Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    vCash
    no point in having a log jam at the 4 when we dont have a starting caliber player at the 3. if bargs didnt get injured davis would still be burried on the bench in a very limited role because of that log jam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    amir could easily start at the 4 and jonas at the 5... we have plenty of players who can play the 4. hell fields and alan anderson have done a good job at the 4 when we have gone small. we still have acy, kleiza, & bargs those guys can sufice as back up's.
    I'm looking at what happens if we trade the TWO players most often rumoured to be going lately (Calderon and Bargnani), so that strikes Bargnani off the list. Suddenly that leaves us with Amir and Acy at the 4 and a bunch of guys ready to play small ball. lol. What happens when Amir gathers a few quick fouls?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    But that was what the rumour was. And I wrote picks, plural. As for what he does, it's definitely true that he reloads instead of rebuilds. Again, if we all know that, surely the board can bring it up at a board meeting. But we disagree about who sells what to who. I see it as collaborative and you see it as his call entirely.
    I don't see the Raps getting picks, plural, for Bargs. And even if they did they can still get more picks from teh other assets. Those are probably of more value then whatever players they would get back.

I think the relationship is collaborative in the sense that BC chooses what he wants to sell and the board chooses whether they want to buy it. The problem here is that BC is a very good salesman. At some point they just won't buy what he is selling anymore and he will be gone, hopefully its this summer. But I doubt they can really change what he is selling, they may try to give him direction but he will still take his own route there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I'm looking at what happens if we trade the TWO players most often rumoured to be going lately (Calderon and Bargnani), so that strikes Bargnani off the list. Suddenly that leaves us with Amir and Acy at the 4 and a bunch of guys ready to play small ball. lol. What happens when Amir gathers a few quick fouls?
    Depends, if you want to do a rebuild thats not a bad way to go. Deplete the roster and get poor results hence increase the odds of a good pick. Thats what I wanted done at the start of last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Depends, if you want to do a rebuild thats not a bad way to go. Deplete the roster and get poor results hence increase the odds of a good pick. Thats what I wanted done at the start of last season.
    Seems to me he'd just be accused of not having a vision by suddenly going into tank mode in a bad draft year. I hear what you are saying about last year though, and agree.

vCash
    Unless JV turns into the next great C, this team doesn't have much of a ceiling.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314