Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mets bring back a reliever

Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) tweeted at 12:51pm - 21 Jan 13:

Pedro Feliciano back with #Mets on minor league contract with spring-training invite. (https://twitter.com/AdamRubinESPN/st...15613584523264)

I am for one glad they did this, been telling my brother all offseason if they are gunna do this wait to the end and pick up the scraps of bullpen arms leading into spring training, why not bring him in on a minor league deal, I see him making the roster and being a strong option in the bullpen again, just gotta see how long he can last

vCash
    Yeah baby! Another minor leaguer off the scrap heap!

Better Baseball via the Dollar Store!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    glad they did something, low risk move, cant hurt

vCash
    Perpetual Pedro!

vCash
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ml...or-league-deal

The Mets have signed reliever Pedro Feliciano to a minor-league contract, the team announced.

The 36-year-old lefty spent the last two seasons in the Yankees' minor-league system, never throwing a pitch for the major-league club. Feliciano tore a capsule in his throwing shoulder with the team, and had rotator-cuff surgery in September 2011. He has thrown only 10 1/3 professional innings over the last two years.

Feliciano pitched in the Puerto Rican Winter League this offseason, giving up one run in 7 1/3 innings, good for a 1.23 ERA. Feliciano's contract comes with an invitation to major-league spring training, where he'll try to regain a spot on the Mets' roster. Feliciano led the league in appearances from 2008 to 2010. In eight seasons with the Mets, Feliciano had a 3.31 ERA and a 3.71 FIP in 372 1/3 career innings.
    Not a bad move, works well for depth and who knows maybe Feliciano comes back effective.

He was never a guy who had to throw hard to get guys out and i always liked him.

The back to back arm injuries scare me a bit but he did pitch well in the Puerto Rican leagues this winter and in the end he still stole 8 million dollars from the Yankees

vCash
    WORLD FUGGIN' SERIES BABY! IM SO THRILLED!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ml...or-league-deal

Not a bad move, works well for depth and who knows maybe Feliciano comes back effective.

He was never a guy who had to throw hard to get guys out and i always liked him.

The back to back arm injuries scare me a bit but he did pitch well in the Puerto Rican leagues this winter and in the end he still stole 8 million dollars from the Yankees
    He stole $8 million from the Yankees and now he's cheap. The latter is the sole reason why he is now back in the Mets organization.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    He stole $8 million from the Yankees and now he's cheap. The latter is the sole reason why he is now back in the Mets organization.
    I am not arguing the reason they brought him in, i am just stating why he could still be a useful asset.

Certain LHRP can go forever.

We know that from Jesse Orosco and a more current example Darren Oliver.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-21-2013 at 03:11 PM.

vCash
    Most of the remaining FA relievers are going to come into teams on minor league deals though now that i think about it.

vCash
    I've been saying they should do this.

Very glad they did. Can never have enough leftys and he's just a guy who know how to pitch.

vCash
    Most of the remaining FA relievers are going to come into teams on minor league deals though now that i think about it.
    True, because most 40-man rosters are set. And, signing a reliever with a medical risk to a MLB contract would require removing someone from the 40-man.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    I am not arguing the reason they brought him in, i am just stating why he could still be a useful asset.

Certain LHRP can go forever.

We know that from Jesse Orosco and a more current example Darren Oliver.
    Correct.

And if he doesn't, no big deal. The problem is it is hard to draw to an inside straight.

vCash
    Less than a month from pitchers and catchers and still no major league free agents signed.

And no, I'm not inviting the reflex "well who would you sign" rebuttal. I'm actually in awe of a major league organization being able to pull this off.
    Go Grab My Belt

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Less than a month from pitchers and catchers and still no major league free agents signed.

And no, I'm not inviting the reflex "well who would you sign" rebuttal. I'm actually in awe of a major league organization being able to pull this off.
    That's why they've been known as the "Amazin Mets". They never cease to amaze.

My First Choice For Shortstop

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    I like the move because he at least has had some major league success.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast