Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jerebko's dad wants Frank fired

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/1...nce-frank-gets

It isn't just Detroit Pistons fans that are unhappy with the benching of Jonas Jerebko. So is the coach for the Swedish national team, Jerebko himself and Jerebko's father. And Pistons fans also aren't the only ones looking for reasons why the forward continues to see zero game time.

All involved opened up in an online story for svt.se about the frustrating situation. Obviously, as a disclaimer, the Google translation is rough. But there are also certain trends in the article that are hard to miss, even with the garbled language.

Jonas Jerebko is bummed about his lack of playing time and seems to be wondering if perhaps his best shot at playing time is with another team:

-I continue to do what I always do. I know that this will not be too long. I know there are teams out there that want me, but I do not really know what's going on, continues Swede.
    Hopefully a Swedish friend can smooth out the quotes and clarify if JJ is openly longing for a trade.

There are two familiar reasons mentioned in the article as to why he might have been benched: 1. Lack of 3-point shooting ability and 2. Showcasing Charlie Villanueva and Austin Daye. Count Swedish national team manager Jonte Karlsson as a proponent of the showcasing theory.

"You do not sell a player and get rid of his contract if he is sitting on the bench," Karlsson said (roughly translated).

That doesn't sit well with Jerebko's father, Chris, an American who played at Syracuse before embarking on a pro career in Sweden. His (again, roughly translated) quote:
    -Detroit's coach is a square type and hopefully he is not there next year, he continues.

vCash
    Lol but yeah there really is no reason for him to be getting zero minutes.

vCash
    You are getting outplayed by Austin Daye, that should speak for itself.

As for demanding a trade...

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    If Daye and CV are hitting their shots and not continuously getting exposed on defense..have have more to offer than Jerebko.

Hopefully Joe can trade him. Saves 4 million i believe.

vCash
    lol the thread title cracked me up

where does he think the minutes will come from? we're hoping CV or Daye catch fire and someone decides to make an offer, then we can put Jonas in their spot in the rotation

vCash
    Ha, this title is pretty funny, its like a high school or middle school title. But I agree that Jerebko should get some minutes, I guess there's something that Frank isn't liking in practice to make him want to give Jerebko a minute?

vCash
    [QUOTE=Gators123;25166788]http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/1...nce-frank-gets

I'm with the Swedish coach. You can't showcase someone who sits on the bench. JJ has an outside shot you at least need to respect, but not at the level Daye/CV have when they have it going, at least a little bit.

But JJ brings tons more energy and banging inside. Until someone makes a move via trade, I don't see anyone biting on these two. someone will make a trade that will make others think they have to match it or someone coming in late to pick up Daye (expiring) or CV to help them in the playoffs.

Boston and LA, as an example, are built to win now. To some extent, so are the Spurs. Teams like these will be interested in CV. Others looking to have first refusal / bird rights / ?? might be interested in Daye. Of course, I think they may have the ability to sign him outright in the summer, so why trade any assets for him now.

But I do not know why JJ is getting zero minutes.

vCash
    We should trade Jerebko so he can flourish somewhere else...ala Aaron Afflalo, that worked out great for us.

YRDs:
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances:

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    Look at all the guys not getting minutes. Jerebko, Slava, Khris, English, Maggette. We're too clogged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Look at all the guys not getting minutes. Jerebko, Slava, Khris, English, Maggette. We're too clogged.
    Not sure what you mean. We'vegot 15 under contract, league max. I believe the league minimum is 12 players under contract, it might be 13. So no matter what, unless you want to play 12 guys per nite, we'll always have guys not getting minutes. I just think JJ should be getting some burn.

vCash
    I'm saying any of those guys can be complaining about not getting minutes. I haven't heard a peep out of Maggette and his resume trumps Jerebko's. We have too much quantity and not enough quality. There should be a way to get Jonas on the court a little, but he's not being showcased like the other guys, plus the 2nd unit has clicked pretty well together so no reason to blow that up. Unless Jerebko's dad thinks his son should be the starting shooting guard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Not sure what you mean. We'vegot 15 under contract, league max. I believe the league minimum is 12 players under contract, it might be 13. So no matter what, unless you want to play 12 guys per nite, we'll always have guys not getting minutes. I just think JJ should be getting some burn.
    Thats what he means by "too clogged"

vCash
    At some point we're gonna have to keep one of: CV, Daye, and JJ; all of them are really stretch 4s, we could trade two for some value, I'd be happy if we could get 2nds for any two.
    $9.99

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Thats what he means by "too clogged"
    Having 15 contracts, or 12/13, unless you're playing 12 guys a nite, by definition "you're too clogged." Clogged meaning too many.

vCash
    Not sure about Khris, Engliash and Slave being able to complain. Look at how well Drummond is playing, and he's not getting as many minutes as he should.

Maggette, now that he's healthy, yes. But I think he's rehabbing the heck out of himself to go to a contender or sign a decent deal this summer based on health. JJ, yeah, he should be getting some more burn. Certainly above Daye. But hopefully we're showcasing CV/Daye.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast