Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you draft #1 Overall?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nerlens Noel

2 18.18%
  • Shabazz Muhammad

7 63.64%
  • Ben McLemore

2 18.18%
  • Cody Zeller

0 0%
  • Anthony Bennett

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastian79r View Post
    At #1. Noel and trade Gortat for another pick, McLemore or Muhammed
    Not a chance i'd take Noel over Shabazz or maybe even McLemore. I'm ok with trading Gortat though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastian79r View Post
    At #1. Noel and trade Gortat for another pick, McLemore or Muhammed
    I wouldn't pick Noel if Shabazz was still available. Noel is going to take a few years to get his body to a level where he can compete against NBA PF's and C's. Shabazz will be able to compete in the NBA from day 1 and is more of a sure bet.

Comparing Noel to Davis, Davis' freshman year at Kentucky was better statistically in nearly every category, and Davis' offensive game was much more refined. Noel has the length and athletic ability to be a star in the NBA but must work on his body, offensive game, and defensive positioning (he often gets caught out not protecting the paint or has his back turned to the weak side allowing back-door cuts).
    Last edited by Bishnoff; 01-21-2013 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    No way. Bazz first and then noels. but by the end of the season gortat wont have as much trade value as of right now so he wouldnt land us a pick that high

vCash
    Noel would be my third choice, what do you guys think about Ben McLemore?

vCash
    Call me crazy but IMO Shabazz can be, along with Irving and Wall, the next generation of superstars. Yes I'm very high on Wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    Noel would be my third choice, what do you guys think about Ben McLemore?
    I don't like how arrogant he is.

vCash
    A lot of great players are arrogant. Lol But his talent is undeniable....

vCash
    A lot of great players are arrogant. Lol But his talent is undeniable....
    I just think of all the arrogant guys with so much potential who never take the game seriously. I don't want to draft a guy who cares more about lining his own pocket and being 'the man' than winning a ring. I'm not saying that McLemore is going to turn out like this, I just think that Shabazz is a safer bet.

vCash
    Shabazz Muhammad-

NBA Comparison: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Strengths: Left handed wing with elite level speed, athleticism and skills ... Great scorer who can fill it up in a variety of ways ... Very smart, intense individual who is highly motivated and driven to be great ... Mature offensive game, already has a strong NBA body, INCREDIBLE length (appears to have a wingspan in the neighborhood of 7-feet), is a man amongst boys, very athletic and explosive ... Quick first step and handle make him difficult to contain one on one ... Improving jumpshot and handle, wired to score the ball, can physically dominate his opponents, pull up jumper and ability to put the ball on the floor have improved considerably ... Box game is very advanced for his age ... Great on the offensive glass for a 2 guard ... Knows how to work the baseline and score, terrific in transition, hard worker ... Shows signs of having a killer instinct and will assertively get on his teammates when they're not living up to his expectations ... The most prolific scorer in the country ...

Weaknesses: Has improved his jumpshot but still needs some work to become more automatic ... Relies too much on his strength ... Needs to look to impact the game in other areas besides scoring ... Too left hand dominant, ball tends to stop when it gets in his hands ... Not a great creator for teammates ... Can lose focus sometimes if not involved enough offensively ... Handle needs to tighten up. Not great at creating shots off the dribble ... Prone to offensive fouls, needs to continue to round out his overall game ...

Overall: Muhammad is a terrific long term prospect ... He can score the ball in his sleep and is just scratching the surface of his ability ... Once he improves the consistency on his jumpshot he will almost be impossible to defend, great work ethic and drive to succeed will take him a long way ...
    Kidd-Gilchrist is a horrible comparison imo. MKG is more like Luol Deng, a super athletic 3 that can defend the hell out of anyone and is a jack of all trades offensively.

Shabazz is more like Brandon Roy imo.

vCash
    I would go with Shabazz and then Mclemore.

It would be so awesome if we got the 1st pick, we need some luck to come our way for once.

vCash
    Its between McLemore and Muhammad for me. Noel is interesting but I would be disappointed if we took him.

I think McLemore has the highest ceiling between him and Muhammad but I would be happy with either one. Muhammad seems like he'll be good from day 1 and could be an all-star early in his career but I think right now, what you see will be what we get. There's not a lot more developing for him to do apart from polish up his game whereas McLemore, as his the bio posted suggests, is only scratching the surface.

I'm just happy there's a chance one of these guys will be on our team. I wish the draft was a little bit sooner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    Its between McLemore and Muhammad for me. Noel is interesting but I would be disappointed if we took him.

I think McLemore has the highest ceiling between him and Muhammad but I would be happy with either one. Muhammad seems like he'll be good from day 1 and could be an all-star early in his career but I think right now, what you see will be what we get. There's not a lot more developing for him to do apart from polish up his game whereas McLemore, as his the bio posted suggests, is only scratching the surface.

I'm just happy there's a chance one of these guys will be on our team. I wish the draft was a little bit sooner.
    Thats why i'd be happy with either guy on our team. Shabazz at #1 and if we get the #2 and Shabazz is gone i'd be ok with drafting McLemore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post

I disagree. I think Shabazz will only get better and better due to his work ethic and maturity. From watching UCLA games this season, there’s not much that Shabazz does wrong, contrary to what old high school scouting reports say. His jump shot will continue to improve and his handles are already excellent for a 6’6” SG. His RPG and APG numbers aren’t the highest but at the end of the day, you rely on your PG for assists and your front court for rebounds. Shabazz is more of a traditional SG.

IMO, a player’s ceiling is dictated by their work ethic, not by their potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I disagree. I think Shabazz will only get better and better due to his work ethic and maturity. From watching UCLA games this season, there’s not much that Shabazz does wrong, contrary to what old high school scouting reports say. His jump shot will continue to improve and his handles are already excellent for a 6’6” SG. His RPG and APG numbers aren’t the highest but at the end of the day, you rely on your PG for assists and your front court for rebounds. Shabazz is more of a traditional SG.

IMO, a player’s ceiling is dictated by their work ethic, not by their potential.
    I just feel that Muhammad is closer the the finished product than McLemore yet McLemore is performing as well, if not better, than Muhammad.

I agree with you about work ethic but who's to say that McLemore doesn't have a similar approach to the game as Muhammad.

These are things that well find out about closer to the draft I guess. Right now mclemore has a slight edge for me but that could change. Like I said though, I'd be happy with either of them as I think they'll both be good pros.

vCash
    1. McLemore
    2. Muhammad
    3. Noel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast