Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't know why but I sense this could be a busy off-season. I do believe 11M is too much for Welker and wouldn't mind settling on a team friendly deal that gave him some security like 3@21 with it all guaranteed and a big signing bonus up front. Bowe or Wallace seem more appealing if we are talking 11M +.

Like someone else said above me, got to get Wilfork some help on the interior.

Mallet hopefully goes for at least a 2nd round pick (even if its end of the round).

Bye-Bye Patrick Chung..doesn't play enough and just seems to have taken steps backwards.

I like Arrington as the slot guy, not on the outside. Don't just release him, unless we upgrade.

Got to bring back Vollmer IMO. Does Cannon step in and start next year?

Just a few things..

vCash
    We need to get secondary help, welker walks, and either through draft or trade a 6-4 or 6-5 WR that can go deep. Brady has too strong of an arm to have short receivers. No offense to shorter receivers, its just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    I am in the minority but I would rather move Mayo with a greater comepensation than Spikes.

vCash
    Interesting fact from an article I read:

Counting defensive pass interference calls as completions, Brady was successful on only 35 percent of his deep passes (balls that traveled more than 15 yards in the air past the line of scrimmage) in 2012. There were 32 quarterbacks with at least 50 deep passes this season, and only two (Cleveland's Brandon Weeden and Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger) were less accurate with the long ball. Wes Welker (assuming he re-signs), Brandon Lloyd and Deion Branch will be a combined 98 years old next season. It's time for the Patriots to find some fresh legs and stretch the field.

Also we lose more money than we gain if we cut Dowling this year
    Last edited by xnick5757; 01-21-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Yo Soy Fiesta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agar81 View Post
    You guys overreact with Arrington. He is fine as a nickel and slot guy and an excellent ST guy (he's a great tackler). When he plays out of position, he gets exposed. I won't be surprised if he's back because he was good for us in those roles.
    This is true, and truthfully he didn't play terrible versus Baltimore. The fact that Marquise Cole had to play a lot was what really hurt us. He was getting abused.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Here's the areas of the team that I believe need to be addressed. Please chime in and tell me what you think.

WR: Lloyd had a good year for us and I'll be happy he's back, however, his skill set is best suited for the intermediate passing game. He's a pure possession receiver and gets little to no YAC. Honestly, that's all we need out of him. We must find a pass catcher that can challenge a defense vertically. We need that guy that can just "go up and get it". McDaniels drafted 2 nice ones in Thomas and Decker, maybe his input lands us a dynamic threat. I really do think Welker walks. I can't imagine BB wanting to pony up the dough for an aging slot WR that seems to be coming down with a case of the drops. Enter Tavon Austin via the draft. He could be had in the late first/early second round and could be molded into a terrific replacement for Welker. Oh and he's much more athletic than Welker is too.

DB: Re-sign Aqib Talib! Our defense is significantly better with him on the field and BB must feel that way as well considering he traded for him. I believe Dennard will be terrific for us next year and paired with Talib, will give us a formidable CB tandem.

DT: A penetrating pass rusher to pair with Vince would go a long way toward generating a better pass rush. Jones and Ninkovich were inconsistent at collapsing the pocket from the outside and too often QB's had a very long time to find an open receiver. Wilfork is a beast but he's not the type of player that's going to get the the QB very often.

OL: Re-sign Vollmer!!! Added depth to the interior offensive line wouldn't be a bad idea either.

LB: Lose weight. Our LB's are terrific against the run but far too often get burned over the middle of the field. They need to be faster and more athletic in space. Hightower is listed at 270. He needs to be around 240-250. Spikes is too slow anyways so it wouldn't matter much.

PSD Patriots Forum Hall Of Fame Class Of 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by se247042 View Post
    Personally I think Spikes is traded with Mallett during the draft for a 2014 1st or 2nd. Te'o, I believe, will still be here. He can do a lot of what Spikes can, and isn't a head case.
    Wait Te'o the man who was apart of the whole hoax with his fake gf dying isn't a head case? I like Spikes, he is a huge factor in how good our run D has been. Let him work on getting faster so he can be more effective on passing downs and we're set for out LBs. Use the picks on DL and CB. Maybe even a WR if BB is feeling lucky.

vCash
    Anyone like the idea of bringing back Richard Seymour? He's 33, but man can our D-line use some attitude/nastiness. Hasn't really been there since he left. Oakland seems done with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdceltsfan View Post
    Anyone like the idea of bringing back Richard Seymour? He's 33, but man can our D-line use some attitude/nastiness. Hasn't really been there since he left. Oakland seems done with him.
    Not really. His best days are behind him. Plus, I think he's still pissed at the Pats for trading him. I could be wrong, but I got that impression.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdceltsfan View Post
    No. Aging and overpaid player that's been in decline for years. If he got cut, and we could get him for $4M for one year maybe.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    Not really. His best days are behind him. Plus, I think he's still pissed at the Pats for trading him. I could be wrong, but I got that impression.
    Sure BB banished him to Oakland the worst place in the NFL where all he gets is money. He went ahead and stuck BB up twice on contracts, nobody else has ever done it, and BB shived him as soon as he was able. He's almost done and we have our LT of the next 7-11 years. Good trade.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by griff141 View Post
    LB: Lose weight. Our LB's are terrific against the run but far too often get burned over the middle of the field. They need to be faster and more athletic in space. Hightower is listed at 270. He needs to be around 240-250. Spikes is too slow anyways so it wouldn't matter much.
    I don't see Hightower losing any weight, nor Mayo. However Spikes is so bad in coverage he might be gone despite his great run stopping. They need to draft a cover LB or buy one, not try and remake great players into something they are liable not to be as good doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    Spikes is one of the best linebackers in the league at stopping the run
    and one of the worst in pass coverage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    and one of the worst in pass coverage
    doesn't mean the pats should cut him, just that he shouldn't play on clear passing downs.

He is also very cheap, makes under 1 mil.
    Yo Soy Fiesta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kucka View Post
    Wait Te'o the man who was apart of the whole hoax with his fake gf dying isn't a head case? I like Spikes, he is a huge factor in how good our run D has been. Let him work on getting faster so he can be more effective on passing downs and we're set for out LBs. Use the picks on DL and CB. Maybe even a WR if BB is feeling lucky.
    Spikes isn't going to get faster. Coverage will always be a weakness in his game, and it could prevent him from getting an extension. BB has done a good job of masking this flaw, but it was apparent on a few plays in the AFCCG.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast