Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    They we're 10-5 with Matt Cassell.
    Yup, when belicheat retires then the patriots will fall off. His system is perfection, he can made mediocre players become superstars. Without skipping a beat they plug rite in.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    True, but I'm pretty sure the patriots empire will crumble, and it starts when Brady retires from football

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    Did anyone see the play when Brady slid and extended his leg out and up? How is that not a penalty?

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Did anyone see the play when Brady slid and extended his leg out and up? How is that not a penalty?
    How is Bernard Pollard not penalized and suspended for his hit on the RB? It was exactly what the league doesn't want to have happen. And it changed the game. And the RB's knees were down when the ball came loose. I thought they were robbed on that play and it was game over at that point. Not that I'm upset over the Pats losing.

vCash
    Yeah, Ty Cobb style. That was as dirty a play as if someone had tried to clip his knees. Brady and BB are quite a pair.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    How is Bernard Pollard not penalized and suspended for his hit on the RB? It was exactly what the league doesn't want to have happen. And it changed the game. And the RB's knees were down when the ball came loose. I thought they were robbed on that play and it was game over at that point. Not that I'm upset over the Pats losing.
    I see your point.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    I see your point.

vCash
    http://telly.com/0W2AWX
    The slide in question.

vCash
    Tom Brady should be punished for slide with foot up, Bernard Pollard says

He believes the star quarterback should be punished by the NFL for lifting his right leg and striking Ravens free safety Ed Reed in the leg while sliding as the veteran defensive back slowed down to avoid hitting Brady. Quarterbacks are protected from being hit under the NFL rule book in those situations when they go to the ground and slide.

"When you slide, obviously quarterbacks know when they slide, everything is on the ground," Pollard said Monday at Ravens team headquarters the day after a 28-13 AFC title game victory over the Patriots. "He knew what he was doing. So, I'm the type of player it has to go both ways. It really does. It has to go both ways. Hopefully, the NFL will do something about it. If they don't, that's fine. If they do, that's fine.

"I think for me as a player we all know emotions are on the field. We're going to say things. We're going to do things, but, when it's all said and done, if you want to keep the game clean, if you want to keep this thing going in the right direction, everybody needs to be penalized for their actions."

An intimidating hitter who operates as an enforcer in the AFC champions' secondary, Pollard knocked Patriots running back Stevan Ridley out of the game and forced a fumble in the fourth quarter for a turnover that set up the Ravens' final touchdown, a Joe Flacco pass to Anquan Boldin.

Pollard unleashed a huge blow that separated Ridley from the football and for, several minutes, his senses as he was prone on the ground and obviously trying to regain his faculties.

"I could care less about what people have to say," Pollard said. "This is a violent sport. We run fast. We hit hard. Guys are big, and they're getting bigger and quicker year in and year out. For me, I love to play this game. I love to tackle.

"That's what I do. When you got two guys running full speed at each other and you got helmets and shoulder pads on, somebody is going to go down. It's not something I'm proud of. I hope he's all right."
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,1120811.story

vCash
    http://telly.com/0W2AWX
    The slide in question.
    I hear the NFL will fine Ed Reed for hitting Brady's foot.

vCash
    I'm in the minority on this and probably the only one who feels this way but why are we bashing the patriots lost PUBLICLY? Is it envy and jealous ? Our mess of a team is sitting home missing the playoffs again watching them lose in a conference title game. That's why the media and others are calling jets fan base crap. By all means , I, too, am happy to NE lost but I'm too embarrassed about my team to call out another teams demised. Let's focus on this off-season and kick them ourselves, more satisfaction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSleepTill View Post
    I'm in the minority on this and probably the only one who feels this way but why are we bashing the patriots lost PUBLICLY? Is it envy and jealous ? Our mess of a team is sitting home missing the playoffs again watching them lose in a conference title game. That's why the media and others are calling jets fan base crap. By all means , I, too, am happy to NE lost but I'm too embarrassed about my team to call out another teams demised. Let's focus on this off-season and kick them ourselves, more satisfaction.
    i don't buy that logic

the whole point of a rivalry is to root against your rivals... regardless of how good or bad your team. even though their team hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade, all of my dolfan friends down here in miami are never shy to blow up my phone, facebook and email when the jets lose (especially the two AFC title games). same thing goes for my fsu friends who haven't won **** in a decade. and you better believe i do the same to all these miami guys whenever the heat lose... even though the knicks have been a laughingstock for a decade and haven't won a playoff series in just as long.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I see your logic. I was like that too when I was younger. Guess I mellowed out with age and the fact that , I too, am based in florida and have constant bombardment from their fanbase or lack their of. So I best keep quiet till I have something to go back on. At least, we have the Knicks this year against the Heat to lean back on. peace.

vCash
    Pats fans taunted Smith about dead brother
    I wrote about how Terrell Suggs' postgame rant on the Patriots was classless. Well, that is nothing compared to this latest inappropriate emotional outburst.

Smith
    A number of Patriots fans tweeted some disparaging remarks to Torrey Smith about his late brother following the AFC Championship Game, according to the Ravens wide receiver. Tevin Smith, Torrey's younger brother, was killed in a motorcycle accident in September.

"Played a lot of games since my brothers death and I never received as many rude tweets after a win than Sunday...yet NE fans cry about class," Smith tweeted Tuesday.

I understand how fans can take losses personally. But they can't make it personal. This is the perfect example of social media gone bad. I applaud Smith for handling it the right way because many athletes wouldn't.

The sad part is this isn't the first time Smith has had to deal with this. Shortly after Smith helped the Ravens beat the Patriots in September, only hours after his brother had died, someone taunted him on Twitter, saying, "Hey, Smith, how about you call your bro and tell him about your wi--- ohhhh. Wait. #TooSoon?"

I often wonder why athletes even go on social media during the season. San Francisco kicker David Akers closed his Twitter account after receiving death threats late last month.

And losing control after losses isn't a problem for just fans. The wife of Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker, Anna Burns Welker, used Facebook to take a few shots at Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis on Sunday night.

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!" Burns Welker said in a since-deleted post on her personal Facebook page. She later released a statement apologizing for her remarks.

If you would like to hear more from Smith, you don't have to go on Twitter or Facebook to do so. He went on "Mike & Mike" to talk about the support of his teammates and describes the way the team was able to knock off New England to advance to the Super Bowl.
    Staying classy in the New England area.

vCash
    Because if you go back and look at the play you will see that Pollard's helmet hits Vereen's first only because Vereen lowers his head into him as if to take him on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast