Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    it's over for brady,the pats need someone like brady quinnkolbhenneskelton r bring back matt cassel. yeah that will be best.i think things will be fine for a year or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Get ready for it...Kaep or Flacco are about to become elite and top 5 QBs because of a superbowl win
    Just like Big Ben was a HoFer and Eli was the better Manning brother. With all of the evidence to the contrary, I can't believe people still believe in "Rings >" to judge QBs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    one guy doesn't take you from yearly playoff conteder to the worst team in football

vCash
    No, I don't think he is declining. And if he has... its been very very minimal.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    not necessarily, but he is going to be 36 next season. everyone has a peak, and a prime. you can only fight off father time for so long; we'll see how he looks next season.

vCash
    not declining but being a ***** that wont run for 4 yards and take a hit is getting annoying.
    He had so many chances to run for first downs this game and bailed.... its annoying to see when the rest of his team is taking huge hits all game fighting for extra yards.

vCash
    I maintain what I've said for a few years now. Overall, 53 guys play in a playoff game and the QB, while having the largest effect of any player, simply isn't as large an influence as ST, OFF, or DEF. He just isn't.

A great team will beat a great QB 9/10, and 10/10 if they execute. The playoffs comes down to one thing: Execution.

It doesn't matter how good you are.
    It doesn't matter how hot your team is.
    It doesn't matter how "on a roll" you are.

Only one thing matters -- how well you execute that sat/sun in comparison to your competition.

Brady and Manning are both QBs on Teams. Those teams win and lose games, play good or bad defense, and execute or don't exectue on offense. Period. Both of them are better than everyone not named Aaron Rodgers, and when they lose it's a product of X's and O's, and this beautiful game called football. There isn't a thing call" clutch" or "choking", and thankfully all mirages of the sort are side-shows.

I'm tired of the way we talk football in America, and Tom Brady and Petyon Manning both deserve better.

vCash
    God, my least favorite player in the league, and I have to kind of defend him. People are ****ing stupid.

And then. He made them pancakes.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Brady doesn't get the Manning treatment for losing a playoff game. When Manning loses it's all his fault and he's a choker, when Brady loses and stinks it up with a 62 Passer rating, it's no big deal.

3 rings yo!!!
    I also love how they said "Brady didn't bring his A game". WTF? How about, "damn the Ravens locked down their WR and made Brady's job impossible."?
    Tom didn't play well, so they lost? No, the ravens forced subpar play from the pats. They dominated the game and beat them.

And No, Brady is not declining. He has a few years left. He's not and athletic QB who needs mobility to be successful. He is a pocket passer who throws tons of short, quick passes and who can move in the pocket quite well. He's not done.

vCash
    Brady is probably the best Qb ever at finding the open guy between a combination of pre snap and post snap reads. He generally knows what the defense is doing and in the rare occasions he doesn't, unlike even some of the other elite QBs (cough... Peyton... cough) he doesn't panic if he read the D wrong at the snap. He's capable of reading the D after the snap and finding an open man without forcing the ball.

Brady's problem, and it's gotten worse with age and decline in arm strength, is that when he does have to force it, he isn't that good. He doesn't drop the ball into the perfect spot to a covered man 25 yards downfield - he reads the D and throws to a wide open man 15 yards downfield that he put in that spot because he knew what was coming. When you find a D that can make him think a little longer and play good physical coverage forcing tighter windows, you minimize the advantage of Brady's incredible intelligence and make it more about physical skill. That's how you beat Brady and the Pats receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Brady is probably the best Qb ever at finding the open guy between a combination of pre snap and post snap reads. He generally knows what the defense is doing and in the rare occasions he doesn't, unlike even some of the other elite QBs (cough... Peyton... cough) he doesn't panic if he read the D wrong at the snap. He's capable of reading the D after the snap and finding an open man without forcing the ball.

Brady's problem, and it's gotten worse with age and decline in arm strength, is that when he does have to force it, he isn't that good. He doesn't drop the ball into the perfect spot to a covered man 25 yards downfield - he reads the D and throws to a wide open man 15 yards downfield that he put in that spot because he knew what was coming. When you find a D that can make him think a little longer and play good physical coverage forcing tighter windows, you minimize the advantage of Brady's incredible intelligence and make it more about physical skill. That's how you beat Brady and the Pats receivers.
    This is the most accurate and unbiased assessment of Brady I have ever read. Well done.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous46 View Post
    He is a system quarterback. Cassel went to the playoffs with the Patriots and I think passed for over 4,000 yards. I've never seem Sanchez throw as many bad passes in a game I just say Brady throw. I don't remember seeing Brady complete a pass over 10 yards most of his completions were on slants and Brady missed on the screen passes

The real question is should Brady be suspended like Suh was it was obvious Brady put his foot in the air to kick a player or 2. Why no flag? Why the double standard?
    The Patriots finished 11-5 that year with Cassell, a year after they went 16-0. That's a five game differential, it's huge. To put it in perspective if they had finished, say, 12-4 the year before with Brady, that five game differential would have made them a sub .500 team. FYI, the Cassell led Patriots did not go to the playoffs that year. Miami also finished 11-5 but edged out NE for the division. The Pats subsequently missed out on the playoffs. The fact that Cassell wasn't really 'close' to 4,000 yards was already addressed.

Now as for the leg 'kick' from Brady, no one can be sure what he was doing but it sure looked like he stuck it up to protect himself whereas Suh clearly and intentionally kick the QB in the nuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous46 View Post
    He is a system quarterback. Cassel went to the playoffs with the Patriots and I think passed for over 4,000 yards. I've never seem Sanchez throw as many bad passes in a game I just say Brady throw. I don't remember seeing Brady complete a pass over 10 yards most of his completions were on slants and Brady missed on the screen passes

The real question is should Brady be suspended like Suh was it was obvious Brady put his foot in the air to kick a player or 2. Why no flag? Why the double standard?
    The real question is how you're allowed outside without a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Declining? The guy is 35 years old! He is clearly closer to the beginning of his career than the end. I expect he has yet to peak!

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning will still be at the top of the standings when they are mid 40s!
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Brady is in the prime of his career... He's only getting started

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    The NFL forum has now reached NBA forum status.

(For those of you that don't get it, it's using 1 game sample sizes to determine how good players are.)
    This.

The OP is on dnewguy level of terrible posting/thread starting.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast