Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    just carry a gun and shoot at the camera
    This
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    I got one at an intersection (NOT MARKED THAT IT WAS A CAMERA INTERSECTION) where I pulled up in the right turn lane, turned on red and got nailed for 100.00. Complete joke. They say you need to stop there for 7 seconds or you get a ticket. I stopped for 5 seconds, got an opening in traffic and turned. They even tell you exactly how many seconds you wait at the light on the ticket.

Red light cameras are garbage.
    I never heard of this 7 second rule. Is it a general rule? Was it a "no turn on red" intersection?

You live close to me, lemme warn u, that belmont sheridan intersection ain't no joke. STEADY see that camera flash.

**EDIT- I meant the belmont and lake shore south on/offramp intersection, sry
    Last edited by nastynice; 01-22-2013 at 01:01 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    I always have to watch the pedestrian countdown so I know when the light will change from green to yellow and eventually red. In this intersection it is pretty tricky. Once the ped countdown reaches 1, you better hit the brakes. Green light will turn to yellow and in a split second will turn red.
    haha, I thought I was the only one who does this. Some drivers get pissed cuz they'll see me braking while the light is still green, cuz I'll be going off the ped crossing instead. haha, **** it

Yea, diff cities def operate differently. This has never been a problem for me, only here in chicago. Cuz there's so much foot traffic too, its like there's so much going on, completely throws you off to take into account these stupid cameras too
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    wow.. and I thought the cops in Canada were *******s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well isn't there a reason it was made illegal? I don't see how the fact that "everyone does it" makes it something we shouldn't enforce. Personally, I would like to see more people get tickets for rolling through stop signs and going to quickly on red light turns. I have been almost clipped by a few people doing those things.
    They're not giving out those nitpicky tickets to create a better driving environment. And they weren't previously enforcing some of these.

Come on.

vCash
    I just got one in the mail for doing 58 (KM) in a 50, too late to stop at a yellow... I'm going with the gun idea I think...

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I never heard of this 7 second rule. Is it a general rule? Was it a "no turn on red" intersection?

You live close to me, lemme warn u, that belmont sheridan intersection ain't no joke. STEADY see that camera flash.
    By law, you are supposed to make a complete stop at a red light before turning, whether you can turn right on red or not. It is like making a complete stop at a stop sign. It's fine that that is a rule, but they are so picky on the seconds it's ridiculous. My wife made a complete stop at the red light before turning right, but because it wasn't the right amount of seconds she still got at ticket. All it is is a money grab.

Several places have taken them out because they were causing problems with traffic. People stopped turning right on red completely because of fear of getting a ticket, messing up traffic. And people were slamming on their brakes on yellow in fear of getting a ticket causing accidents. The accidents went up because of people getting rear ended that they weren't worth it. I understand the concept, but some of the tickets they give out are ridiculous and the lights aren't timed right. Technically if you back wheels haven't crossed the white line by the time the light turns red, you have run a red light. The thing is there are several lights that turn so quickly that if it turns yells when you are about to go over the line, you aren't getting over it by the time it turns red.

There really is no fighting the tickets either. I remember reading something a few years ago that a lady got seven tickets for the same violation. I can't remember exactly what it was, I think she turned right on red and she was new to the area and didn't realize she couldn't turn right on red. She went to court and admitted she made a mistake but claimed that if a cop would have pulled her over and given her a ticket she would have understood, and paid the ticket and never would have done it again and the ticket wouldn't have been $1,000 or whatever the total of the tickets added up to. They told her it was too bad and she had to pay all the tickets.

vCash
    I ****ing hate Red Light cameras.

They are ********. I have gotten 5, YES 5...... Guess how many I have had to pay?! ONE, and I didn't even remember blowing the light(I never had one in my old car I generally stop if the light turns yellow).
    3 have already been thrown out and I'm in the process of getting a 4th thrown out. My picture is literally one of me stopped behind the line and then i turned but I had 2 behind the line still in the second photo.

THESE ****ING CAMERAS ARE KILLING ME.

Bdawk4prez owns me.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    I ****ing hate Red Light cameras.

They are ********. I have gotten 5, YES 5...... Guess how many I have had to pay?! ONE, and I didn't even remember blowing the light(I never had one in my old car I generally stop if the light turns yellow).
    3 have already been thrown out and I'm in the process of getting a 4th thrown out. My picture is literally one of me stopped behind the line and then i turned but I had 2 behind the line still in the second photo.

THESE ****ING CAMERAS ARE KILLING ME.
    You are lucky you were able to get those thrown out. All I ever heard was they were impossible to fight and you were screwed if you got one. I have gotten one, but I didn't fight it. I was at fault as I went thru a red light. It wasn't intentional though. I was in an area I didn't know, it was late, there was no traffic, and I was looking for an address and I completely missed the light. It sucked but I knew I was at fault and was screwed. I didn't realize I did it until I got the ticket in the mail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    Or just don't run red lights
    this, although those cameras are pretty bad too. I mean they have been known to cause a lot of accidents because people slam on their brakes to not go through it at the last second to avoid the ticket and people just rear end them then. And those cameras do go off sometimes for some bs reasons.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    A better investment is to get a GPS that warns you when you approach red light cameras and speed cameras. One, they're legal. Two, they actually work, at least according to my pizza delivery guy buddy who relies on his every day.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    I rear-ended an old lady that jammed on the breaks when the light turned yellow. Big Brother is watching you.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    You are lucky you were able to get those thrown out. All I ever heard was they were impossible to fight and you were screwed if you got one. I have gotten one, but I didn't fight it. I was at fault as I went thru a red light. It wasn't intentional though. I was in an area I didn't know, it was late, there was no traffic, and I was looking for an address and I completely missed the light. It sucked but I knew I was at fault and was screwed. I didn't realize I did it until I got the ticket in the mail.
    The 4 were on turns, no signs of No Turn on Red or anything, ALL 4 TIMES MY WHEELS WERE BEHIND THE LINE ON FIRST PHOTO. That's the only way to fight them, if it is on a turn and your wheels are behind the white line.

I ****ing hate these cameras.

Bdawk4prez owns me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I will say that it's easy to insist you stopped when you get caught doing something wrong.
    I know, that why I said they insist. But my aunts and uncles won't even turn right at red lights anymore because they've been fined too much for it. and like I said, if you just barely go over the white line and don't realise it, they can ticket you for that. something that a cop would never tickets for that everyone does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    Or just don't run red lights
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Do some research on what
    these things are really like. It's far, FAR from being that simple.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast