Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 197
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    10,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Blowhard much?

    I was answering a post of the reaction of Brady losing compared to Manning losing. Seemingly the poster forgot Brady posted a solid win the week before. Where I come from 1-1 is better than 0-1. Just like 17-7 is better than 9-11.

    I also said Brady is declining... you need a new schtick - the old one has gone blunt - and so has the cerebellum.
    Opps sorry!! That is not the status quo answer this year? You know I was wondering, I had not gotten the memo on the new PC term to describe this loss. I never intended to offend dear sir. Please accept my most heart felt apology.


    Last edited by Bigdaddyburch; 01-22-2013 at 07:04 PM.

    Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11
    vCash
    1500
    I agree. Brady is not declining, his team has been getting more one-dimensional. The Patriots are trying to win an SB without a legit defense and running game. Brady makes that a realistic option because his knowledge/exp gives him a huge lead over most NFL defenses, but not real defenses like the Giants, 49ers, and Ravens. Just look at who the Pats lost to this year, they were to teams w/ good defenses: Cardinals, Ravens, 49ers, Seahawks, Ravens.

    Brady is not alone. Manning, Rogers, and Brees are going through the same issues leading teams who cannot run the ball or play defense consistently. Broncos gave up 38 points to the Ravens and the Packers gave up 45 points to the 49ers, neither of which have particularly dynamic offenses.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    probably, he is around that age
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Posts
    591
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, I believe he's declined but at age 35 it's miniscule and how many QB's would give you a better chance to win going into next season? Bottom line, after 3 seasons with the 31st ranked passing defense in 2010, the 31st and 26th ranked overall defenses in '11 and '12, guess what; this guy needs some help. His defenses have been embarrassing long enough; he's had too much heaped on his shoulders for too long. Aaron Rodgers can certainly relate.
    Imagine if Brady had just an AVERAGE defense these past few years? Just average?

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    81
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Yeah, I believe he's declined but at age 35 it's miniscule and how many QB's would give you a better chance to win going into next season? Bottom line, after 3 seasons with the 31st ranked passing defense in 2010, the 31st and 26th ranked overall defenses in '11 and '12, guess what; this guy needs some help. His defenses have been embarrassing long enough; he's had too much heaped on his shoulders for too long. Aaron Rodgers can certainly relate.
    Imagine if Brady had just an AVERAGE defense these past few years? Just average?
    patriots were a average d this year. and manning has better playoff numbers than brady

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    449
    vCash
    1500
    Not at all. Brady's better than ever actually. The Pat's post season failures are attributable to their defense not being as good as in the past.

    I do agree with the points about how everyone always kills Manning whenever his team loses in the playoffs. The fact that Brady has 3 rings shouldn't have anything to do with evaluating his performance in a single game.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,400
    vCash
    1500
    Declining is too harsh a word. Of course, compared to some of the seasons he put together before, this wasn't as good. But c'mon, how can you expect him to replicate that at this age. He's still a top tier qb. His accuracy is still pin point deadly. However, one noticeable decline is he definitely doesn't Tuck the ball the way he used to. I'm not holding that against him, since not many qbs can Tuck like him to begin with, but still, it was what got him his early rings, and I believe the lack of Tucking is what's keeping him from getting more rings in this stage of his career. He's just not the same Tommy Tucker i've known and loved
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    10,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJohn View Post
    Not at all. Brady's better than ever actually. The Pat's post season failures are attributable to their defense not being as good as in the past.

    I do agree with the points about how everyone always kills Manning whenever his team loses in the playoffs. The fact that Brady has 3 rings shouldn't have anything to do with evaluating his performance in a single game.
    Well said. Brady put up 13 point and had a great game. Them not winning clearly falls on the D side of the ball. If you cant win with 13 points you have a problem.

    Brady won 3 SBs carrying the Pats. Manning won one being carried by his team. The rings matter. 3-0 is greater than 1-1.

    Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,134
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post

    Brady won 3 SBs carrying the Pats. Manning won one being carried by his team. The rings matter. 3-0 is greater than 1-1.
    I believe it is Peyton Manning 1-1 and Tom Brady 3-2 not 3-0. I like the guy but the result is still the result.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Posts
    591
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1nas View Post
    patriots were a average d this year. and manning has better playoff numbers than brady
    Average huh? Where do I start; the 29th-ranked defense in completion % against, 29th on 3rd down defense, 26th overall defensively, etc...
    But apparently...in some demented, alternate universe kind of world...that qualifies as "average."
    BTW, their offense was first in scoring, first in total yards, 4th in passing yards and 7th in rushing.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,416
    vCash
    500
    Two years in a row his #1 target has been injured. Doesn't help matters.
    .
    .


  12. #177
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    10,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Two years in a row his #1 target has been injured. Doesn't help matters.
    Right but he still put up 13 points. If you cant win putting up that many points you need to start over on D. I am sure they are still stunned to fall in a game they hand in the palms of their hands.

    Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    10,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Two years in a row his #1 target has been injured. Doesn't help matters.
    Not sure how it double posted I only made it once.
    Last edited by Bigdaddyburch; 01-29-2013 at 07:07 AM.

    Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    6,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Average huh? Where do I start; the 29th-ranked defense in completion % against, 29th on 3rd down defense, 26th overall defensively, etc...
    But apparently...in some demented, alternate universe kind of world...that qualifies as "average."
    BTW, their offense was first in scoring, first in total yards, 4th in passing yards and 7th in rushing.
    So NOW it's a team sport?!?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    6,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Yeah, I believe he's declined but at age 35 it's miniscule and how many QB's would give you a better chance to win going into next season? Bottom line, after 3 seasons with the 31st ranked passing defense in 2010, the 31st and 26th ranked overall defenses in '11 and '12, guess what; this guy needs some help. His defenses have been embarrassing long enough; he's had too much heaped on his shoulders for too long. Aaron Rodgers can certainly relate.
    Imagine if Brady had just an AVERAGE defense these past few years? Just average?
    The defense didn't post 13 points in the AFC Championship game. Just saying.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •