56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore Ravens

9 16.07%
  • San Francisco 49ers

47 83.93%
Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    whatever happened to the wine and cheese fan reputation of 49er fans back when they were dominating football. It's like all those years of struggling brought in lower class fans to the 49ers... and now they are lingering...
    i gotta admit that's an interesting point. Even when I was at the games in 2005, 2006, 2007 when the team was bad, the fans still werent nearly as bad as they got in 2010 to the present

vCash
    I grew up at The Stick.
    Family had season tickets for all the Glory Years, but I was younger and went to the Rams games with Jerome Bettis, and the Orange Buccaneer games. My father terminated his season tickets because the York Family, and the terrible commute....from Sacramento...to Tiburon....through the city to the Stick, and the ride home. ****ing dedication right there, but I recently went to go check out of seats on the 50 yard line on the Visitor side. Bunch of degenerates, acting a fool where we used to sit. It sucked, but Kaep killed the Bears so that was nice.

whatever happened to the wine and cheese fan reputation of 49er fans back when they were dominating football. It's like all those years of struggling brought in lower class fans to the 49ers... and now they are lingering...
    Yeah. Where did those espresso drinking, Birkenstock wearing fans vanish off to?

vCash
    IMHO - Unfortunately the demographics of California are changing, and not for the positive. Some of those will choose the 49ers as their team simply because right now the 49ers are winning -i.e. bandwagoners. But, if we ever again have issues I won't be surprised to see many of them go away.

I'd say the VAST majority of true 49er Faithful fans (regardless of race, sex, social status, etc) are not thugs, but unfortunately we will be judged on the actions of the extreme few who are.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    I grew up at The Stick.
    Family had season tickets for all the Glory Years, but I was younger and went to the Rams games with Jerome Bettis, and the Orange Buccaneer games. My father terminated his season tickets because the York Family, and the terrible commute....from Sacramento...to Tiburon....through the city to the Stick, and the ride home. ****ing dedication right there, but I recently went to go check out of seats on the 50 yard line on the Visitor side. Bunch of degenerates, acting a fool where we used to sit. It sucked, but Kaep killed the Bears so that was nice.

Yeah. Where did those espresso drinking, Birkenstock wearing fans vanish off to?
    come to the other side of the 50 next time. that's where our seats are....home side 50. No bad fans in that section. All season ticket holders. I dont blame your dad for getting rid of the tix when the Yorks took over lol. My dad did the same thing about 10 years ago, so I just took over the tickets. That commute from sac to sf is terrible too. What normally would be a 1 hour 45 min drive turns into a damn-near 3 hr drive. That backup at the toll booth is ridiculous. I dont even know why we still have that fasttrak pass lol all these idiots clog up the fast track lines and then when they get closer, they realize they dont have a pass, so they have to switch lines furthermore causing a traffic jam haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    no doubt. like you pointed out, 49er fans used to be some of the classiest in the league. But hey, I'm assuming you've seen the population at candlestick the past few seasons, so it's easy to see why it's turned into a somewhat scary environment.

Btw, that's not a racial remark by any means. I'm referring to the youth, younger generation, and the crowd of people in their 20's. It's very frustrating indeed.
    the amount of north siders openly gang banging is flat bull ****. i see them openly fly their huegla bird banners with no recourse and mean mugging everyone walking by. its def a gangster atmosphere at times.

vCash
    you know whats funny is anyone who grew up in the Bay and was a Giants/49er fan it use to be the Niner fans who were the " wine & cheese" crowd and the Giants were the shitless beer drinkers and now its switch to a certain extent. i always hated that wine and cheese crap, even though (cheese is delicious, i dont know why that was a diss) i have been a niner fan my whole life and have never once not bbq at a game. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    come to the other side of the 50 next time. that's where our seats are....home side 50. No bad fans in that section. All season ticket holders. I dont blame your dad for getting rid of the tix when the Yorks took over lol. My dad did the same thing about 10 years ago, so I just took over the tickets. That commute from sac to sf is terrible too. What normally would be a 1 hour 45 min drive turns into a damn-near 3 hr drive. That backup at the toll booth is ridiculous. I dont even know why we still have that fasttrak pass lol all these idiots clog up the fast track lines and then when they get closer, they realize they dont have a pass, so they have to switch lines furthermore causing a traffic jam haha
    That drives me up the ****ing wall, I lay the horn on those idiots.

But I agree, fan atmosphere has definitely changed. Doesn't mind me much considering I go with friends and drink and BBQ and have a good time. Get a little loud and rowdy but always respectful to those around especially if their is kids around. Santa Clara will be a great stadium but a lot of suits will be there instead of the real niner fans (I know I can't afford going to more than 1 or 2 games)

vCash
    Anyone else nervous as hell about Akers in this game? I swear for some reason I'm thinking more about him and the game coming down to a FG and this dude f'ing us. Please God only let Akers kick extra points.

vCash
    how long has it been and I still can't believe we're in the SB!!!!!!!

vCash
    i have a really good feeling about akers actually. i feel like he will beast this next game.

vCash
    I live in the Philly area and have had the pleasure of watching Akers entire career. He is a great guy and he deserves to win a ring. After watching the power he put into kickoffs in the GA Dome, I have every confidence he is getting healthier, just in time. With this game indoors, and Akers prior Super Bowl experience, I actually think he will surprise a lot of novice fans if he needs to - hopefully he doesn't need to - not because I am worried, but because TD's will win this game faster than FG's. I am far more concerned with Flacco closing his eyes and throwing a deep ball that finds Smith or Boldin wide open like Ryan did with J Jones early last week than an Akers FG attempt. It's the Super Bowl - throw out stats. I take Akers over a rookie kicker in a big spot. Perhaps I'm blinded by my fandom, but that's where I am at.

Go Niners - ALL of them

vCash
    The worst is the guys who still wear JT O'Sullivan jerseys.

vCash
    I don't even know why people wasted money on buying his jersey.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenstater View Post
    the amount of north siders openly gang banging is flat bull ****. i see them openly fly their huegla bird banners with no recourse and mean mugging everyone walking by. its def a gangster atmosphere at times.
    hahahaha. I had a good laugh at this post. I know EXACTLY what you're referring to. Also reminds me of the 3 or 4 "territory" fights that i've witnessed break out over the years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STAT1 View Post
    The worst is the guys who still wear JT O'Sullivan jerseys.
    lol u right. always one or two of em

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast