Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore Ravens

9 16.07%
  • San Francisco 49ers

47 83.93%
Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If the Smiths and Brooks can't get going on Sunday, we're in a world of hurt...

We didn't tag Ryan... we only *legitimately* tagged Rodgers once and he takes sacks in bunches. If you give Flacco all the time in the world to let Smith and Quan get down the field... at the rate our defense has been giving up the big play... it's going to be a long game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    Stop Ray Rice and we win. Make Flacco throw 35+ times and we win.
    Have you been watching the Ravens lately?

Out of RBs with at least 10 postseason attempts, Rice is 12th out of 16... just edging out Denver's Ronnie Hillman, at a modest 3.9 yards/carry. His buddy, Bernard Pearce, is running the ball extremely effectively, and ranks #1 in this category at 6.3

I fear we're going to get eaten alive by the Ray Rice swing passes, which would come as part of mistake free Joe Flacco (8 TDs, 0 INTs) throwing 35+/game ... and would contribute to opening up that downfield shot we've become suceptible to...
    Last edited by GoBruins17; 01-29-2013 at 10:29 PM.

vCash
    Stop the running game. Get my drift?

You sound really paranoid.

vCash
    Stop the running game. Get my drift?

You sound really paranoid.
    I'm not, I'm stating facts about this postseason. I'm telling you that Ray Rice running the ball has hardly been the problem for teams. Your hope is that they give us a heavy dose of what has been making them successful. It would be like the Ravens watching Green Bay's game and being like:

"Play man coverage all the way and force Kaepernick to beat us with his feet... If we do that, we win"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    I'll be repin the Red and Gold once again, can't wait!!!!! I have been waiting on this a long time, had these tickets since October.

We're tailgating all weekend up until the game -- all are invited if you're in the Big Easy.
    Where are you going to be tailgating? I'm always down to tailgate with some fellow PSD'ers from the forum! We'll have plenty of booze and hard alcohol too

Is anybody else in here going to be at the super bowl?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    I'm not, I'm stating facts about this postseason. I'm telling you that Ray Rice running the ball has hardly been the problem for teams. Your hope is that they give us a heavy dose of what has been making them successful. It would be like the Ravens watching Green Bay's game and being like:

"Play man coverage all the way and force Kaepernick to beat us with his feet... If we do that, we win"
    That's why we're in the Super Bowl. You can't pick one area to stop us.

Baltimore was a back pedaling baffoon of a safety away from being out of the playoffs.

We force Flacco to throw 35+ times with few mistakes on our side of the ball, we win the game

vCash
    This is going to be a very tough game, and all these game plans on both sides aren't really going to matter nearly as much as people think. Harbs & Roman reaching into their magic bag of plays... yea we'll see a new twist on a few plays and maybe even a trick type play or two... but nothing so magic.

It will simply come down to which guys on the field execute the best. The Raven's are hot right now, and they are going to be very hard to beat. However, I don't see how their D is going to stop our offense right now... I admit I wish we had Manningham or Williams back and of course I'd love for Hunter to be back out there, but LMJ has been really doing well. I truly believe that Walker will step up BIG TIME in this game, Vernon will be that Playoff monster we expect, Crabs... what else do I have to say about him... And Moss will make a few key plays. And of course the SB MVP Frank Gore will... well earn a SB MVP title!

This will be a close game, that because unfortunately I have to fly out of town on Monday morning I won't be able to drink enough to keep the pain level down, but we will win. We have the team, we have the coaching staff... and I have some crow to eat! (see sig below)
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    That's why we're in the Super Bowl. You can't pick one area to stop us.

Baltimore was a back pedaling baffoon of a safety away from being out of the playoffs.

We force Flacco to throw 35+ times with few mistakes on our side of the ball, we win the game
    Yes, but unfortunately we aren't playing that version of Baltimore. We're playing a rounded version of the Baltimore team that came out of the gate running.

"That's why we're in the Superbowl"?? Well how about why Baltimore is in the Superbowl? I'm talking about how the Ravens and playing, and how they are trending now. To say "Advantage us" because of how they ended their regular season would be as foolish as them saying "San Francisco? Look at the egg they laid against the Giants. Look at week 3, look at week 13, look at week 16...This team has nothin on us..."

Honestly, the way they've played during these last 3 games...I can't find a weakness.

vCash
    It's foolish now? It was foolish then. Saying a team will do poorly because of how they did the week before is flawed logic at its finest. You can have no smaller a sample size than that, smaller than that would cut into one game.

It's the exact same concept as using one statistical measure to gauge anything. Foolish.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but we have the better team. Obviously that doesn't translate to much in a one game scenario, but if we play our game we will win.

I don't get this panicky I can't find a weakness approach. I understand you believe Baltimore will be tough. I never said they wouldn't.

All I'm saying is we're a damn good team that is playing with as much momentum as Baltimore is.

We gave up our first TD over 40 yards ALL SEASON against ATL. I'm not worried about the deep pass. I'm not worried about the screen pass. I'm worried about us not playing our game.

Get pressure, force Flacco to throw, keep the mistakes to a minimum and we win.

vCash
    As long as the team remains focused and sticks to the gameplan, we should be ok. The "big stage" and "only X start" excuses are tired. If you aren't confident now, you never can or will be, because it sure isn't commendable to puff out your chest after you won, when there is no risk anymore and it's all said and done. Happiness sure, but the time to be cocky and confident is now, if you haven't been all season.

This was a declared SB run and we are here, as promised. It gets no better than this - until (if) we win.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but we have the better team. Obviously that doesn't translate to much in a one game scenario, but if we play our game we will win.

I don't get this panicky I can't find a weakness approach. I understand you believe Baltimore will be tough. I never said they wouldn't.

All I'm saying is we're a damn good team that is playing with as much momentum as Baltimore is.

We gave up our first TD over 40 yards ALL SEASON against ATL. I'm not worried about the deep pass. I'm not worried about the screen pass. I'm worried about us not playing our game.

Get pressure, force Flacco to throw, keep the mistakes to a minimum and we win.
    Right, we do have a better team. Does the better team win every time? Seattle has a better team than Atlanta, so what were the 9ers doing in the Georgia dome last week?

You're equating debate... which means that positives will be presented on both sides... to panic.

One of the areas I pointed to on this thread was our dead in the water pass rush. And you're just like "Yea, rush the passer, win the game. Piece of cake. No big deal" Look, I'm not knocking confidence. I'm making points that favor Baltimore, but it doesn't mean I can't or wouldn't make other points that favor us...but you're just talking so simply like "Yup. Better team. We'll be able to do what we want. This is a no brainer"

Tom Brady is a better quarterback than Joe Flacco ... it didn't mean that Tom Brady played the better game.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    Have you been watching the Ravens lately?

Out of RBs with at least 10 postseason attempts, Rice is 12th out of 16... just edging out Denver's Ronnie Hillman, at a modest 3.9 yards/carry. His buddy, Bernard Pearce, is running the ball extremely effectively, and ranks #1 in this category at 6.3

I fear we're going to get eaten alive by the Ray Rice swing passes, which would come as part of mistake free Joe Flacco (8 TDs, 0 INTs) throwing 35+/game ... and would contribute to opening up that downfield shot we've become suceptible to...
    I know what you're doing. It's cool. Everyone preps their own way for a game.

Trap game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    I know what you're doing. It's cool. Everyone preps their own way for a game.

Trap game.
    LOL ... There is nothing I've said that isn't fact!

vCash
    I'm confused as to when I said this game was a piece of cake...

Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast