Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    The deal is not done. The offer has been accepted by the Maloofs, nothing more. Anyone with half a brain knew this was going to happen soon, even before Sacramento had time to get their proposal in order. Everything is still pending BoG approval, and Sacramento still has a chance(and I will believe that until Stern or KJ say otherwise). Woj is a good reporter, but he can neither tell the future, nor does he speak for the NBA or its owners. I know he's just reporting what he hears from reliable sources, but people are starting to count their chickens before they hatch. Anyone remember Anaheim?
    You can never give up because quitting is not an option. No matter how dark it is or how weak you get, until you take that last breath, you must fight.
    -Wayman Tisdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsPhillies View Post
    The deal is not done. The offer has been accepted by the Maloofs, nothing more. Anyone with half a brain knew this was going to happen soon, even before Sacramento had time to get their proposal in order. Everything is still pending BoG approval, and Sacramento still has a chance(and I will believe that until Stern or KJ say otherwise). Woj is a good reporter, but he can neither tell the future, nor does he speak for the NBA or its owners. I know he's just reporting what he hears from reliable sources, but people are starting to count their chickens before they hatch. Anyone remember Anaheim?
    Yea but the Lakers and Clippers did not want this to happen nobody blocking a Seattle move.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    so if this goes down are kings fans still gonna support this team?
    I think I speak for most Kings fans when I say this: If the NBA drags us through this B.S., giving us hope, only to rip the team from us when we've done EVERYTHING they've asked of us(finding local owners, getting a funded arena plan in place, showing up in droves at relevant meetings)...then the entire NBA can go **** themselves!

The Kings will no longer exist, so why should I root for a team to which I no longer have any ties? Sure, the players would be the same, but it would still make me sick to even see it. It'd be like cheering on some dude while he bangs my ex-wife.

edit: I would also like to add the fact that local investors have been inquiring about the availability of the team for YEARS, only to receive the same answer ad nauseam about the team not being for sale, and how it never will be for sale. And then, out of the blue, they cut a back-room deal with another city? We were NEVER give a single chance to try to purchase and keep the team here in Sacramento, which was(and still is) 100% possible and viable. It was always an option, and they insisted on turning their noses up at it. They're setting a dangerous precedent in the NBA with this deal. And if this is how they're going to do business, then I for one want no part in it. I'll spend my time and money elsewhere, thank you very much.
    Last edited by KingsPhillies; 01-21-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    You can never give up because quitting is not an option. No matter how dark it is or how weak you get, until you take that last breath, you must fight.
    -Wayman Tisdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ChrisDaniels5/st...77555367612416

To those that don't want to believe the Yahoo guy this is straight from the Maloofs.
    I really don't think that the Maloofs selling to Seattle was ever in question. They hate KJ for forcing them to reveal themselves for the double-crossing pieces of **** that they are, and they seem to have a vendetta against the city of Sacramento despite everything being their fault.

Sacramento's hopes have always rested in the ability of KJ to get a local ownership group together with an arena deal and present that to the NBA. The NBA has final say, so even though it doesn't look good, it isn't over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    so if this goes down are kings fans still gonna support this team?
    Not sure what I'm going to do. If the Kings were moving to a city that didn't already have a team with its own history and fanbase, I'd stay with them. But, it doesn't feel right being a fan of Seattle. It's a totally different franchise just like any other franchise in the NBA. It'd be like randomly deciding to switch to being a Bucks fan or something. Also, it's not a popular opinion, but I don't respect when people only like a team because they're local. Basically, every "new" fan will be because of that. My philosophy is that there is a right team for everybody. It could be the local team, or it could be thousands of miles away like the Kings are for me. Regardless though, I'm attached to the Kings and will need to seriously think about if I want to even be a fan of a team at all anymore. I've had secondary teams in the past (76ers were the first team I liked because of Iverson), but the connection isn't the same.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Yea but the Lakers and Clippers did not want this to happen nobody blocking a Seattle move.
    That's a pretty bold assumption to make. No one on here has any idea the opinions of every single NBA owner. Just because someone isn't actively blocking the deal doesn't mean it's 100% certain that this has the full backing of the BoG.
    -Wayman Tisdale

vCash
    Cuban supposedly was against it last time, too.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    So if St. Louis or Tampa Bay or KC came in with a Good offer the NBA would listen.

Northeast Nets/Knicks/Celtics/Raptors
    Altantic 76ERS/Wizards/Bobcats
    Centraleast Indiana/Detroit/Cavs
    Southeast Pelicans/Magic/Heat/Hawks

Central Bulls/Bucks/Minnesota
    Midwest OKC/Denver/Memphis
    Texas Dallas/Houston/Spurs
    West Portland/Seattle/Utah/Suns
    California Lakers/Clippers/Warriors

vCash
    **** the Maloofs. Ruined that franchise.

vCash
    Assuming this happens (which it's increasingly looking like it might), I feel very happy for the Seattle fans, and very bad for the Kings fans.

Seattle never deserved to lose the Sonics, and Sacramento never deserved owners like the Maloofs.

It's just a cluster for both cities in terms of how they lost their franchises, and it's unfortunate that the Sacramento fans are just getting the perpetual shaft from the Maloofs year in and year out.

I don't blame OKC or Seattle for fighting for a NBA team. I blame the previous ownership groups for throwing their cities and fan bases under the bus.

vCash
    Great to see Seattle possibly getting their team back.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    wow!!! I can't believe this!!! This is the problem with sports being a business, I have always said that the fans are at the expense of the franchises business interests and it's not right. Too many emotions and family traditions laced with sports franchises to just up and move them when it's profitable to do so.

That being said, the real tragedy here as a non fan for me is having to associate sfgiants5518 with the general trash that is the Seattle fanbase.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    stein

holy ****! they get to keep 35% and they make 525mil!!!!
    Chris Hansen, the 'To Catch a Predator' guy?
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    I can't believe some of you are thinking the precedent is being set in the NBA with this news. The precedent was set 5 years ago when Clay Bennett stole the Sonics.

If you're surprised by the NBA allowing the Seattle investors to buy the Kings and move them to Seattle, then you were completely oblivious to what happened half a decade ago.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    I can't believe some of you are thinking the precedent is being set in the NBA with this news. The precedent was set 5 years ago when Clay Bennett stole the Sonics.

If you're surprised by the NBA allowing the Seattle investors to buy the Kings and move them to Seattle, then you were completely oblivious to what happened half a decade ago.
    Seriously the only 2 owners that voted no on moving the Sonics were Marc Cuban (coolest owner ever) and Paul Allen... The guy who owns the Seahawks. And we had proof that Clay had bought the team with every intention of moving it, even though he pretended otherwise.

I feel bad for Sac fans. Especially since the closest they got to the title was a series they got robbed in, and if I had my way we'd get an expansion team, but considering fans already complain there are too many teams... Highly doubtful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    wow!!! I can't believe this!!! This is the problem with sports being a business, I have always said that the fans are at the expense of the franchises business interests and it's not right. Too many emotions and family traditions laced with sports franchises to just up and move them when it's profitable to do so.

That being said, the real tragedy here as a non fan for me is having to associate sfgiants5518 with the general trash that is the Seattle fanbase.

Haven't like 8 people died in San Fran sports games in the last 2 years?

Lol I guess I'll take my "trash" fan base over yours any day.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast