Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    They may have given up a lot of yards per game, but they were 9th in the league in PPG and 2nd in takeaways.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Their pass D was a joke, lets give not credit where not credit is due.
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Brady won't be there forever, have to build the D now for down the road when Mallet or someone else takes over. People like to say a good TE is the safety blanket for a young QB, but I'd say a strong D is the nightlight and baseball bat in case the monster comes out from under the bed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    They may have given up a lot of yards per game, but they were 9th in the league in PPG and 2nd in takeaways.
    True. PPG is probably the most important thing. But having a defense that simply can't off the field is terrible. Try playing offense on a team like that.

vCash
    he was never a good defensive coach

he piggybacked off of parcells draft picks and rode that for gravy train for years

without tom brady belichick is nothing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post

he piggybacked off of parcells draft picks and rode that for gravy train for years
    The most ill-informed post of all-time. Absolutley 100% off

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Well, since 2007, 2008 the Patriots have been turning over their defense. Getting younger. Replacing the Bruschi's, Vrables, Harrisons and Seymoures of the world with youth. During that time they have had seasons of 12, 13 and 14 wins. In the 2010 (14 wins) and 2011 (13 wins) seasons, they, defensibly weren't that good a team. It is a surprise really that the offense could overpower teams that easily. It is a further surprise that they made the play-offs at all.

This year, this 12 win team was better. They have infused the defense with youth that should hopefully get better. surely, they have some holes, but they have some pieces as well.

Essentially, the Patriots went through a rebuilding process, not by falling to 2, 3 and 4 wins season but by putting together 12, 13 and 14 win seasons.

Impressive really.
    Even more impressive when you consider they play 6 games a year agaonst perennial power houuses like Buffalo, Miami and New York.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    Even more impressive when you consider they play 6 games a year agaonst perennial power houuses like Buffalo, Miami and New York.
    True enough. I never considered giving them more value or credit than they deserve. Those victories must be worth 2 each.

vCash
    The main reason that the pats d and many other teams d and d overall in the nfl is suffering is because of the peyton manning passing rules put into effect in 2004(they like to call it rules emphasis changes). If you look at how how many of belichick's schemes were designed they relied on the ability of the lbs and secondary to play physical with receivers. Under today's rules you can't do it or coordinators won't call it very much. The nfl has basically fixed the rules where if qb calls the right play he can drop back and the wrs will catch the ball on time. The ability to throw the ball in the old nfl(before the peyton manning passing rules) is what separted qbs from other qbs. Now almost any qb can throw 4000 and slot receivers(who used to the 3rd wr in most offenses because they could not plays on corners on the outside) are highly regarded. Its a sad state that the nfl is in if you saw it before 2004.

vCash

troll much?

vCash
    Worse secondary in the league

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    I don't have much to say, but what's going on with the Patriots defense?

From 2001-2007 they were consistently very good and at times flat out dominant. I thought the coach was a defensive guru. The defense really is Bill's baby. Whats happening?
    Model your team after Peyton's Colts, expect the same results. That's what the Patriots are now... a great regular season team that gets exposed every year in the playoffs. So basically Colts 2.0.
    Last edited by DRS172; 01-22-2013 at 12:27 AM.

vCash
    Turns out replacing Richard Seymour is a muh, even with Vince Wilfork. I want them to have a great defense again so Wilfork can retire as the GOAT at NT, which he's climbing towards.

vCash
    NE may have started rebuilding the D in 08, but they did a terrible job of it until 2010.

3 of their defensive starters were rookies (Jones, Hightower, Dennard). Another 3 of them were third year players (McCourty, Spikes, Love). One was a midseason acquisition (Talib). One was an offseason signing in his first year with the team (Gregory). Ninkovich has been in the NFL a while, but he's only been a regular on D for a few seasons.

Mayo and Wilfork are the only starters on D that I would say have reached their peak as players. I expect all the other starters (Ninko might have peaked too, in fact he might regress but we'll see) to be better next season.

Their rebuilding has taken longer because they did so without any young building blocks. They pretty much just flushed the whole thing over in a couple of years so they're starting from scratch, as opposed to adding a better scheme to a team that struggled but had a lot of talent in place (i.e. Houston).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash

What rubbish.

BB won two SB's for the D first Giants - as the DC.

BB is the one who put together the heart of the D with his first 3 #1 picks: Seymour, Warren, and Wilfork (two of them going to the HOF). He's the one who brought in Harrison. He's the one that brought in little used Vrabel and made him a star. He's the one who cut out defenders that tried to hijack the Pats, and was right every time but one.

Then he sees the impact of the Colts driven changes on pass D, and turns on a dime and deals spit for Moss and Wilfork and puts together by far the greatest offensive scoring machine in NFL history over a 6 year period.

Envious much? Must be to explain that nonsensical post.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-22-2013 at 08:00 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast