Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Revis is not happening guys. First of all, he needs to be traded for, between a division rival who the pats have a long history with. Secondly, he's coming off a major knee injury and is getting paid booku bucks. Thirdly, and it probably doesn't matter but ill say it anyway...he hates BB.

vCash
    Revis isnt gonna get cut. Noway the jets trade him to the patriots unless they get a monsterhall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    What do you guys think of Darrelle Revis? He's always gave us a hard time so why not bring him in for a workout? Couldn't hurt.
    Bring him in? He's property of the Jets. In order to justify trading the picks, we have to extend him. How does 7 years for $90M grab you? Coming off knee surgery, and the Jets/Pats thing? Very well thought out.....

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Resign Talib ASAP. Get a safety that knocks people out. Before panicking on a bunch roster moves bring in a DC that isn't afraid to blitz and when they do blitz has better schemes. I know BB is the man but we are to passive and have the ability to make a number of our players look bad in coverage. This is maybe the biggest reason not to panic all of the 1st and 2nd year contributers are going to improve significantly. Jones will add weight and strength and be the pass rusher we are looking for. Hightower will be better for certain. Again not bagging on BB I would like to see someone run the D that he trusts like he does McDaniel on O. Must piss Brady off to see the difference in time to throw the ball the other team has. JMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWesWelker View Post
    Revis is not happening guys. First of all, he needs to be traded for, between a division rival who the pats have a long history with. Secondly, he's coming off a major knee injury and is getting paid booku bucks. Thirdly, and it probably doesn't matter but ill say it anyway...he hates BB.
    Guys like Revis are all talk, I bet if he had the chance to play with a QB like Brady he'll do it after all he had Sanchez for 5 years lol. I believe the Jets want a first round DP? OK If we have 2 or 3 first round DP, give the Jets one of our picks pay the reminder of his salary, and sign him to the Vet minimum whatever that is. If he doesn't work out release him. But this is just my take. LOL.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Guys like Revis are all talk, I bet if he had the chance to play with a QB like Brady he'll do it after all he had Sanchez for 5 years lol. I believe the Jets want a first round DP? OK If we have 2 or 3 first round DP, give the Jets one of our picks pay the reminder of his salary, and sign him to the Vet minimum whatever that is. If he doesn't work out release him. But this is just my take. LOL.
    We only have 1 pick in each of the first 3 rounds. I don't even entertain the idea of getting him. It would be great, but it is not happening. Absolutely 0% chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captmike View Post
    Resign Talib ASAP. Get a safety that knocks people out. Before panicking on a bunch roster moves bring in a DC that isn't afraid to blitz and when they do blitz has better schemes. I know BB is the man but we are to passive and have the ability to make a number of our players look bad in coverage. This is maybe the biggest reason not to panic all of the 1st and 2nd year contributers are going to improve significantly. Jones will add weight and strength and be the pass rusher we are looking for. Hightower will be better for certain. Again not bagging on BB I would like to see someone run the D that he trusts like he does McDaniel on O. Must piss Brady off to see the difference in time to throw the ball the other team has. JMO
    Getting Revis at a decent price would be good.

Forget about the DC being fired.

Brady has more time to pass than any other QB.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    What? It will cost more than a late 1st round pick to deal for Revis (our only #1 this year) - BTW, where did we get these other draft picks?

Sign him to the vet minimum? He's signing for $12M+ a year on his extension or FA contract, whatever happens. Vet minimum? Troll.

vCash
    What do you guys think of Titus Young? Looks like he wont be in Detroit much longer.

PS. Don't bite my head off if this is a stupid question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVpatsfan View Post
    What do you guys think of Titus Young? Looks like he wont be in Detroit much longer.

He's certainly got speed but I'm honestly getting a bit fed up with tiny receivers. We need a big possession guy. I will say though, it'd be interesting to see how he'd be utilized in the Pats offense.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVpatsfan View Post

Fair question so don't take my response in the wrong way. Young is a buyer beware case, and would be a huge risk. He purposely lined up in the wrong spot multiple times in games this year because he didn't appreciate his role. That is not the type of player that works out in New England, and I'd be surprised if he figures out. He has a ton of ability, but he clearly has issues.
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 01-27-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Agreed with many above on revis. he certainly would fit and make this defense so much better, but it is probably the biggest pipe dream out there. along with the obvious factors that it would be cost prohibitive, both in terms of picks (probably at least a 1 and 3 this year, more in future) and that contract which will probably look fairly bad towards the end, with half of the money guaranteed. even if the guaranteed money is frontloaded, the cost is excessive. add that to the fact that revis hates brady and bb and it doesnt make too much sense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captmike View Post
    so basically you want to just sit on the current roster and hope a new DC can coach existing talent better than BB? sounds legit.

vCash
    Young scares me too, but we took Moss and talib and created success with them.

I'd rather take a shot at Devery Henderson though. No off field issues, probably will be cheap, faster and a true deep threat. He won't be a possession receiver that will catch 50 balls for you, but if he can stretch the field with 25-30 catches and 18 YPC that would be a huge help. Although he might just be a year too old to be effective

vCash
    I love welker but i believe it is time to let him go, he is gonna want to much money, and this team needs a receiver that can spread the field, there are to many possession receivers on this team already, and that killed us last week. Time to change it up

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast