Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I like the move, as much as one can for a minor league signing.
    Picked up a lefty who was very good in NY in recent years for nothing, albeit coming off injuries.
    No real downside with a legitimate chance of production if he can return to form.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Correct.

And if he doesn't, no big deal. The problem is it is hard to draw to an inside straight.
    It may be hard, but taking a (nearly) free look at the river card is worth it.

vCash
    not a bad move

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    I like the move, as much as one can for a minor league signing.
    Picked up a lefty who was very good in NY in recent years for nothing, albeit coming off injuries.
    No real downside with a legitimate chance of production if he can return to form.

It may be hard, but taking a (nearly) free look at the river card is worth it.
    It's chicken soup. Can't hurt. The problem is that every move that Sandy is making (other than trading his all stars for top prospects) is of the "can't hurt" variety. It just would be nice if he made a move with the expectation that it should actually help rather than it won't hurt and maybe it might help.

Just sayin.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 01-21-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    "Can't hurt" can be a misleading statement.

Like you can't hurt Charles Manson 's image.

No matter who the Mets sign, it can't hurt. Even Milton Bradley would help.

vCash
    No surprise the Mets would do this, I mean after all this is the club that not only signed Mota(who beaned Piazza in the head 2 consecutive years) but then assigned him Mike's old locker...Bonilla is on the payrole for another 2+ decades, maybe we can run him out for a few games? hey where is Alomar these days? give me a break this is NOTHING but a BS move hoping for a ten dollar return on a dime store oddity

vCash
    I know people are angry on principle about all of these minor league deals and low risk signings this offseason but the move itself isn't a bad one.

Last edited by metswon69; 01-21-2013 at 05:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    "Can't hurt" can be a misleading statement.

Like you can't hurt Charles Manson 's image.

No matter who the Mets sign, it can't hurt. Even Milton Bradley would help.
    Justin Sellers just got arrested. Give him a call.

vCash
    Good low risk move by the Mets..Throw him out there in spring training and lets see what he's got. My only fear for him is that they will overwork him again causing him to blow out his arm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyroos View Post
    Good low risk move by the Mets..Throw him out there in spring training and lets see what he's got. My only fear for him is that they will overwork him again causing him to blow out his arm.
    Nah, different group. Feliciano likely won't even make it out of Spring Training anyway. For all anyone knows, he's cooked.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Justin Sellers just got arrested. Give him a call.
    Probably can't call him in the stir.

vCash
    Championship! (high voice)
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I know people are angry on principle about all of these minor league deals and low risk signings this offseason but the move itself isn't a bad one.

You beat me to it, yep I agree 100%.

I wanted BJ Upton and still want Marcum, ie guys who can help THIS year AND in future years..

But even if I'm upset they haven't signed anyone noteworthy I do like this move.

Interestingly he'll make Met history if he pitches this year as someone with 3 tenures with the Mets (1-acquired in Estes deal; 2- signed as FA after pitching in Asia; 3-brought back on minor league deal).

I'm sure there've been others though considering this is franchise that once acquired someone for a player to be named later, and then just sent the player back to complete the deal...
    Last edited by Daaaarryyl; 01-21-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Bulls wont make the playoffs you can write it down.
    I've talked to some Nets and they told me they are saving their energy for the playoffs and people talking down on them are going to be suprised. One player told me "this was our plan all along"
    DMF on May 4th 2013:

vCash
    Favorite Pedro moment was when he was surprisingly sent out to pitch the ninth in a save situation (2010 IIRC).

After he recorded the 3rd out, he started walking towards the dugout before turning his head to see his teammates congratulating each other. Pedro himself had thought it was the 8th.
    Bulls wont make the playoffs you can write it down.
    I've talked to some Nets and they told me they are saving their energy for the playoffs and people talking down on them are going to be suprised. One player told me "this was our plan all along"
    DMF on May 4th 2013:

vCash
    Love this move, if healthy, Felicino can really help this bullpen and guide josh edgin at the same time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Love this move, if healthy, Felicino can really help this bullpen and guide josh edgin at the same time.
    CoF!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast