has messed up knees so their athleticism is nowhere near comparable anymore. Plus Amare has always been the product of working well in the pick and roll with a solid or elite point guard. Nash and the one year with Felton before Melo came to New York.

As for the mention of Dwight. Well he has shown he is a prima donna who doesn't work hard enough or take the game seriously enough. Thus him not getting much from working with Hakeem.

My point is that Blake is already a fantastic player. Learning a few things from Hakeem on both the offensive and defensive ends could make him quite the force. Don't forget Hakeem was an elite defender as well.

In regards to the comment about some people getting it and some not. I agree completely. That is why Kobe has benefitted the most from working with Hakeem because he has work ethic like few others.

vCash
    Blake has one of the undisputed best work ethics in the league. CP3 called him THE hardest working player in the NBA and said he lives in the gym. His current shooting coach calledBlake his best student ever. Point is Blake would learn I'm sure. He actually had Hakeem scheduled around the Olympics when McGee and Amare did but tore his Meniscus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast