Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    The thing is, he hasnt had like a recurring injury or anything. Most of his injuries have been freak things. IBS, then getting hit in the head are both unlikely to effect him later. It would be different if he kept messing up a knee or something, but thats not the case. At this point, he just seems unlucky
    Won't the IBS thing affect him long term? I remember him having to go on a diet because of it which will affect his body shape.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    It could, but I think they have it under control. Wasnt it two years ago that that happened? I havent heard anything sense. I think they just strapped on some diapers and sent him on his way.

The point is, I am not sure its fair to call him injury prone yet because two (one if you dont want to count IBS) of his major problems are freak things. He hit well when he came back last year, as well as in the offseason league he was in.

Im not expecting the Guti from his first year here, but I think he can be somewhat productive.

Even if he isnt, one year of Bourn just for the hell of it when it costs the pick doesnt make sense to me
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Lol Guti stay healthy thats a good one 2 years he hasn't been able to stay healthy even if he was i would start Saunders over him more upside and hasn't been away from the game.
    Gutierrez has a 6 WAR season under his belt, that upside is much higher than Saunders'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Gutierrez has a 6 WAR season under his belt, that upside is much higher than Saunders'.
    Yea but that was back in 09 his offense has dipped since then due to injury.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 01-25-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Won't the IBS thing affect him long term? I remember him having to go on a diet because of it which will affect his body shape.
    IBS essentially means "we don't know what the **** is wrong with your stomach"... otherwise they give it a more technical name. In other words, if they don't know what's wrong with him, they don't know how long it'll be a problem. Could be over for good, could be a problem next year. No one honestly knows.

I agree... if I'm a betting man, I bet on Guti, assuming both have fully healthy seasons. But Guti is a question mark because of his health, and Sandy is a question mark because its taken him this long to produce a half decent season, and who knows if he can repeat or improve. But with Guti's baseline best, I like his odds of being more impactful when he's on the field.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Yea but that was back in 09 his offense has dipped since then due to injury.
    Actually his wRC+ tied his career high last season. I think he actually can be better than ever as a hitter. If anything I doubt whether he'll ever be as good defensively again just due to age.

vCash
    Actually his wRC+ tied his career high last season. I think he actually can be better than ever as a hitter. If anything I doubt whether he'll ever be as good defensively again just due to age.
    I've always thought he had more offensive upside than we've seen yet. Don't know if we'll get to see it in an M's uni, but I know its in there. I still think he's got the ability at this age to be a top defensive CF, if healthy... if he's healthy, I really don't think much can hold him back from that... its not like he's got a knee or ankle injury to battle through.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Man, you guys are much more optimistic on Guti than I am. He's an amazing defender and with a healthy season, should put up solid WAR numbers based on that alone. But, I'm not confident he can stay healthy and I think we've seen his absolute ceiling already offensively.

I hope I'm wrong but I could see him missing 30+ games.

vCash
    I believe Guti will stay healthy all season barring any freak injuries. remember last year when he came back, his first AB he got HBP, then a few games /weeks later he got that pick off throw to the face while on first.

Just been a rough go but I can se him staying healthy and being one of our most valuable assets this year.

vCash
    Guit's 6 WAR season was thanks to his ridiculous defensive numbers that year. And we have to remember that defensive metrics are far from perfect. Players that post high or low numbers have to be expected to regress or improv.e

vCash
    I see a 3 win year or so for Guti. Can't see him being so unlucky again, cause to me that's what he has been with his health issues
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    In important news, the Braves traded for Justin Upton. He got what he wanted.

I wish he were here but I'm glad we didn't give up Walker for him.

I don't think the Braves package of players is as good as what we offered though.
    that OF is going to be siiiick... for years to come.... i feel bad for philly, nym and MIA, braves and WAS are loaded and are not going anywhere any time soon.

vCash
    Justin Upton can blow me. I hope he comes to Safeco sometime soon so we can boo him off the field.

vCash

Sadly, I agree Brodie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post

Sadly, I agree Brodie
    I gladly agree! Lost all respect for upton when he veto'd the trade, it was a blessing in disguise because we still have walker.

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast