Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 290
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    when you have 46 dbls and 21HRS you dont need guys in scoring position all the time smart girl. he got enough MVP votes to place 10th that yr.

    in 2010 i picked D Young off the waiver wire and he helped lead me to a ship, dont get me wrong im not trying to defend him, but hes got talent and its showed up in MLB, and hes 27, he won ALCS MVP last year... and raul is making 3x as much! i think its an indictment on his refusal to gain discipline in any area of life LOL
    Calm down slugger. I'm just saying the RBIs aren't what made him good that year. If your point was that he hit Hr and doubles, why not use those instead of a useless team stat?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Calm down slugger. I'm just saying the RBIs aren't what made him good that year. If your point was that he hit Hr and doubles, why not use those instead of a useless team stat?
    Just shut up. You point out the dumbest things at the worst times.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Just shut up. You point out the dumbest things at the worst times.
    No. **** you.

    Didnt you say something about CM using RBI to support Morse? I think so. Just get off your ****ing high horse
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Wa
    Posts
    10,553
    vCash
    1500
    Brodie and his ****ing horse.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,227
    vCash
    1500
    Why do you call everyone slugger?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,098
    vCash
    1500
    Why is everyone here a hypocrite?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,227
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know, slugger!
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Why is everyone here a hypocrite?
    Speak for yourself.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,098
    vCash
    1500
    Brodie and S4E do to me exactly what they say I shouldn't do.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Brodie and S4E do to me exactly what they say I shouldn't do.
    They are not everyone

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,227
    vCash
    1500
    On everyone's behalf, I think I can say me and Brodie actually ARE everyone.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    I'm just trying to teach you how not to be a dick... and also how to be a dick better. Lessons everyone must go through.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Wa
    Posts
    10,553
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I'm just trying to teach you how not to be a dick... and also how to be a dick better. Lessons everyone must go through.
    Fact

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,575
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    exactly. thats why i loathe wedge. i cant stand when a team shuffles the lineup everyday. my kinda team is when a player knows going to the ballpark exactly where they will play and bat in the lineup and who will hit in front and behind em.... i know the hitters weren't helping him out but it didnt even seem like wedge even tried to find a consistent lineup, and prolly hindered some of the guys (no excuse tho).... The best Mariner teams ever a casual fan coulda predicted the lineup card, i think that is sign of a good team...
    Gotta remember that young guys who are new to the majors don't yet think like vets, or respond to coaching like vets... so sometimes you gotta think differently. I'm not sure how much time you've spent around kids, but when it comes to disciplining them, well, not everyone knows how to do it right/well... often times the attempts are met with futility. Why? Because adults are used to interacting with adults, so if you try to talk to kids like they're adults it often fails to get the results you want. Point being? It takes a manager who understands the immature baseball mentality of these kids to find ways to make them into vets. I mean some of these kids just have "it", and don't need the coaching as much, and don't need a creative manager to bring out there best, but then I would argue the majority do need it. I do believe that some of Wedge's "insanity" in setting a lineup card has less to do with not knowing how to do it, and more to do with toying with the kids' mentalities in ways that they will eventually respond to positively, and end with eventual maturity.

    The only reason I think that is because he has a track record of it. I'm certainly not saying he's the manager I want down the road when we have a talent laden team, but I think he's what we need right now in order to get us to the point where we have a talented and productive lineup.

    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    dang, i know Delmon Young sucks big time, but i would rather have him at that cost or even a little more then Raul and/or Bay
    I agree, simply because of the cost. Would have more faith in Young producing more than Bay, or more consistently than Bay. But I would also prefer Ibanez at the same cost.... however at the much reduced rate I would take Young. And I could certainly understand the argument that I might prefer to keep Jaso and sign Young at that cost, versus trading Jaso for Morse and his bloated contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Woo hoo, he had a person in scoring position in front of him a lot. That's not why he is better than what we have
    Think jej, how often did we have men on base, in scoring position, and get absolutely nothing done at the plate...? RBIs are not simply the product of having men on base, they are the product of having men on base and having someone at the plate who is up to the job of getting them home. As Mariners fans we should know by now that some are good at that, or in our case many are bad at it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    Brodie and his ****ing horse.
    I once downloaded a porn video by accident that had a chick trying to get screwed by a horse. And I was intending to download porn, that wasn't the accident, the title was just 100% misleading. I watched the video though... soooo weird, and sooooooooo not hot. Unless you're Jenny Jejstein and like that kind of thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I'm just trying to teach you how not to be a dick... and also how to be a dick better. Lessons everyone must go through.
    Intent... that is the key. Be a dick when you intend to be, and not when you don't intend to be... wise words there Brodie!
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 01-23-2013 at 06:55 AM.

    "Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,642
    vCash
    1500
    U mad BRO?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •