Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: More Rules on Big Hits or Less Rules on Big Hits?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • More Rules on Big Hits

6 18.18%
  • Less Rules on Big Hits

27 81.82%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    I also don't know how laying your helmet on someone's chin causes brain injury???

Anytime a helmet has ever grazed the bottom-half of my facemask, I've never felt any pain in my head.
    Because it shakes your brain. You seriously don't see how getting speared in the chin affects your heAd?

vCash
    As much as a lot of people hate Goodell, he's doing his players good in the long run. They may not like it now, but 20-30+ years from now I'd guess they'd be much happier having a less likelihood of having long-term brain injuries because of the way he's handling the type of hits. Football is still very physical. Does it really hurt that there aren't as many "JACKED UP" hits anymore? Personally, I'd rather see a player have a better chance of having a longer, healthier life than see these big hits every week. They'll still be there, but just not to what we've been used to seeing.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 01-21-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    "When I played high school football it never hurt when I got hit in the helmet."

Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams

Davante Adams

vCash
    I want football to be a contact sport, not a combat sport.
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2013 season
    155 carries, 621 yards, 1TD
    35 receptions, 276 yards, 0 TDs

vCash

LOVE THIS HIT....HE GOT FLAGGED BUT NOT FINED!!! ********! THANKS GOODELL!

vCash
    We obviously know that hitting your head at full speed for a decade can cause some damage. There is no disputing that.

My concern is, if you are up to making a million dollars a year and are aware of the repercussions of banging your head for a decade, then why don't we let these guys bang away?

Nascar drivers have much more of a risk, IMO. Should they implement speed limits?
    Last edited by blakersburris; 01-21-2013 at 06:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post

LOVE THIS HIT....HE GOT FLAGGED BUT NOT FINED!!! ********! THANKS GOODELL!
    And this hit was perfectly fine, IMO. Why is the NFL flagging this play?

vCash
    We obviously know that hitting your head at full speed for a decade can cause some damage. There is no disputing that.

My concern is, if you are up to making a million dollars a year and are aware of the repercussions of banging your head for a decade, then why don't we let these guys bang away?

Nascar drivers have much more of a risk, IMO. Should they implement speed limits?
    Just because they make millions they shouldn't be properly protected? That's dumb. Having a healthier, longer life is more important than money. I don't get why your so against protecting these players. It's still a very physical, violent sport with Goodell's new rules. Why does there need to be so much head banging?

Ariana Grande

vCash
    ^ If you don't want to get in the head, then don't play football.

If you don't want to get sandy, then don't go to the beach.

If you don't want to get wet, then don't go swimming.

If you don't want to get hit by a fastball, then don't play baseball.

If you're afraid of heights, don't ride the roller coaster.

You feel me?
    And if you don't like the watered down football they play today, don't watch. See how that works?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    And if you don't like the watered down football they play today, don't watch. See how that works?
    no. it absolutely does not work like that. you act like he is the only one complaining about the issues at hand with the sport. even the players dont like it. i saw harder hits watching my little brother play. the point is, this is not A contact sport, its THEE contact sport, and many of us (about 999,999,999 out of a million arent fit to participate). if you happen to be that one in a million, and are passionate about being so, there is a risk..just like there is with everything. this isnt the football dad or grandpa watched, and in 20 years, you yourself will be complaining that the flag football league is atrocious.

vCash
    Goodell is doing a fantastic job in my opinion. As the league progresses players are getting stronger, faster, and bigger. Sure right now we dont see every player with head trauma, but the number will steadily rise as the years go by if there isnt a change.

The players are entertainers not barbarians. The league has to do whatever is possible to protect the product. IF they just let these guys knock their heads off each other the NFL would drown in lawsuits from players families for not taking the proper steps to protect their employees.
    The name is Amendola....

...Danny Amendola

vCash
    I also don't know how laying your helmet on someone's chin causes brain injury???

Anytime a helmet has ever grazed the bottom-half of my facemask, I've never felt any pain in my head.
    The "button" isn't the bottom-half of a facemask.
    Button: This is a term for a point on the chin that if hit just right will usually knock a boxer down and might knock him out.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by envymamba24 View Post
    no. it absolutely does not work like that. you act like he is the only one complaining about the issues at hand with the sport. even the players dont like it. i saw harder hits watching my little brother play. the point is, this is not A contact sport, its THEE contact sport, and many of us (about 999,999,999 out of a million arent fit to participate). if you happen to be that one in a million, and are passionate about being so, there is a risk..just like there is with everything. this isnt the football dad or grandpa watched, and in 20 years, you yourself will be complaining that the flag football league is atrocious.
    I actually agree with you about football being watered down. And yes, I think they've gone too far, making it almost impossible for a player to tackle without getting flagged. But I stand by my comment, which was a response to "if you don't want to get hit in the head, don't play football," which I believe is too vague. The subject is more complex than that.
    Last edited by torrance; 01-21-2013 at 10:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Give em racks!
    Give them Dabs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Just because they make millions they shouldn't be properly protected? That's dumb. Having a healthier, longer life is more important than money. I don't get why your so against protecting these players. It's still a very physical, violent sport with Goodell's new rules. Why does there need to be so much head banging?
    They make millions, plus they're aware of the consequences. Even before all of this concussion talk, football players knew the affects the game would have on their knees, ankles, back, and whatever else could possibly happen. No one is saying they shouldn't try to make the game safer (via better equipment, or enforcing blatant dirty hits), but they shouldn't kill the sport in the process. It's a contact sport that is going to have a rough effect on the body, regardless of how many rules they put in.

IMO, leading with the head should be a penalty, however, helmets touching should NOT. In the current game we're seeing defenders leave their natural movements to make sure they don't accidentally bump helmets, which is ridiculous. Now, when someone slams face-mask first into the side of someone else's helmet, that absolutely should be illegal, but just because they hit doesn't mean it should have a game-effecting 15 yard penalty + a first down.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast