56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore Ravens

9 16.07%
  • San Francisco 49ers

47 83.93%
Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaruth49 View Post
    I live in the Philly area and have had the pleasure of watching Akers entire career. He is a great guy and he deserves to win a ring. After watching the power he put into kickoffs in the GA Dome, I have every confidence he is getting healthier, just in time. With this game indoors, and Akers prior Super Bowl experience, I actually think he will surprise a lot of novice fans if he needs to - hopefully he doesn't need to - not because I am worried, but because TD's will win this game faster than FG's. I am far more concerned with Flacco closing his eyes and throwing a deep ball that finds Smith or Boldin wide open like Ryan did with J Jones early last week than an Akers FG attempt. It's the Super Bowl - throw out stats. I take Akers over a rookie kicker in a big spot. Perhaps I'm blinded by my fandom, but that's where I am at.

Go Niners - ALL of them
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenstater View Post
    i have a really good feeling about akers actually. i feel like he will beast this next game.
    i agree completely. super bowl experience is crucial, plus he's a big time kicker in terms of kicking skill. hopefully he can overcome his weak psyche just for this one game. He has the opportunity to go down into 49er immortality with a game tying or game winning kick in the super bowl, even if he's getting cut no matter how he does next week haha. But like you guys said, i'm pretty confident going in with akers, despite his kicking woes towards the end of this year.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    lol u right. always one or two of em
    They only have those for gang purposes right? Because who in their right mind would own a ****ing JT O'Sullivan jersey. Just terrible

vCash
    I think Lamichael James is going to have a huge game especially in the passing game !

vCash
    The niners in the Super Bowl hasn't set in yet.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    @ sfrush90 I have mixed feelings, I feel sorry for, yet I think it's also hilarious that some people bought Alex jerseys this season. If you had one from years ago that's cool, but some rushed to get one right before the switch.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Also, I agree with the thought that our fanbase has deteriorated significantly since the glory days. It's sad to see. I don't blame the ignorant for what they do because they don't know better and I was no different one time as a youngster, but hopefully the new stadium does indeed shake the scum in more ways than one. I hope none of you posters are XIV bangers, but if you are, please keep your banging on your blocks and come to the 'stick only if you come to watch the game in peace. There are families out there, and innocent people who don't know about or don't care about gang rivalries or practices. It's called being considerate. It's part of being a functional adult in society if you ever hope to become one.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    i wish gangs would go way back to the days like the old movie where they meet up in the park and discuss the parameters of the "rumble"lol. now days they are all just over populated pack of roaches with itchy pointer fingers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    hahahaha. I had a good laugh at this post. I know EXACTLY what you're referring to. Also reminds me of the 3 or 4 "territory" fights that i've witnessed break out over the years.
    right!? it drives me ****ing crazy! i mean they sit in the parking lot with their north side flag right above their Niner flag and i have never seen any cop come by to tell them to take it down and any cop in norther cali knows what the Huegla looks like. it pisses me off to no end! they think they are bad and all it does is 1). make their own people look bad( gangsters in general disgrace their heritage and race imo) and 2). they make the rest of us Niner fans look bad, it kind of makes me feel for the decent Raider fans who have had to deal with this type rep for years.

vCash
    Only one week away till we get to watch out Niners in the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread about this, but I hate how some of our fans are making us look...just read this article and it pisses me off. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...commentsAnchor
    This article may have a lot of factual components and does point to an ongoing issue but it just seems to be a bunch of baseless, opinionated drivel. Every single fan base out there has the same lunatic fringe that gives everyone else a bad name.

"Fan-on-fan violence happens everywhere in the NFL, of course, but it sure seems to happen more with the 49ers than with anyone else." This is the part that got me riled up, no statistics or references, just what he thinks he hears in the 'news.' Oh, and those cards that police pass out are given to every fan to report any misgivings or wrongdoing. It just makes me mad this is what passes for journalism.

This could've been a great article; however, focusing solely on a single fan base is just reckless. Such a shame

vCash
    Beer and football bring out the same violent tendencies in every fan base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    Beer and football bring out the same violent tendencies in every fan base.
    If they didn't drink ****** Bud and Coors and went for the craft stuff I guarantee fighting would be cut in half at least.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    If they didn't drink ****** Bud and Coors and went for the craft stuff I guarantee fighting would be cut in half at least.
    That's right, give me an indie pale ale any day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    That's right, give me an indie pale ale any day.
    I've tried tons of IPA's...and they just don't do it for me. Too much hops. I'm more of a malt guy, myself. Give me a brown ale or a porter and I'm happy. If you haven't had a Stone Brewery Smoked Porter do yourself a favor and get one as soon as you can.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    I hate all this Ray Lewis ultra love from the east coast news machine, time to send him packing without a trophy.

Btw smoked porters are tasty brews..

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast