Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you draft #1 Overall?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nerlens Noel

2 18.18%
  • Shabazz Muhammad

7 63.64%
  • Ben McLemore

2 18.18%
  • Cody Zeller

0 0%
  • Anthony Bennett

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

If the Suns get the #1 pick, Who do you want?

Curious who you guys want. I already have my list, just want to know your thoughts.

vCash
    Shabazz and Noels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrescoLovesSuns View Post
    Shabazz and Noels
    Just curious why those guys?

vCash
    Shabazz Muhammad-

NBA Comparison: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Strengths: Left handed wing with elite level speed, athleticism and skills ... Great scorer who can fill it up in a variety of ways ... Very smart, intense individual who is highly motivated and driven to be great ... Mature offensive game, already has a strong NBA body, INCREDIBLE length (appears to have a wingspan in the neighborhood of 7-feet), is a man amongst boys, very athletic and explosive ... Quick first step and handle make him difficult to contain one on one ... Improving jumpshot and handle, wired to score the ball, can physically dominate his opponents, pull up jumper and ability to put the ball on the floor have improved considerably ... Box game is very advanced for his age ... Great on the offensive glass for a 2 guard ... Knows how to work the baseline and score, terrific in transition, hard worker ... Shows signs of having a killer instinct and will assertively get on his teammates when they're not living up to his expectations ... The most prolific scorer in the country ...

Weaknesses: Has improved his jumpshot but still needs some work to become more automatic ... Relies too much on his strength ... Needs to look to impact the game in other areas besides scoring ... Too left hand dominant, ball tends to stop when it gets in his hands ... Not a great creator for teammates ... Can lose focus sometimes if not involved enough offensively ... Handle needs to tighten up. Not great at creating shots off the dribble ... Prone to offensive fouls, needs to continue to round out his overall game ...

Overall: Muhammad is a terrific long term prospect ... He can score the ball in his sleep and is just scratching the surface of his ability ... Once he improves the consistency on his jumpshot he will almost be impossible to defend, great work ethic and drive to succeed will take him a long way ...
    Last edited by 7secondsORless; 01-21-2013 at 02:58 PM.

vCash
    Nerlens Noel-

NBA Comparison: Marcus Camby

Strengths: An elite-level shot blocker with an extremely high ceiling ... Measured 6'11 in shoes with a 7'4" wingspan, giving him very good length for the center position in the NBA ... Explosive athlete with a very quick reaction time ... Gets up well on both his first and second jumps, giving him an advantage on the offensive glass ... An absolutely intimidating presence in the paint ... Blocks an unreal amount of shots due to his length, athleticism, reflexes and timing ... Agility allows him to rotate quickly to help teammates defensively ... Remarkably fluid runner ... Will outrun other bigs down the floor, to set himself up for a number of easy baskets per game ... Strong finisher around the rim ... Will be an easy alley-oop target at the next level ... Uses his physical tools to get a lot of out-of-area rebounds ... Defends well on the perimeter ... Not beaten easily, even when he switches onto smaller players ... Collects a lot of steals for a big man ... Isn't afraid to run the fast break with the ball in his hands ... Very active, plays with a good motor ... Unselfish ... Has the potential to become a good passer for his position ... Confident player that has the stuff to be a dominant defender at Kentucky ...

Weaknesses: Needs to add strength to handle the center position in the NBA ... Doesn't get pushed around often at this level and can compensate with his length/athleticism when he does, but that will be a problem in the future if he doesn't add a significant amount of weight ... Prone to biting on pump-fakes, but is often so quick to recover that it doesn't matter ... Can be over-aggressive at times defensively, and get himself in foul trouble ... Lacks much of a scoring game. Appears lost offesnively and too often looks to face the basket instead of utilizing his size and athleticism in the post ... Needs to polish his post game ... Would serve himself well by adding a mid-range jumper and a consistent go-to move in the post to his currently limited offensive repertoire ...

Overall: Noel is a top-level defensive player, and a likely one-and-done prospect ... He should be able to add the all-around polish he needs to be a very high draft pick at Kentucky next year, and could be considered for the top-overall pick in the 2013 draft ...

vCash
    Ben McLemore-

NBA Comparison: Ray Allen

Strengths: Ultra smooth shooting guard with a lethal combination of athleticism and scoring ability ... Absolutely an elite level athlete with prototypical size and athleticism for the 2-guard position ... Shot has tremendous form, great elevation with the range to knock down the 3 ball consistently ... Shows a good feel for the game with the ability to create shots off the dribble ... Unselfish, team player who whows strong ability to pass the ball for an off guard ... Great length. At 6'5, he appears to have a 6'9 or greater wingspan ... Highly coachable kid. Solid feel for the game. Doesn't gamble for steals or play out of control ... Terrorizes opponents with back door cuts that often result in ally oop dunks ... Appears to be just scratching the surface of his abilities ...

Weaknesses: Feel for the game must continue to advance. Still figuring out what he's capable of and learning how to use his immense talents. Shot selection is good but can improve. Learning when to force the issue and when to pass up contested shots. Also when to be aggressive defensively and when not to, in order to stay out of foul trouble ... Must develop as a ball handler and become better at creating in isolation ... In high school he had some issues with consistency, so he'll need to learn to exhibit a high level of effort on a more constant basis ... Can be a streaky shooter at times ... Missed a year having sat out an Academic redshirt season in 2011-12, but it doesn't seem to have negatively affected him ...

Notes: Kansas Coach Bill Self described McLemore as the most talented kid he's ever coached. Impressive considering he had Deron Williams at Illinois.

vCash
    To start, I don't know much about any of these guys.
    Coming into the year, Shabazz, Noel, and Zeller were the only guys I had even heard of.

I pick Shabazz first with McLemore next. Simply because we need a shooting guard to build a future around. I don't know if that's both of their natural positions, but it would be a good start.
    Next, I'd be Noel as our future big man.

I'm sure as we get closer to the draft, some of these guys will slip and others that I never heard of, will rise. Last year Lillard and Waiters moved up when they were never talked about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    To start, I don't know much about any of these guys.
    Coming into the year, Shabazz, Noel, and Zeller were the only guys I had even heard of.

I pick Shabazz first with McLemore next. Simply because we need a shooting guard to build a future around. I don't know if that's both of their natural positions, but it would be a good start.
    Next, I'd be Noel as our future big man.

I'm sure as we get closer to the draft, some of these guys will slip and others that I never heard of, will rise. Last year Lillard and Waiters moved up when they were never talked about.
    I don't think much will change in regards to the top 3-4 of the draft. But i agree my top three would be Muhammad, McLemore, and Noel in that order. Shabazz is listed as a SF, but he is probably closer to 6'5 than his listed 6'6-6'7. He is a long lefty and just a scorer. Still raw but talented. McLemore is kind of the same in that he is extremely athletic and a scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    Shabazz Muhammad-

NBA Comparison: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Strengths: Left handed wing with elite level speed, athleticism and skills ... Great scorer who can fill it up in a variety of ways ... Very smart, intense individual who is highly motivated and driven to be great ... Mature offensive game, already has a strong NBA body, INCREDIBLE length (appears to have a wingspan in the neighborhood of 7-feet), is a man amongst boys, very athletic and explosive ... Quick first step and handle make him difficult to contain one on one ... Improving jumpshot and handle, wired to score the ball, can physically dominate his opponents, pull up jumper and ability to put the ball on the floor have improved considerably ... Box game is very advanced for his age ... Great on the offensive glass for a 2 guard ... Knows how to work the baseline and score, terrific in transition, hard worker ... Shows signs of having a killer instinct and will assertively get on his teammates when they're not living up to his expectations ... The most prolific scorer in the country ...

Weaknesses: Has improved his jumpshot but still needs some work to become more automatic ... Relies too much on his strength ... Needs to look to impact the game in other areas besides scoring ... Too left hand dominant, ball tends to stop when it gets in his hands ... Not a great creator for teammates ... Can lose focus sometimes if not involved enough offensively ... Handle needs to tighten up. Not great at creating shots off the dribble ... Prone to offensive fouls, needs to continue to round out his overall game ...

Overall: Muhammad is a terrific long term prospect ... He can score the ball in his sleep and is just scratching the surface of his ability ... Once he improves the consistency on his jumpshot he will almost be impossible to defend, great work ethic and drive to succeed will take him a long way ...
    This analysis of Shabazz describes perfectly what our franchise is missing down to the last detail. The only areas where he needs improvement are the areas that you can coach, which are on the offensive end. You can't teach hustle, leadership and an excellent work ethic. Basically if we get the #1 pick the clear option for us is Shabazz.

vCash
    shabazz, we need a guy who can create his own shot, not like our other "stars" in recent years who were dependent on Nash to create for them

we need someone we can give the ball and basically clear out on close end-game situations. most of the top teams have that type of player -- a go-tp guy. how many close games have the Suns lost simply because we don't have a closer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    This analysis of Shabazz describes perfectly what our franchise is missing down to the last detail. The only areas where he needs improvement are the areas that you can coach, which are on the offensive end. You can't teach hustle, leadership and an excellent work ethic. Basically if we get the #1 pick the clear option for us is Shabazz.
    Couldn't agree more. I don't like the comparison to Kidd-Gilchrist because Kidd-Gilchrist will never have the Offensive game Shabazz has.

vCash
    What I posted in another thread: If we land the 1st overall pick, it's gotta be Shabazz. Aside from his obvious talents, the guy is a workhorse and a born winner. Take a look at how much better UCLA have been playing since he joined the roster.

I see Shabazz as a clear SG in the NBA. His combination of ball handling skills, quickness, length (6'11" wingspan) and size (223 lb) will make him a nightmare to guard.

Oh, and I love how he gets out on the break at every opportunity. Whenever a UCLA teammate of his grabs a defensive board Shabazz is already at half court moving at close to top speed for the outlet pass.
    Last edited by Bishnoff; 01-21-2013 at 04:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I don't like the comparison to Kidd-Gilchrist because Kidd-Gilchrist will never have the Offensive game Shabazz has.
    I agree, terrible comparison. nbadraft.net often make strange comparisons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I agree, terrible comparison. nbadraft.net often make strange comparisons.
    I love their mock drafts and such, but i agree their comparisons are hit or miss

vCash
    At #1. Noel and trade Gortat for another pick, McLemore or Muhammed
    Last edited by sebastian79r; 01-21-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast