Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will The Lakers make the Playoffs?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 23.88%
  • No

38 56.72%
  • Howard is gone

13 19.40%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Yet, statistically, only a 24 percent chance to make the playoffs.

Those stats are based on the 8th seed winning almost 50 games. That's probably not going to happen this year. Have you seen the teams ahead of the Lakers?

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YouCan'tBeatLA View Post
    Seriously, where did you get those numbers from? We are only 3 ****ing games(or something like that) behind the 8th seed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssBzkUobIWM

vCash
    I don't think they'll go 31 - 11, but I do still think they'll make it.

The 8th seed will have a lesser record than it has in recent years. The probably won't need 48 wins. They might not even need to be much over .500, if even at all. I think Houston will continue to play sub-.500 ball, I think Portland's lack of depth will KO them, Minnesota's injuries will be too much...they can do it.

They're 3.5 games back in January. Basically, they just have to play slightly better basketball than Houston for the second half of the season and they'll get in. 3.5 games isn't much with 40+ games remaining. I think they can surpass Houston.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
    As long as Phil Jackson isn't there, the Lakers aren't going ANYWHERE. Kobe can't play facilitator. He NEEDS the triangle.
    i don't get the opinion that phil changes everything.
    phil lost in the 1st ground his last season with the lakers.
    dwight has proven to have no offensive game and to be a coach killer.

vCash
    lol i like Dwight but i hate this about him and awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    i don't get the opinion that phil changes everything.
    phil lost in the 1st ground his last season with the lakers.
    dwight has proven to have no offensive game and to be a coach killer.
    What? No he didn't.

“If you quit ONCE it becomes a habit. Never quit!!!”
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Those stats are based on the 8th seed winning almost 50 games. That's probably not going to happen this year. Have you seen the teams ahead of the Lakers?
    That's not true. It's based on the eight seed winning 42 games. Jesus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    That's not true. It's based on the eight seed winning 42 games. Jesus.

What in the world are you talking about? The op said they need to win 31 games that would put their win total to 48.

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    What in the world are you talking about? The op said they need to win 31 games that would put their win total to 48.
    I don't care what OP said. This is based on the projections for the eight seed and the Lakers remaining schedule and what they have to do and the percentage of times they do it based on 5000 season simulations.

Courtesy of Hollinger

vCash
    I hope the Lakers don't make the Playoffs for the Suns sake, so that we land another lottery pick

They still have a good chance of scraping in though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    It's incredible that they might miss the playoffs.
    Might? They are gonna miss the playoffs.

vCash
    They CAN. They need a better system

HE'S BAAAAACK!

vCash
    they are 3.5 games out....these lakers need "x wins" projections crack me up sometimes.

vCash
    Welcome to panic city. meanwhile back at the ranch after all the hoopla Lakers are only 3 games out of the playoffs......
    You have to look deeper then they are only 3 games behind the 8th place team. If you look at the rest of their games they are fighting an uphill battle. The lakers are 17-22 right now, which means they have 43 games left in the season. of those 43 games 25 of those games are against teams with a record of 500 or better. and more then half of those teams are well over 500. Therefore, even if they win beat all 18 games against the below 500 teams they still have to win at least 8-10 more games against the teams with a record greater then 500. Can it still be done yes, but the door is closing on the lakers. So when is the time to panic if not now. They are not exactly playing great basketball besides Kobe. No team is going to want Gasol now considering how bad his knees are unless the lakers get considerably less value for him.

The Lakers are in trouble and if you don't think so you need to wake up. there next four games are against competitive teams they loose all of the those they become 9 games under .500. The numbers are against the lakers. and if the lakers don't make the playoffs I don't think dwight is staying. That is just my opinion. So do i think they will make the playoffs is there still a chance yes but the door is closing fast.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McPeak92 View Post
    they are 3.5 games out....these lakers need "x wins" projections crack me up sometimes.
    3.5 game might not seem like much, and I do realize that it is likely that a .500 team will sneak into the Western conference playoffs this year (Portland and Houston are at .500 right now and are tied for the 8th seed), but it's a bigger battle than you might think As I said, the Lakers need to for 27-15 to finish at .500. That is a high winning percentage considering how they have been playing and the injuries they have.

And then you take into consideration that they are playing the Bulls and Memphis in the next two games on the road, then they come back home to play the Thunder and the Jazz. They may not even be able to get a win in the next 4 games, which would put them 10 games under .500 before they finally have a game against a sub .500 when the Hornets come to visit them. Their following three games are all on the road against sub five hundred teams (Detroit, Phoenix and Minny) all of which they could win, which could put them on a 4 game win streak until they play BK, Boston and MIA on the road (with a gimmie game against the Bobcats in there). Realistically, looking at their schedule, from now until Feb. 10th, they will be lucky to win half those games, which would put them exactly where they are right now, 6 games under .500. The thing is though, that assume that the Lakers will be playing consistently enough to beat the sub .500 teams, which they haven't been as we have seen in Toronto. We are talking about a team who is 3-9 over the last 12 games. They lost to the 76ers, the Raptors, the Nuggets and the Rockets. What makes you think that they will be able to pull their $#!T together and start beating teams like the Clippers, Thunder and Heat?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    Another thread related to the Lakers.

Mr.Popular

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast