Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Marcel Reece to the Pro Bowl

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-...6-afab49327ff7

Raiders FB Marcel Reece Selected for First Pro Bowl

Oakland Raiders fullback Marcel Reece was named to his first Pro Bowl, the NFL announced Sunday. Reece, who was selected as a first alternate for the AFC squad, replaces Baltimore Ravens FB Vonta Leach.

Reece and teammate K Sebastian Janikowski in December were named first alternates for the NFLís all-star game, to be played at Honoluluís Aloha Stadium on Jan. 27.

One of the NFLís most versatile players, Reece played in all 16 games with 14 starts in 2012, making 10 starts at fullback and four at running back when the Raiders lost both Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson to high-ankle sprains midseason.

The 6-foot-1, 255-pound fullback had a career-high 59 rushing attempts for 271 yards in 2012, averaging 4.6 yards per carry. He also ranked second on the team with 52 catches for 496 yards and one touchdown, ranking fourth among NFL running backs in receptions. His 9.5 yards per reception marked an NFL high for running backs.

Thrust into action at running back, Reece posted his first-career 100-yard rushing game on Nov. 18 vs. New Orleans, totaling 103 yards on a career-high 19 carries. He added 90 receiving yards in that contest, nearly becoming the first Raiders since Marcus Allen in 1986 to top 100 yards in both rushing and receiving in a single game.

The native of Inglewood, Calif., joined the Raiders in 2008 as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Washington, where he played wide receiver. Reece spent the entire 2008 season and the majority of the 2009 campaign on the Raidersí practice squad, becoming a starter for the Silver and Black in 2010. He was named a Pro Bowl alternate in 2011.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Meh. Lol

But that's cool. At least SOMEONE from the Raiders is going.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Hell yeah, if Reece signs a long term contract that's a jersey buy. Reece is one of my favorite players and deserves some credit. Hopefully Olsen actually uses him!!!

vCash
    I was really kind of worried. I would've felt like a tool, wearing a Raiders jersey at the Pro Bowl because there would be no Raiders on the field. Thank you for the win Ravens! Aloha Marcel!!!!

vCash
    I hope they give him the ball a couple times.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Good for him. He's worth every penny that they pay him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_P View Post
    I was really kind of worried. I would've felt like a tool, wearing a Raiders jersey at the Pro Bowl because there would be no Raiders on the field. Thank you for the win Ravens! Aloha Marcel!!!!
    Nice! Post pics, yeah?
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Great news not bad for a guy that seemed to be in allen's dog house before run-dmc got hurt . I hope he stays a raider for a long time way to go Marcel .
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    Marcel is a stud... probably the most talented player on our roster.

vCash
    Imagine how great he'd be with Dysert throwing to him!? #ZacDysert2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Imagine how great he'd be with Dysert throwing to him!? #ZacDysert2013
    The posters are going to wake up and see all this madness. So mad it might just be crazy. So crazy it might just work #ZacDysert2013. You guys got annoyed with firm with nassib? Me and bigguy about to go twice as hard

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy951 View Post
    imagine how great he'd be with dysert throwing to him!? #zacdysert2013
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    the posters are going to wake up and see all this madness. So mad it might just be crazy. So crazy it might just work #zacdysert2013. You guys got annoyed with firm with nassib? Me and bigguy about to go twice as hard
    o...m...frickin'...g

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    The posters are going to wake up and see all this madness. So mad it might just be crazy. So crazy it might just work #ZacDysert2013. You guys got annoyed with firm with nassib? Me and bigguy about to go twice as hard
    Not that I care, you can post whatever you want...but isn't that logic a little childish? Isn't that how things escalate and people eventually get hurt?

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Not that I care, you can post whatever you want...but isn't that logic a little childish? Isn't that how things escalate and people eventually get hurt?

-Stork
    Lol I'm just messing around. It was late at night me and bigguy were up and just started post padding. I'm battling insomnia haha.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    o...m...frickin'...g
    Haha

Yall let me slip?!?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast