Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    It's alright guys... I mean I was only a starting safety in division II college football in the 90's. I know it's not the NFL or division I, but it's still a hell of a lot further than any of you ever got in football. So yeah, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. I think some of you are misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm NOT saying tackling/wrapping up by the knees is bad. Nate Clements (for you 49er fans) was so good at chopping down guys with the ball and he was a great tackler. That's fine. What I'm saying Goldson does is completely different than what you guys think I'm saying. When a receiver is catching and turning, coming at that angle, he is defenseless and the safety hits his knee from the side, causing it to pin, while his body is turning in another direction. That's totally different than "tackling by the legs" and stuff that goldenstater is referring to.

As a player, I never liked anyone have their knees blown out and that includes players on the other team. As a 3 time starter at the college level and 5 years of playing college (redshirted my freshman, but sitting out that first year allowed me get a full ride scholarship by my 3rd year after earning it in my 2nd year) I chose to never hit defenseless receivers in the knees. I was 6'0 and 215 (average size divisionII safety) and I always laid them out in the chest/mid section. I was flagged for some unnecessary roughness penalties, I can't lie, but they were all above the chest area. You're just going to have to accept the fact that since Goldson is a repeat offender of this kind of tackling MULTIPLE times, he knows he's blown out knees and injured receivers when he's hit them low, yet he continues to do it. I love Goldson and he is, in my opinion, the hardest hitting safety in the league....WAY over Kam Chancellor, that's for sure. His hits on Doucette, Hernandez (which was a terrible call), Mike Williams, and many other licks he's laid over the years have been fine. He should do that EVERY time and not purposely target a defenseless receiver coming down in the knee area when he knows he's blown out knees before.

So yeah, coming from a safety who actually played at the college level, I know what I'm talking about. You can go ahead and say "well it wasn't division 1" or stuff like that, but I guarantee I got further than either of you in football. Earned a full ride by my 3rd year after redshirting as a freshmen and played in the Big Sky conference for 5 years. Team co-captain my last year, 106 tackles in an 11 game season, so I've done my fair share of tackling. Those were the good days, football was life. Wake up at 6am, Be with the team by 7 for breakfast, then early morning workouts, sometimes weight sessions depending on which days, hit the film room for a few hours, class, practice field, finish the afternoon/evening with more class, study/homework, study the gameplan, go to sleep by 10. Do it all again the next day.
    you actually make a really good point. However i dont think goldson's sole intentions are to blow the guys knee out. I understand your point though. He knows he has injured players before down low and players have voiced their opinions about it and he continues to do it. I dont think its him purposely trying to blow knees out, but he definitely doesnt care that he has blown out knees if he continues to do it. some people will consider that dirty, some will not. It is what it is, but you do make a valid point.

vCash
    So yeah, coming from a safety who actually played at the college level, I know what I'm talking about. You can go ahead and say "well it wasn't division 1" or stuff like that, but I guarantee I got further than either of you in football. Earned a full ride by my 3rd year after redshirting as a freshmen and played in the Big Sky conference for 5 years. Team co-captain my last year, 106 tackles in an 11 game season, so I've done my fair share of tackling. Those were the good days, football was life. Wake up at 6am, Be with the team by 7 for breakfast, then early morning workouts, sometimes weight sessions depending on which days, hit the film room for a few hours, class, practice field, finish the afternoon/evening with more class, study/homework, study the gameplan, go to sleep by 10. Do it all again the next day. Wake up at 6am, Be with the team by 7 for breakfast, then early morning workouts, sometimes weight sessions depending on which days, hit the film room for a few hours, class, practice field, finish the afternoon/evening with more class, study/homework, study the gameplan, go to sleep by 10. Do it all again the next day.
    damn thats intense. that really is the life though. i didnt play college, but i played high school for a section powerhouse d1 HS. We had to lift weights in the morning before school, then went to class for 6 hours, then went to practice, went home, studied, then went to sleep. Not as intense as college but i have somewhat of a feel of what you are talking about. its a grind! and division 1 is still big time. playing a major sport like football at any college level is big time. its tough to get a scholarship.

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash
    It's alright guys... I mean I was only a starting safety in division II college football in the 90's. I know it's not the NFL or division I, but it's still a hell of a lot further than any of you ever got in football. So yeah, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. I think some of you are misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm NOT saying tackling/wrapping up by the knees is bad. Nate Clements (for you 49er fans) was so good at chopping down guys with the ball and he was a great tackler. That's fine. What I'm saying Goldson does is completely different than what you guys think I'm saying. When a receiver is catching and turning, coming at that angle, he is defenseless and the safety hits his knee from the side, causing it to pin, while his body is turning in another direction. That's totally different than "tackling by the legs" and stuff that goldenstater is referring to.

As a player, I never liked anyone have their knees blown out and that includes players on the other team. As a 3 time starter at the college level and 5 years of playing college (redshirted my freshman, but sitting out that first year allowed me get a full ride scholarship by my 3rd year after earning it in my 2nd year) I chose to never hit defenseless receivers in the knees. I was 6'0 and 215 (average size divisionII safety) and I always laid them out in the chest/mid section. I was flagged for some unnecessary roughness penalties, I can't lie, but they were all above the chest area. You're just going to have to accept the fact that since Goldson is a repeat offender of this kind of tackling MULTIPLE times, he knows he's blown out knees and injured receivers when he's hit them low, yet he continues to do it. I love Goldson and he is, in my opinion, the hardest hitting safety in the league....WAY over Kam Chancellor, that's for sure. His hits on Doucette, Hernandez (which was a terrible call), Mike Williams, and many other licks he's laid over the years have been fine. He should do that EVERY time and not purposely target a defenseless receiver coming down in the knee area when he knows he's blown out knees before.

So yeah, coming from a safety who actually played at the college level, I know what I'm talking about. You can go ahead and say "well it wasn't division 1" or stuff like that, but I guarantee I got further than either of you in football. Earned a full ride by my 3rd year after redshirting as a freshmen and played in the Big Sky conference for 5 years. Team co-captain my last year, 106 tackles in an 11 game season, so I've done my fair share of tackling. Those were the good days, football was life. Wake up at 6am, Be with the team by 7 for breakfast, then early morning workouts, sometimes weight sessions depending on which days, hit the film room for a few hours, class, practice field, finish the afternoon/evening with more class, study/homework, study the gameplan, go to sleep by 10. Do it all again the next day.
    Back when I played in the NFL blah blah blah. Who cares what you "say"...You also say Goldson is overrated, you say he tries to hurt players...so what you do say, means crap. Goldson tackles low, why? Because if you go high you get a reputation on you for being dirty and a head hunter, oh and you get fined $50,000. So Goldson doesn't go high and he goes low. Do players get hurt by it? Yea. So should Goldson just not hit the guy? Should he just run up to him and tickle him? I mean, I'm asking the big shot Division II player here. I'm sure you ran up, picked the guy up and walked him to the sideline...GTFO of here
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Is Russel meeting Andrew and Robert at the bar for the superbowl?

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Is Russel meeting Andrew and Robert at the bar for the superbowl?
    Rodgers too

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789