Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • 49ers

    87 53.05%
  • Ravens

    77 46.95%
Page 12 of 126 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 1881
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaka2007 View Post
    Baltimore Ravens 20-16, Kaepernick is too young and distracted with attempting to kiss his biceps (trademarking 'Kaepernicking'). Joe Flacco is not elite, but very good and has much more experience than Colin. Something to ponder, Baltimore's Defense just beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back to back road playoff games.
    fixed

    SF also defeated Green Bay and Atlanta, so both teams have gotten through some really good teams to get here.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,528
    vCash
    1500
    Yea, he was pretty distracted against Green Bay and Atlanta.

    Throwing out QB names is useless but, Colin's beaten Aarron Rodgers, Matt Ryan(on the road), Tom Brady(on the road), and Drew Brees(on the road). Granted, the last two weren't in the playoffs but had playoff implications, none the less.

    Flacco will be tested heavily though. 49ers defense will make the Ravens one dimensional.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    66
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    fixed

    SF also defeated Green Bay and Atlanta, so both teams have gotten through some really good teams to get here.
    Absolutely, but Green Bay isn't what they used to be (defensive side of the ball) and Atlanta is definitely not on the same level as New England and probably not even Denver.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    66
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    Yea, he was pretty distracted against Green Bay and Atlanta.

    Throwing out QB names is useless but, Colin's beaten Aarron Rodgers, Matt Ryan(on the road), Tom Brady(on the road), and Drew Brees(on the road). Granted, the last two weren't in the playoffs but had playoff implications, none the less.

    Flacco will be tested heavily though. 49ers defense will make the Ravens one dimensional.
    49ers will definitely test Flacco, but the premise of my argument is on the experience advantage Flacco holds over Kaepernick in the most pressure packed game they both will face in their career.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaka2007 View Post
    Absolutely, but Green Bay isn't what they used to be (defensive side of the ball) and Atlanta is definitely not on the same level as New England and probably not even Denver.
    Adding in N.O., I would put all of those teams in the top 5 offenses in the league as far as weapons and QBs go, so I really don't see much of a drop off. Considering how many points were put up against Denver and NE, I wouldn't rank their defensive performances that highly either. I'd put the paths that each team has taken thus far as equal.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    10,204
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLV

    What about that one?

    Idk why a Steelers fan would hate the Niners. Just because you care about some stupid record that happened before you were born?
    I would root for the 49ers all the time if it didnt come down to the record. Love your defense, love Kap. Just want to have something no other team has

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    23,442
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaka2007 View Post
    Baltimore Ravens 20-16, Kaepernick is too young and distracted with attempting to kiss his biceps (trademarking 'Kaepernicking'). Joe Flacco is not elite, but very good and has much more experience than Colin. Something to ponder, Flacco just beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back to back road playoff games.
    Lol. That's ridiculous.


    Ariana Grande

  8. 01-26-2013, 01:41 PM
    Reason
    repeated racist comment.

  9. #173
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Redskins10 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why white people dislike the Ravens so much?
    No, because not all white people hate/dislike the Ravens. I for one am white and like the Ravens (just not this past two weeks for obvious reasons).

  10. #174
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,528
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaka2007 View Post
    49ers will definitely test Flacco, but the premise of my argument is on the experience advantage Flacco holds over Kaepernick in the most pressure packed game they both will face in their career.
    Right, but your argument has no substance with your evidence. You stated that Flacco has more experience since recently beating a couple elite QB's while Kaepernick has beaten not only better but more quality QB's. Regardless, that's a poor way of evaluating a QB especially in Flacco's case because of the Ravens defense and Ray Rice's contributions.

    Ultimately, you can say Flacco has more experience from being in the league longer but Flacco's never been a game changing Quarterback. His success is largely determined by the supporting cast of the Ravens.

    Kaepernick on the other hand, has already beaten 5+ playoff caliber teams mostly due to his own ability. I think questioning his experience at this point, is kinda redundant. How much more does he need to do to prove himself?

  11. #175
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,157
    vCash
    1500
    aldon smith, no sacks in 5 straight games. what's up with that?
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

  12. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    aldon smith, no sacks in 5 straight games. what's up with that?
    Some of those were without Justin so basically saw the most protection to his side, now even with Justin back at half steam we're bringing 3 or 4 only on most plays, lack of pass rush period has been a major gripe for SF fans lately, but it seems we're playing more of a cover scheme as of late over blitzing.

  13. #177
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,354
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    aldon smith, no sacks in 5 straight games. what's up with that?
    It wasnt just the Justin Smith being out of the game and injured. Aldon has been nursing a shoulder injusy the last few weeks and has been missing practice.

  14. #178
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    4,982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaka2007 View Post
    Absolutely, but Green Bay isn't what they used to be (defensive side of the ball) and Atlanta is definitely not on the same level as New England and probably not even Denver.

    Depends what level you are thinking about. The AFC is not even remotely close to the power that the NFC is. Not only the most recent SB winners, but the Ravens, Patriots, Broncos, and Texans were 0-6 this year against NFC playoff teams. 0-6... think about that.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  15. #179
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    4,982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Redskins10 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why white people dislike the Ravens so much?
    I am not getting that at all. Watch ESPN... it's Ravens TV. Even their reports on the 49ers are about how they'll deal with the Ravens. (example, today's sportscenter).

    Ray Lewis did get away with murder, but other than that, they are a solid team. They are like the 49ers, if the 49ers were past their prime.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  16. #180
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    aldon smith, no sacks in 5 straight games. what's up with that?
    justin smiths injury. easier to stop aldon when he is the primary focus
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •