Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I know, that why I said they insist. But my aunts and uncles won't even turn right at red lights anymore because they've been fined too much for it. and like I said, if you just barely go over the white line and don't realise it, they can ticket you for that. something that a cop would never tickets for that everyone does.
    Traffic cameras are pure scam. And they cause accidents as well, because people are terrified
    to go through a yellow light so they slam on their breaks, causing rear-end accidents instead.
    These things have nothing to do with public safety, and everything to do with profit.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    BTW... the plastic covers that have the stuff in the middle that block from every angle are the
    best. You can see the plate clearly as a human observer directly behind the car, but flash cameras
    cannot see the plate. There are some out on the internet for around $24.00. Worth every penny.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    BTW... the plastic covers that have the stuff in the middle that block from every angle are the
    best. You can see the plate clearly as a human observer directly behind the car, but flash cameras
    cannot see the plate. There are some out on the internet for around $24.00. Worth every penny.
    Watch the Mythbusters episode...you're dead wrong.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Do some research on what
    these things are really like. It's far, FAR from being that simple.
    No, it's really that simple.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    You're going to kill someone running a red light.

Do they make time machines to go back after you've killed that family?

Learn to drive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    There is a great free app for iPhone (not sure about Android) called Waze. I began using it over my expensive GPS apps (Navigon, TomTom, etc.) about a half year ago or so. Not only does it load up quickly and work great as a GPS, it also alerts you to police presence ahead of time. It is relying on user submissions, but has worked wonders in my experience. Highly recommend it both as a standard GPS device and as a warning system for nearby police vehicles, traffic lights, etc.
    This sounds similar to what my friend relies on, if not exactly the same. Knowledge is power.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    **** photo enforcement cameras. The spray doesn't work though. It's a scam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post

Learn to drive.
    As if the only way to get a ticket from these is to blatantly run a red light. C'mon Ian.

vCash
    Motorists vs. Cameras: Four Winning Defenses
    Posted on March 27th, 2012

The odds in traffic courts are already stacked against defendants. But when there is only an inanimate “witness” to the alleged violation, one that can’t be questioned, the chances of getting the charges dismissed go down astronomically.

Or do they?

There have been several recent instances of motorists beating photo tickets outright, and to make you aware of some defense options should you be unfortunate enough to receive a red-light or speed camera ticket, many are presented here.

Those receiving a photo ticket will be well-served by reading the Dennis Eros Motion in Limine posted by the NMA. In fighting a red-light camera ticket in Seattle (WA) Municipal Court, Mr. Eros laid out 55 distinct issues in challenging the constitutionality of photo tickets. (His case was dismissed on a technicality, allowing the judge to dodge the need to rule on his motion.).

Among the points made by Eros were a) the denial of the right to confront and cross-examine adversarial witnesses, b) the presumption that the registered owner of the vehicle is guilty, regardless of who was actually driving, thereby destroying the presumption of innocence, c) an unverified chain of control of the alleged (photographic) evidence, and d) the lack of scientific reliability of the cameras to warrant unquestioned acceptance into evidence.
    http://blog.motorists.org/four-winning-defenses/

Good article, worth reading if you get popped by one of these scam cams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    I don't mess around with the ones with cameras, even if it means slamming on the breaks last second. I'd rather use that $260 to buy some new parts then pay a useless ticket. But I know what you are talking about I've ran a good 10 or so lights by now, but I know they didn't have cameras. And I know I wasn't "risking" anyone's life because I've only run them by a second late. There is a good 3-4 second gap that you have. But I've heard the spray does work.
    Only if the traffic is slow off the line. The minute my light turns green I gun it, and head straight for the person trying to sneak through. I'll keep an eye out for you.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Traffic cameras are pure scam. And they cause accidents as well, because people are terrified to go through a yellow light so they slam on their breaks, causing rear-end accidents instead.
    These things have nothing to do with public safety, and everything to do with profit.
    The cause is the person behind them who was too close. That's a major problem I see every day. I've been known to slam on my brakes as a last resort to get someone off my ***. Seems no one learned or remembers the two-second rule. Minimum distance = "one thousand one, one thousand two..."
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post

Learn to drive.
    haha, dude, its not like I blatantly blow through red lights cuz I'm on some psycho driving binge. I'm just cruising, and some lights hit yellow just at the wrong time, where you just aren't sure if you should slam the brakes or just keep driving.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    wow.. and I thought the cops in Canada were *******s
    Since you are from the great country of Canada, can you clarify this for me. I went to my cousin couple years ago in Hamilton and he let me drive. I know this might sound dumb, but I was knew to the whole east coast thing then, with jaywalking being legal and all. Anyway, whenever I hit the red light, not the cameras, and the intersection is clear, my cousin just tells to drive through it. I was like, wtf? I knew it was illegal, but I was like whatever. It was clear anyway, and people crossed streets even with the red light, why can I not do it with a car? lol. The whole California thing of not crossing the street until you see the sign to go is very dumb. Or maybe because Hamilton, Ontario had good amount of murders going around when i visited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    The cause is the person behind them who was too close. That's a major problem I see every day. I've been known to slam on my brakes as a last resort to get someone off my ***. Seems no one learned or remembers the two-second rule. Minimum distance = "one thousand one, one thousand two..."
    Following distance is the cause of a huge number of accidents. And you know whose insurance gets dinged every single time? The close follower is always, always at fault. The 1/4 second you save by following closer is just not worth it, people. I also regularly tap my brakes to get people off my tail. It usually works. If not, I hit them harder until it does.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234