Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Patriots Free Agents

Here is a list of free agents and according to Spotrac this was their 2012 salary.

who should they target, sign and let walk? How much are they worth to keep?

Try to look at it in the context of building a roster. Consider money and value!

link - free agents

link - cap hit

Code:
    Player	Pos	Status	2012 Dollars
    Julian Edelman	WR	UFA	 $519,982.00 
    Aqib Talib	CB	UFA	 $1,689,375.00 
    Sebastian Vollmer	T	UFA	 $980,000.00 
    Wes Welker	WR	UFA	 $9,515,000.00 
    Kyle Arrington	CB	UFA	 $2,150,000.00 
    Ron Brace	DT	UFA	 $1,370,120.00 
    Deion Branch	WR	UFA	 $925,000.00 
    Patrick Chung	S	RFA	 $1,173,120.00 
    Marquice Cole	CB	UFA	 $650,000.00 
    James Develin	RB	UFA	 $465,000.00 
    Marcus Harrison	DT	UFA	 $623,120.00 
    Michael Hoomanawanui	TE	UFA	 $540,000.00 
    Niko Koutouvides	LB	UFA	 $540,000.00 
    Derrick Martin	CB	UFA	 $540,000.00 
    Nick McDonald	G	RFA	 $540,000.00 
    Trevor Scott	DE	UFA	 $1,150,000.00 
    Donald Thomas	G	UFA	 $750,000.00 
    Tracy White	LB	UFA	 $990,000.00 
    Danny Woodhead	RB	UFA	 $899,788.00 
    Dane Fletcher	LB	RFA	 $873,333.00 
    Will Allen	S	UFA	 $960,000.00 
    James Richard	G	UFA	 $700,000.00 
    Donte Stallworth	WR	UFA	 $825,000.00 
    Jake Ballard	TE	RFA	 $540,000.00 
    Myron Pryor	DT	UFA	 $592,870.00 

Total 2012			 $30,501,708.00

vCash
    Keep (if price is right):

Edelman
    Talib
    Hoomanawanui
    Woodhead
    Stallworth
    Ballard

Keep at all costs:

Vollmer

Let Go:

Everyone else

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    Wonder if what welker will ask for.. 3/30? 18 mill guaranteed?

vCash
    Vollmer absolutey - Bookends your line for years

Talib absolutely - He is exactly what they need and proved it, huge difference when he went out, he and Denard are better together than any Pats combo for the last 5 years. We need that hole filled.

Welker absolutely - Why? I know he has had a few drops but who wouldn't given the volume. Who is a tougher slot. What team's #1 receiver returns punts. Who picks up the Pats offense right away. It's going to depend on who wants to pay a ton to a slot.

Edelman and Woodhead - If there is any way to sign them I like them both and they have good value in the system. They if healthy should be the returners not your starting slot and safety. Edelman could be real good in the slot if he stays healthy and Woodhead is at his best on 3rd down. Vereen has shown alot but I don't think this is the time to let Edelman or Woodhead go.
    Last edited by captmike; 01-21-2013 at 01:27 PM.

vCash
    I think Talib needs to be the main focus. Our secondary is so much better when he plays.

Welker, hopefully we can sign to a 2-3 year deal. Anymore years than that and the contract needs to be super front loaded.

Vollumer has proven he's very good when healthy, so I think he needs to be resigned.

I wouldn't mind Arrington back for cheap, but I wouldn't be upset to see him gone. He's actually rather good at playing the slot.

Edelman is another priority. He's developing into quite a nice player.

Woodhead will get overpaid by someone else. Vareen is better than him anyways.

I think Hooman and Ballard should be resigned to give us depth at TE, because one of the two starters is always hurt it seems.

Fletcher is an RFA so I can almost guarantee he'll be back, which is good. He's a solid backup and a good special teamer.

vCash
    Hopefully 2 out of Welker, Talib, and Vollmer can be brought back. I think one of them gets the axe.

I would like to bring Chung back. This is a great safety class and he will be overlooked. If he's willing to come back as a primary backup, as a LB/S combo I'd be fine. I think our run defense took a hit when he was out.

I'd keep Fletcher, Niko, Scott, McDonald, Hooma and whoever else is a really good ST from the scrubs.

Edelman is interesting. I think it'd be wise to keep him as insurance for our slot.

Arrington Brace Branch all gone.

vCash
    Hopefully they dont tie too much money in Talib, just because he was a good on and off he field for two months doesnt mean he is a new man. Tread those waters carefully.
    The name is Amendola....

...Danny Amendola

vCash
    Keep:
    Edelman
    Talib
    Vollmer
    Thomas
    Hoomanawanui
    Koutouvides
    Woodhead
    Ballard

Get rid of everyone else, cut Fells as well.

vCash
    Ballard will be a nice piece to the team next year

10. 01-21-2013, 04:49 PM
    Reason
    duplicate account

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penis View Post
    I want Danny Amendola.
    I cant get over your username

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penis View Post
    I want Danny Amendola.
    Nice username and I wouldn't mind...but he's not very durable. Brian Hartline intrigues me.

vCash
    An article on some of the top Patriots FAs:

link

Previewing Patriots' top free agents
    January, 21, 2013
    Jan 21
    3:30
    PM ET
    By James Walker | ESPN.com

Pro Bowl receiver Wes Welker obviously is the biggest name. But that's not the only key player the reigning AFC East champion New England Patriots could lose in free agency.

Here is an early look at New England's top players who are scheduled to hit the open market this offseason:

Aqib Talib, cornerback

2012 stats: 19 tackles, one interception, one touchdown

Analysis: Talib will be a very interesting case for the Patriots. He was a good midseason addition to New England's defense. The Patriots acquired Talib in a trade with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who wanted to get rid of the often-troubled corner. But Talib was a model citizen for several months in New England, and the Patriots must decide if that is enough to warrant offering him a long-term contract. On the field, Talib was easily New England's best cornerback. It was obvious when the Patriots’ pass coverage fell apart following Talib’s first-quarter injury in Sunday’s playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens. The Patriots need Talib or another corner of his caliber in the secondary, or it could be another long year for the pass defense.

Sebastian Vollmer, right tackle

2012 stats: 15 starts

Analysis: Vollmer is one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He is extremely steady and does an excellent job protecting the front side for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Vollmer also is tough and plays through pain. I think he’s the best right tackle in the AFC East. Vollmer has been a bargain find for the Patriots and he deservedly will look to get a sizable raise this offseason. New England must consider his injury history before committing to him with a long-term contract.

Julian Edelman, wide receiver

2012 stats: 21 receptions, 235 yards, three touchdowns

Analysis: The Patriots could have an interesting cat-and-mouse game in free agency with Edelman and Welker. These are New England’s best slot receivers, and the Patriots need to bring one back in the fold. However, the team may use one player against the other in order to get the best value in free agency. Most likely, the Patriots will re-sign Edelman because he is younger and much cheaper. Edelman split time with Welker in the slot this year and did pretty well. Edelman also is great on special teams. Welker had 112 receptions last year and made $9.5 million. His asking price could be too much for the Patriots.

Patrick Chung, safety

2012 stats: 44 tackles, two interceptions

Analysis: Chung was a disappointment this season. He continued dealing with injuries and was not consistent in pass coverage. The Patriots kept waiting for Chung to stay healthy and turn the corner, but he never developed into the playmaking safety they envisioned. In a contract year, Chung slid down the depth chart behind converted corner Devin McCourty and veteran Steve Gregory. It’s probably best for Chung and the Patriots to part ways.

Danny Woodhead, running back

2012 stats: 301 rushing yards, four touchdowns

Analysis: Woodhead is the type of player the Patriots like. He’s dependable and won’t make many mistakes. Woodhead has proved to be a valuable backup behind tailbacks Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen. Woodhead also will come relatively cheap. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the Patriots bring him back with a team-friendly contract.

Kyle Arrington, cornerback

2012 stats: 74 tackles

Analysis: Arrington may have played his last game as a Patriot. He has good hands, as evidenced by his seven interceptions in 2011. But Arrington struggles mightily in man-to-man coverage. Often, Arrington was a liability this season that the Patriots tried to hide. New England played a lot of zone before the Talib trade and moved Arrington to the slot after the trade. Arrington also failed to step up when Talib was injured in Sunday’s AFC title game. The Patriots need better cover corners.

Deion Branch, wide receiver

2012 stats: 16 receptions, 145 yards

Analysis: Branch is at the point of his career where he won’t be a priority for the Patriots, but he’s usually on the waiting list. I don’t expect New England to re-sign Branch early in the offseason. He may get a job somewhere else. But the Patriots would only bring him back next season if they need his leadership. Branch doesn't bring much value in terms of production at this stage in his career. New England needs to find youth and athleticism at receiver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    Keep (if price is right):

Edelman
    Talib
    Hoomanawanui
    Woodhead
    Stallworth
    Ballard

Keep at all costs:

Vollmer

Let Go:

Everyone else
    ? Stallworth is done

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Hopefully 2 out of Welker, Talib, and Vollmer can be brought back. I think one of them gets the axe.

I would like to bring Chung back. This is a great safety class and he will be overlooked. If he's willing to come back as a primary backup, as a LB/S combo I'd be fine. I think our run defense took a hit when he was out.

I'd keep Fletcher, Niko, Scott, McDonald, Hooma and whoever else is a really good ST from the scrubs.

Edelman is interesting. I think it'd be wise to keep him as insurance for our slot.

Arrington Brace Branch all gone.
    100% Chung will be gone

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    I cant get over your username
    Can smegma be far behind?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast