Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    LOL RP...I am not falling for either one Nassib nor Dysert. We simply DO NOT need a QB right now. Our picks should be spent of defense and OL period. The draft is deep at these positions we need to net a bunch of fish instead of going for that one trophy marlin that may or may not pan out.
    We shall see wolfeeeee. We shall see

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    While I wouldn't take a QB in the first couple/three rounds, I'd have no problem using a 4th on one if the right guy fell. I think its a smart strategy to consistently take late flyers on intriguing skill guys.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    We shall see wolfeeeee. We shall see
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    While I wouldn't take a QB in the first couple/three rounds, I'd have no problem using a 4th on one if the right guy fell. I think its a smart strategy to consistently take late flyers on intriguing skill guys.

-Stork
    I do too. But not this year. We need to draft to our 'needs' right now and we 'needs' a lot. Next year with a full draft and maybe more, we can afford to gamble a pick or two.

vCash
    LOL

I do too. But not this year. We need to draft to our 'needs' right now and we 'needs' a lot. Next year with a full draft and maybe more, we can afford to gamble a pick or two.
    Very funny. Also true.

I have to say, I have gone back and re-watched Terrell Pryor's start against San Diego. Bizarre as it might seem, I thought TP was impressive in all aspects... except arm strength.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Pryor doesn't seem to have a big arm.

Regardless, he might have a future in the NFL as a QB. With 'real' needs across the board, the Raiders shouldn't use a draft pick on a QB unless some sort of extraordinary value pops up.

Pryor is the #2 next year, and potentially, the long-term option to start, similar to Colin Kaepernick.
    Last edited by Shred003; 01-22-2013 at 01:17 PM.

vCash
    The roster won't be rebuilt with this draft alone. With that in mind, I'd like McKenzie to draft the best player available regardless of position.

vCash
    I don't pay attention to the draft process until the Senior Bowl. There's too much going on in the NFL, and three months of buildup to the NFL Draft is plenty for me.

That makes this week's practices in Mobile, Ala., my first chance to go to school on a lot of these prospects. Before I worked at NFL.com, I used to watch all the Senior Bowl practices on NFL Network, take some notes and hope I learned a few things by osmosis from Mike Mayock. There's no reason I should stop the habit now.

1. Seven seniors skipped the event. Mayock has the biggest problem with three of them: West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith, Wisconsin running back Montee Ball and Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro.

Mayock said Smith is mistaken if he thinks he's already locked in as the top senior quarterback and destined for the top 10.

2. Standout early player at the Senior Bowl: Central Michigan tackle Eric Fisher. Mayock and NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah called him a sure-fire first-round pick that moves well. Jeremiah said he could be in the top 10, and Mayock wasn't ready to rule out Fisher as the top tackle in the draft. (Some folks think Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel could be the first overall pick. But it's very, very early.)

3. I already wrote about Mayock's remarks how 3-4 quarterbacks could get taken in the first round. Most of them are probably at the Senior Bowl. Miami of Ohio's Zac Dysert hasn't received a lot of publicity, but Mayock sees him right in the mix with other known names like N.C. State's Mike Glennon. Dysert has good movement skills and can throw on the run well. Glennon has a huge arm, but has struggled with accuracy. This isn't a class that has a quarterback with a similar skill set to Robert Griffin III or Russell Wilson.

4. Mayock compared Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib to Andy Dalton and Kirk Cousins because of Nassib's intelligence and love of the game. Nassib doesn't have a huge arm, but "can make all the throws." Why does that not get me excited?

5. Best nickname: SMU defensive end Margus Hunt, from Estonia, is called "The Eastern Block." (The athletic 6-foot-8 player had 17 blocked kicks in college.)

It's too early in the week to talk about "risers" from the week. The pads come on Tuesday. Practices air on NFL Network from 2-4 p.m. ET. We'll do these takeaways again Wednesday morning.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-no-geno-smith

vCash
    'Standout early player at the Senior Bowl: Central Michigan tackle Eric Fisher. Mayock and NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah called him a sure-fire first-round pick that moves well. Jeremiah said he could be in the top 10, and Mayock wasn't ready to rule out Fisher as the top tackle in the draft. (Some folks think Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel could be the first overall pick. But it's very, very early.)'

Eric Fisher is a beast and is very quick for a guy his size.got a feeling our coach's will fall in love with him.We do need another OT.I see in Practice on NFL Network the Raiders coach's have got him at RT.
    Last edited by PHIL MAGROIN; 01-22-2013 at 02:46 PM.

vCash

-Stork
    Especially if it's a compensatory pick for Routt

Reggie's Rebuild!!

vCash

-Stork
    Exactly the route to take if taking a QB at all

vCash
    A few things I've gathered from the first 2 north squad practices:
    -Eric Fischer looks like the best player at the first two senior bowl practices; shutting down Alex Okafor, one of the top DE prospects, in pass-pro 1-on-1s. Really impressive when your consider that the drill tends to favor defensive players.
    -Brain Winters is my #2 OL at the senior bowl so far. Looks like he'll be a guard. He has everything you want in a guard, very good athlete for the position and a serious mean streak
    -Will Davis has disappointed me, I thought he'd show up and be on par with the top CBs.
    -Poyer and Tufant really showed up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL MAGROIN View Post

Mayock compared Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib to Andy Dalton and Kirk Cousins because of Nassib's intelligence and love of the game. Nassib doesn't have a huge arm, but "can make all the throws
    ]
    Wouldn`t it be nice to have a qb, who can make ALL the throws. I expect to see Nassib play the 3rd and 4th quarter, closing this game out.

vCash

2013 Senior Bowl Practice Day 1

44 minutes and 54 seconds of the first days practice courtesy of NFL Network.Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiZM3sjK0ys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
    A few things I've gathered from the first 2 north squad practices:
    -Eric Fischer looks like the best player at the first two senior bowl practices; shutting down Alex Okafor, one of the top DE prospects, in pass-pro 1-on-1s. Really impressive when your consider that the drill tends to favor defensive players.
    -Brain Winters is my #2 OL at the senior bowl so far. Looks like he'll be a guard. He has everything you want in a guard, very good athlete for the position and a serious mean streak

-Will Davis has disappointed me, I thought he'd show up and be on par with the top CBs.
    -Poyer and Tufant really showed up.
    After watching I totally agree dude.Fisher was Impressive and Winters was a pleasant surprise.
    Last edited by PHIL MAGROIN; 01-22-2013 at 05:58 PM.

vCash
    LOL
    We need to draft to our 'needs' right now and we 'needs' a lot. Next year with a full draft and maybe more, we can afford to gamble a pick or two.
    This sounds like we are a playoff team and "need" a position to be filled to take it to the next level. We need an upgrade at every position. So if RM and DA finally decides they think their QB is in this draft, I would be happy with that decision. Defense sucks, but there is not one position that is good to go (Palmer's age gets in the way of him being a factor down the line when our "rebuilt" team is ready to go, so that position is a lame duck until it is filled with who RM believes is the guy to take the team to the SB).

McGOAT

vCash
    We have a ton of needs, we need a QB.

We need a QB. Building the other positions is so much easier when you have a real face at the QB position.

We need a QB,please.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast